Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4758&start_row=1

Organ and Blood donor?

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 7/12/2012 7:12:43 PM

Greetings

I recently registered Iself and I family with a new doctors. One of the parts of the form was asking for permission in the event of death to use organs ect to save lives of others.

What are ones thoughts on this? Did Selassie I speak on such a thing?

Give thanks

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/12/2012 9:57:16 PM

I don't know if Selassie I specifically spoke about blood donation or organ donation, but I don't think He is against it.

I think those decisions are personal and its up to each individual as to whether to donate or not.

Here is a link to a previous Reasoning:

Donating Blood

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/13/2012 1:16:15 PM

I believe in donating blood, a practice I learned from my own father. He was always so proud of the fact that he could help others by donating. My father had a very rare blood type, so the blood bank was always contacting him asking for donation, and he always gave. One day I asked him why, and he told me this was his way of passing the blessing to others; that God had blessed him with this special gift and he had to share it with others. I never forgot what my father said, and that is why I also donate.

Eleazar, it's sort of funny. My father never knew anything about rasta life, but he loved the simple life. He grew up in the country and when he moved to the City, people used to make fun of him because he was from the country. When they laughed about this, my father laughed harder than anyone. At first it made me upset. Then one day, I asked my father why he laughs when others make fun of him. He said: Because they are so stupid. They don't know that country life is the best life! I believe my father was the embodiment of a rasta man. He had a great respect for life and he loved keeping everyting to its simplest form. Come to think of it, I'm very much like my dad! Hmm...

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I