Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4746&start_row=1

New to RasTafari

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: KaiiShaRae Sent: 7/3/2012 6:26:52 PM

Greetings Rasta family
I n I has some questions about being Rasta the "correct " way. I n I dont have any family or friends that live this lifestyle so most of what i n i have learned about this way of life comes from books and documentaries but i n i dont think that it is enough.
I n i read the Holy Words of JAH as much as i n i can and if i n i dont have time to read the Holy scripture i n i pray to JAH and smoke the Holy Herb and reason alone listening to the words of Bob Marley or whole reading the scripture. I n i also dont eat the flesh of any animal, i n i dont drink any alcohol and i n i dont eat grapes.

Is this enough for i n i to live by to get to Zion?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/3/2012 9:42:53 PM

KaiiShaRae,

It sounds like the I is off to a good start. Read the speeches and Autobiography of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I, the Kebra Negast, the Bible, the speeches of Marcus Garvey, and the speeches of King Emmanuel for more information about RasTafarI.

There are many Mansions of RasTafarI, so there isn't only one "correct" way to be RasTafarI, but there are many key points that all Rastas share in commmon. The most important is Reverence and Respect for Haile Selassie I Jah RasTafarI.

To be accepted into Zion you must stop sinning, because no sin shall not enter into Zion.

This site and Blackking.net are good sources of information about RasTafarI.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/26/2012 1:32:00 PM

New to Rastafari,

Listen to a lot of Sizzla Kalonji's songs, listen to his album called The Scriptures particularly the song Cleanse My Soul...also listen to his brand new cultural album called The Chant in particular the big song The System Crash!
Definitely you will learn a lot from the High Priest himself, Sizzla Kalonji of Judgement Yard who use the music to teach the truth!

I advise you also to listen to King Shango a lot and the rest of the Bobo Shanti reggae musicians, like Lutan Fyah and Chezidek!

And above all, don't let anyone discourage and scare you,
Be strong and overcome!

Cease not from praying.

Bless..

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/26/2012 3:28:25 PM

Before you listen to different musician and take their reasonings for true look in the I Ible and in the I heart. Don't be mislead by "fashion Rasta" and false teaching. Zion is a location spiritual and physical. So the I spirit and body must trod to Zion and follow Jah because only Jah know the path to Zion. InI believe Yesuah as I lord and savior and in the end he will vouch for I and open the gates of Zion. Rasta is not about a generic message one size fits all foolishness.. Rasta is the I spiritual PERSONAL relationship with Jah. At the end of the day the InI cannot tell me how to love my father and nor can I tell the I how to love but.....InI must ALWAYS respect the I's opinion for if InI don't ...I risk disrespecting and dishonoring I father Jah who teach me respect and love.

So the answer to the I question is.

Ask Jah if this is enough? He will tell you...InI don't know of the I personal relations with Jah ...but If the I must ask InI, then this is probably not enough. Yesuah say "your good deeds are as filthy rags and thru Faith alone are you saved."

Jah also say "you seek and you shall find"

So InI believe your greatest deed to reach Zion is not written on your list but a culmination of the I actions thus far. Seeking Jah.

The I have started

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/26/2012 3:43:54 PM

by your deeds shall a man be known

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/26/2012 5:09:30 PM

It doesn't matter if the I is known if the I isn't saved. InI didn't mean deeds aren't good. Because it also says "As a body without a spirit is dead, faith without works is dead."

I'm just sayin just how some Church people go church, give money, and ACT Christian. Don't mean they are following Christ and don't mean they will make it into heaven.

Faith is what ya need deeds and works will follow

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/26/2012 5:19:14 PM

true

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/26/2012 5:24:21 PM

InI just wanted to highlight the "faith" part because a lot of young people my age are falling into the "fashion" thing and call themselves Rasta because they listen to music and smoke herb. And this is a disrespect and misrepresentation of Rasta.

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/26/2012 5:30:13 PM

ofcourse

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/27/2012 3:54:06 AM

Seek the truth and you will find it and it will set you free in Zion.

