Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4764&start_row=1

Dreadlocks

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Stevie S Sent: 7/18/2012 2:26:25 AM

Blessed,

I have thinning hair and am unable to grow dreads. This isn't a big problem is it?

InI Love
JAH Rastafari

Messenger: ras mansour Sent: 7/18/2012 3:38:44 AM

live ITAL iya,it will grow....luv n recpect
Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/20/2012 4:17:07 PM

RasTafarI people who have thinning hair still let their locks grow from the hair that is still growing.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/20/2012 10:20:57 PM

I know osha root (boiled in water) Extracts ect... can help hair regrow... Also black sesame seed. ital I eat is important...

but Jah knows its not the hair that locks us in with him but our hearts..No problem...Jus grow ya faith,,let those roots grow deep.

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/22/2012 6:24:23 AM

how do white rastas dread the tip of their hair, ive been dreading my hair but when it come to the tip its not no eay, any advice?

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/27/2012 4:21:18 AM

Thats no big deal supersmile
cant make the hair do anything
its just perfect how it is
Everyones hair is just perfect how jah made it
it dont need dyed, straightened , surled, sprayed with chemicals
permed, or anything
Jah made all in his image, dont desecrate that
if the dread grows like this its perfect, if like that, dont try to change it.

No dread head is the same... but baldheads, them all programed to be the same..act and look the same .But these dreads no one Rasta is the same as another, each one expresses their gifts and is jus themselves, unique , expressing and being themselves , fre with Jah

tips will just get into knots at first and then bigger knots and keep growing knotting up till its a lock..

just keep very clean and they will knot up quicker...Its just a thing of time and patience...Keep em clean and let them do their thing..Its a natural thing. and nature is like this, just leave it alone and it will do fine...but beware this knots can attach to other knots and makes dreads in many different sizes... Iv had one get like a foot in diamiter and many others are just real thin..A inch in diamiter..

Just keep it clean and growing , a physical reflection of the inner transformation of mind and heart..As jah forms the heart and shapes our minds , so Jah shapes the dreadlocks and physical forms of Rastafari into strong , beatiful temple, worthy of Jahs presence and spirit to dwell in and live in along with the soul of man.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/27/2012 2:44:01 PM

The tips of I locks have straight strands, and I don't worry about them dreading. I just let I hair grow naturally and it Locks itself.

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/27/2012 6:47:40 PM

but you had to lock it in the first place right?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/27/2012 7:03:14 PM

Supersmile,

I did nothing to I hair but let it grow.

If you're trying to grow locks, then don't comb your hair. Wearing a tam or hat and rubbing your hair can speed up the process, but nothing else is required but time.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/29/2012 5:57:39 AM

Jah make The I's locks unique. Why make them any other way?

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I