Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4741&start_row=1

Rasta Man don't date black Uman? Racist?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 6/29/2012 12:50:51 AM

Recently I was looking up Damian Marley lyrics song and a picture of Damian and what InI think. Is his gf was a light skin Uman appeared and comments from a lot of people saying that our rasta community is racist and most man do not follow our own preachings, some said that they are surprise that all the "Marley religion " is about love of earth Africa and one love yet none of them date a Black Empress and I did notice that no family member except Rohan dated Lauryn Hill the beautiful African American empress all bob marley idren are married or live with their gf/bf's who are light skin or white InI knew that Jah sees no color but I do have questions such as those made by the people why is it that our brethrens do not date dark skin empress ? Are we not pass mental slavery? Is Babylon brainwashing brethrens & sisthrens and saying ideal beauty is a light skin? I is a lighg skin empress but InI always see that black rasta man always with a light skin Non rasta women, Also some of the comments went as far as to say RASTAFARI WAS A HEAUX! And that king Haile Selassie I did not care of Rastas! And kept lower class from coming in to see his majesty !, one guy mention " Selassie had a toilet made of gold while African and Jamaicans were in slums mad poverty and said himself was Christian " what is the thoughts on the topic? Or experience as dating wise goes

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/30/2012 1:03:01 AM

Is dat a study or general observation of somebody? Does it mean dat a lot of rasta in yo area sista date white women? Do u think dat study or observation was fair? I man don't know about dating prefrences of rastas in de west but I think fo somebody to make a statement about who most rastas date, de I should try n observe/study all rasta around de world. Its not fair to say dat things done by de Marley family are done by most rastas. Its true dat some rastas have gone astray from de teachings of black cauntiousness but dat doesn't mean der' are no more rastas who stand fo black. Teachings of rasta elders is clear, no intimate relationship with whites. Dat means dat if u black u affe date somebody who is black. It is a disgrace fo black people to be obsesed with de light skin. Now dis disgrace has penetrated de rasta community. Anyway sista not every black man is a careless Ithopian. If u black then avoid bein a careless Ithopian. Blessed love.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/30/2012 2:57:42 AM

Why talk about the Marley guys,
yet Sizzla, Shango, Marcus-I, Selassie-I, etc , married black women?!?!?!

Who is Darmain or Kymani in this Rastafari lifestyle?

It's like taking a look at Vybz, and then conclude that Rastafarians bleach their skin...hahaha!

Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 6/30/2012 12:41:30 PM

@Black heart blessings brethren, I think that unfortunately in America their is a obsession with black dating a light skin or whites, they consider it because they do not Want "dark skin" babies black love is quite rare and lot identify Rastafari with the Royal family Marley which is good in one side because thanks to marley they know about our way of life yet another bad thing because marley family represents or people see what a standard rasta man should be, and they see that they do not date black empresses it could be a preference it do not have to be racist but sadly non Rastas do have a point nowadays I see more and more dark skin man do not date dark skin women & even social websites magazines tv promote light skin as being ultimately beautiful . I do not want to agree with one women comment reference to the Damian marley picture but I do partly say is sort of "upsetting" because ziggy and some of the other marley brethrens come from a black empress and Damian does come from a light skin Jamaican and will most likely Date someone who mirrors his mom , people generalize Rastafari based of the Marley family either way. @Eleazar yes sizzla and others have married a black empress but is not lot in the western now in this days being with a dark skin empress

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/1/2012 3:42:32 PM

Ye sista. Dats very disapointing. If dats de case then it means mental slavery is higher than I thought. But I man feel I should warn ones about de evil dat has penetrated de rasta comunity. De evil dat I man talk about is de one dat fight against black cauntiousness teachings to re-enforce white supremacy n mental slavery on black people. It can manifest its self as negativity towards black liberators like Garvey by branding dem and deir teachings racist. It can also reveal itseslf as a desire or obsession of christianity on some rasta people such dat dem keep on spreading de very same christianity teachings dat was used by Babylon to enslave de minds of black people (e.g. some of dem will tel u black people were cursed). These are de very same rastafari people who'll tel u dat rastafari see no colour yet dem are ashamed of dem own blackness. Dem are quick to question teachings of elders n black liberators yet dem are afraid n against questioning of de bible. Dats why dem are obsessed with light skin. Black people affe hear de voice of Ithopia fo Ithopia is calling. Foward to black Ithopia. Peace!

Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 7/1/2012 4:03:14 PM

It is shocking and sad to see that bleaching skin in America is crawling slowly under the skin of our Rasta community ! We need more leaders to show some the truth and beauty of dark skin , the roots of where we came from , I always say as well Jah see no color and accepts us as who we are as long as we come to him humblely am with sincerity but I and I is right some who say Rastafari see no color are the ones that only be with a white or light skin Uman is nothing wrong with that just that they tend to be Hippocrates because they do not be by a dark skin empress hand . We got to do better and ask Jah for enlightment pon dis Babylon brainwash ! Blessings!

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 7/9/2012 5:24:06 PM

What about a white man dating a black women? I love black women, and in my area of the USA black women have no one to turn to because all the black people are dating white women...
Love has no color, so if I meet a nice woman with a good personality, it does not matter to me what color she is, as long as she is pure...
Always teach a black woman about her roots, she is royalty, I don't care what no one say,
My girlfriend is black and without me, she would have nobody to love cause all of the black men reject her...

BLACK WOMBAN IS THE FOUNDATION OF ALL CREATION

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/9/2012 5:49:39 PM

Unfortunately, RastafariYess is quite on point. Nowadays, one report after another is telling the black woman in the U.S.A. that there are not enough black men to go around as so many are either in prison, living an alternative lifestyle, too young or simply do not want black women. I believe this is a lie being perpetrated to suggest to black women if they expect to have a man at all, they must consider someone other than a black man. I believe this is a lie from hell. I believe there are enough black men to go around, if they would only choose their own kind. But it seems in their minds (this is just my personal observation!), if they are to have "the best," then they must have a white or very light skinned woman. For all that they sing of admiring, respecting and loving their black women, reality seems to be something different. The whole world has taken notice of it. And nowadays the talk so often seems to be about how difficult it is to be with a black woman. We are no more difficult than any other women. We do have standards that are not unseemingly high, but our standards do require for a man to be a man, not a boy/child. Oftentimes, I hear black brothers profess that white women do not make any demands on them; they can treat them any way they like and they do not complain. But when they are with a black woman, she will check them when they need to be checked and somewhere along the line, they have decided that they prefer to go unchecked. Still, there is that black man who simply will not accept a white woman. There is that black man who still desires to have seeds that are a true reflection of him and his blackness. There is that black brother who feels that no one will ever understand him the way his female counterpart does, and for that, I am eternally grateful. It is the reason I will hold out till the end for my black Boaz. I know he is out there and I know he will find me.

I often hear people say, "love knows no color." I do not believe this. I believe we do choose the people we want to live with, love with, procreate with, and their color certainly does not go unnoticed.

Blessings...

Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 7/9/2012 9:10:23 PM

@BurningBush I understand and it exactly goes back to my point nowadays black man do not date dark skin wombman now the requirements for a black dark skin brethren to date or marry a wombman is to be light skin or white but I'm not saying all black man reject a dark skin wombman and I'm glad to hear you're loving and taking care of a sisthren every wombman deserves love and respect no matter the skin color. & not all dark skin sisthren dates a white man for what I seen no offense I'm just expressing my humble opinion because some black man do not date them but wish you all blessings! @chica in this world of Babylon media has made sure they always or atleast most of the time that a protagonist in a movie, political sports man the wife gf are light skin if you see most successful brethrens dark skin are married to white mix light skin wombman they portray the ideal couple for example African American rapper lil Wayne who expresses many times that he will never marry nor have kids with a dark skin wombman and said he regrets having one daughter with a dark skin one and won't ever do that again , and I think you're right those stereotypes saying black wombman are too much to deal with crazy wild and we are not docile to man are crazy! Is sad and a shame! As a community we need to reinforce the power and beauty of been a black queens! Empress are beautiful !

Messenger: Pure Faith Sent: 7/10/2012 2:53:53 AM

Blessing and Greetings

Wow this is a topic. I am a dark skinned sister and I let the sun warm my soul every chance I get. I suggest that we can not put this world system on a pedestal. My sisters your beauty, worthiness is not attached to a persons preference of you because JAH makes perfection and you are that. I suggest if you let imagery dictate your reality you will find distortion.

JAHs plan, purpose and appointment for every sister and brother is set. Husband, purpose and so on.

To be caught up in that is murky water but may we rather uphold purity and righteousness and be as my sister would say "a peculiar Imple" that those who behold you have no choice but to recognize the impurities they allow to exist in them. This will makes us a better I.

Much Love Peace and blessings.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I