Seek the Lord With all your heart mind and soul..

I and I now know about Jahs Words and ways.

I and i now do as his wiilm what Word says and walk his ways.

I and I now become his Will, Word and His way. We are that.

Know about it(Jahs will for you as an I), do it, become that.

First a beleiver knows about truth ...Few start to try and do ,,and even fewer becom that..

Be One with the truth the way the light.

One can follow all the precepts of the bible, not eat nothing impure, groww dreads, smoke herbs and listen to the truth...But none of that will get one into Zions Gates.....Only Love is the key to unlock the seven seals man is locked up in...

Only by enough LOVE can one get into Zion...True unconditional Love, like Christ Showed, unpon the sinners and righteous alike...
Love that shines like the sun on all, impartial...Jus healing and giving life light,,,be Jahs Love and you will enter.....Peace and Love
remember the parables of the light....place yourself not under a bushel but up on higher where you can shine Jah love on all...

foolish to think their is some kind of easy quick way into Zion..

Rastafri is a narrow path of striving, a rough rocky road, a battle that is spiritual. Can you pick up this cross? The Dreadlock symbolize this covenant, no matter how uneary the trod get I and I never cut the locks of faith or drop the cross.

There is no end, life is forever and Rasta is Jahs Servant, so come ready to serve Jah and be Jahs Will for Iternity.

Peter Tosh said" Everyone wanna go to heaven, but nobody wanna die."

What I say is dont worry about getting to Zion, Just do Jahs will and Be Jahs Works.

Follow Rastafari, King Selassies foosteps, follow Jesus Christs footsteps, and they will lead you to your path to fill with your footsteps..for others to follow...That is Zion

Excert from :The Lost art of Compassion
Once in Los Angeles, someone asked the Dalai Lamawhat was the “quickest and easiest” way to enlightenment. I’ll never forget what happened next: the Dalai Lama bowed his head and beganto cry. It struck me that such a question probably would be asked onlyin the United States, as though spiritual development could be gainedas easily as fast-food hamburgers. The search for quick and easy re-sults is itself a manifestation of narcissistic arrogance. Eventually theDalai Lama explained that there is no “quick, easy, or cheap” methodfor real, inner development. Though he would admit to having madeonly limited progress himself, he spoke about his own strong, sincereefforts over many, many years to develop patience and compassion inthe face of so many losses for himself and his people. Then he spoke of the great Tibetan saint Milarepa, who the Dalai Lama has taken as arole model. Milarepa underwent many hardships early in his life inorder to obtain Buddhist teachings. Then he spent many years livingalone in high, Himalayan caves. He had only a single white, cottoncloth to protect his body against the Tibetan winters, and his skineventually turned greenish from his subsisting so long just on meltedsnow and wild nettles. The Dalai Lama told of Milarepa’s fi;nal meet-ing with his greatest student, Gampopa. After having given Gampopamany different spiritual teachings, Milarepa said that he had one se-cret, very profound teaching that was “too precious to give away.” Sohe sent Gampopa away, but when Gampopa had walked so far that hecould barely hear Milarepa’s voice, Milarepa called him back. Milarepathen praised Gampopa’s qualities as a student, explaining that in facthe would share his fi;nal and most precious, secret teaching. Milarepathen lifted up his robe, exposing his naked body, which was coveredwith many hardened calluses. Milarepa explained that there was noteaching more profound than this: it is only through bearing the hard-ships of persistent and strenuous practice that one gains deep, goodqualities and enlightenment. As a result of his efforts, Milarepa wasable to sing, “I am the one who always adheres to kindness; Withgreat compassion I have subdued all evil thoughts,” and also,

What happiness to sing the victorious song,What happiness to chant and hum,More joyful still to talk and loudly sing!Happy is the mind, powerful and confi;dent.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/49089771/The-Lost-Art-of-Compassion-Discovering-the-Practice-of-Happiness-in-the-Meeting-of-Buddhism-and-Psychology

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I