Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4756&start_row=1

The Cross

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/11/2012 9:10:49 AM

Can anyone link me to any reasonings which have been, about the christian cross, the one many people wear around their necks, the one the catholic church are obsessed with, and the significance behind it, compared to the ethiopian cross and the significance behind that one aswell.

knowledge is power

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/11/2012 1:07:51 PM

It is not a good thing to wear a cross and try to associate it with Christ.

This habit began with Babylon, when they changed and lied that Christ was crucified on a cross, seen?
Actually Christ was slain, and not crucified as they say, seen?

Fire burns the cross,
unless one wears it as a jewellery!

Raspect..

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 7/11/2012 2:10:08 PM

Where did you read Christ was slain and not crucified?

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/12/2012 3:20:22 AM

Not everything that was written is true!

And not all the truth was written...more than half of the truth remains unwritten!

Bless..

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/12/2012 6:01:55 AM

But where did the I come up with that reasoning?

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/12/2012 1:48:11 PM

Actually, for many centuries after Christ's death, it was written in the Bible that Christ was nailed with His hands above His head on an upright pole, seen?

But as Babylon changed the versions of the Bible with time, they managed to change all the Scriptures that talk about this,
and lied that He was nailed on a cross,
and began incorporating the cross into the worship of God, seen?

Jesus never told us to use the cross when worshipping God,
it's just Babylon trying to mislead and cause people to worship false gods, seen?

The idea behind the cross is to pay homage to certain man whose name started with the letter "T".........so the cross symbolizes a "t", in honour of that man, whose history is of no importance to me!

More fire upon the cross,
no matter who uses it!

Fire burns..

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/12/2012 3:42:12 PM

Crucifixon was very commonly used by Romans in ancient times as the form of execution. The Bible says Jesus was beaten before He was crucified. This was also a common prelude to the execution which the Romans often used. When Christ resurrected, the Bible says he actually told Thomas (remember doubting Thomas?) to put his hands in the holes where he was nailed to the cross, and it was at that time that Thomas stopped doubting and began to believe because Thomas saw the holes in Jesus' hands from being nailed to the cross.

It is true, Jesus never said anything about using the cross when worshipping God. Some people even have crosses withe Jesus nailed to the cross which is really confusing. Why wear a cross showing him still nailed to it, when he was resurrected
?
I had never heard of the idea of paying homage to someone whose name started with a "T," and if there is no record of the person's name, how does it honor the person? Hmm.

I have never read anywhere that Jesus was slain. It was always that he was crucified. But I wonder if it is possible that he died of asfyxiation because of the way he was mounted on that cross?

Messenger: DURU Sent: 7/13/2012 5:50:33 AM

Blessed to all

D cross is originally d key of life of ancient kmt "ankh" it symbolizes d trinity of father,mother,and child it simply means eternal life.

But catholics through political agenda used cross to symboliize christ but these is false ,catholic cross symbolize death but christ represent life, d majority christian teachings based their importance of christ by his "death" its d death of christ dem worship instead of christ livity and to love anothger,these is why dem paint christ and d saints with sad faces ,d very doctrine of majority christians is that d world is full of miseries and only through christ u will get saved, them brainwashed d people dat creation is a misery and from dat on ppl will be forced to go to church simply because of fear of hell, its better to picture dat christ has a smiling face and a very happy man for he and d father is 1 ,he must be d happiest and these happines him preach.

Symbolically d cruxifiction doesn't have to be historical for instance dat d 2 thievs crucified beside christ symbolizes past and future and christ represents as d present moment,most of ppl is stuck on past and imagine d future forgetting d beauty and reality of here and now, or 2 thieves can be seen as d 2 physical eyes which can only see in parts or dualistic ,and christ between dem represents d 3rd eye ,dat is always open ,d all seeing eye,(awareness) ,seeing d whole,nondual,no separation.

D point of this story is to sacrifice d individual identity which is represtented by d flesh ,when d identification of I individual is eliminated,this is ressurection meaning d I is all,all is 1, 1 is all.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/13/2012 12:04:28 PM

Duru, you always give me soooooo much to contemplate. Thank you for this posting. Blessings...

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/21/2012 12:07:44 AM

The cross comes from Africa....From Egypt...And all Egypts Glory came from the Higher Ground where the Niles Source is....Ethiopia....

This is where Man kinds Origional glory and wisdom, the greatest of our human ancestors came from there....This is where Egypts wisdom came from...

The cross , the earliest meaning I have found is that is means this.

The cross is four side...the origional cross had a loop at top...
These four sides of the cross symbolized the four elements of Jahs nature...

The cross is one but is has four eleemts in it, earth, water, air(wind), fire(light).

The Ankh is a great example of the veneration of the cross in pre-Christian times. The circle above the Tau was simply a handle by which people could hold the Cross as they walked. The Ethiopian Church has maintained this tradition since their priests and bishops are expected to be always holding a hand Cross, especially when they are speaking to others. (One Ethiopian priest once told me that if he didn't have his hand Cross, his bishop would immediately ask him, "Where is it?") When one approaches an Ethiopian (or Coptic) priest, he extends his hand Cross out so that one may reverence it with a kiss and then press it to one's forehead.

The Tau was honoured highly as the symbol of life also by Jews, as we know, and it was the "T" symbol that the Children of Israel painted on their doorposts at the first Passover with the blood of the lamb. The brazen serpent that was made and hoisted onto a pole also made the "T" shape - and in the third chapter of John's Gospel, Jesus affirms that He too would be lifted up like that serpent - which is why Russian Orthodox, to this day, prefer to have their neck Crosses made from brass or bronze and they sometimes wear a little bronze serpent around their necks together with their baptismal Crosses to recall Christ's words! (The Jews later called the brazen serpent "Kundun" - which is the Dalai Lama's title in Tibetan, but I don't know if this is a coincidence or not - but they later destroyed it as it came to be worshipped by the Jews).

In Egypt, the early Greek missionaries quickly took the opportunity to tell the people there that the Tau they loved so much was the symbol of the Son of God Whose Gospel they came to deliver to them. The Coptic Church later developed an actual aversion to the Tau (so a Coptic monk told me) because it reminded them of the Ankh symbol which was a hearkening to paganism for them. Nonetheless, the Tau became wildly popular in Europe as the Ansate Cross. In Europe, it became the emblem of St. Anthony of Egypt and of St. Francis of Assisi. Tertullian and others wrote that the letter "T" indicated the shape of the true Cross of our Lord.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/afr/we/we04.htm

http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/ankh.html

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I