Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4735&start_row=1

Ital Bad?

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 6/24/2012 12:33:48 PM

InI have done search in books and decided to do online search by Rasta communities and information about the Nazirite vow. I-man is vegan do not consume grapes nor alcoholic beverage but have not done the vow, I went through an article that stated the following
" Rastafari is thus From the perspective of the New Testament, these food laws no longer need to be kept (see for example 1 Timothy 4:1-3, which states that all foods were 'created to be received with thanksgiving'). St. Paul even wrote, 'One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables"

never have I heard such statement saying that if I eat vegetables is for whose faith is weak InI been vegan I will not deny that I is tempted to eat non processed food such as donuts I reside in America so process food is everywhere such as hamburgers etc I is the only member of I family to Rastafari and vegan it can get challenging but InI still vegan staying strong to I way of life and faith I know some sisthrens and brethrens who are not ital and meat to I that's disrespectful at times but their is a diverse beliefs when it comes to food in rasta ,what is the thoughts on the subject?
Blessings and love sisthrens & brettens !

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/24/2012 2:46:36 PM

Ital is good not bad. Ital is de highest diet. I man don't need any aproval from de bible about ital, I just know dat der's no diet better than ital. Ital livity is de most accepteble to Jah. Fo those who want bible aproval can read proverbs 23 verse 20 which seh ''be not among winebibers n riotous eaters of flesh''. Romans 14 ves 21 seh ''it is not good neither to eat flesh, nor drink wine or anything whereby thy brothe stumbleth''. If de I is an italist already then don't b led astray into de eating of flesh. Ital is vital, ital is power. Blessed love.

Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 6/24/2012 5:06:02 PM

Blessings! Interesting yes I always heard and believe Ital is much respected and not practice by lot of Jah Idren some are vegetarians others eat meat, InI always asked why do they eat flesh when is Rasta I guess everyone thinks differently and chooses to life the way of life as believe to live it I for not judge and leave it to Jah !

Messenger: DURU Sent: 6/25/2012 9:27:41 AM

Blessed to all

Greetings rastafriyess,
yes I ,ital is d most natural food for man but ital is not just vegan neither raw food, ital is if d I plant itself and eat from dat plant, though this might be difficult while livin in d west,
if d I is interested bout raw food for instance with much details, check out d book "life in the twenty first century" from viktoras kulvinskas , this has d most info bout raw food in a book , dat I had red , give thanks for life

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/25/2012 8:49:29 PM

What ever I eats must be eaten with faith..... The samething food have positive benefit if eaten with faith but if eaten with doubt can make one sick... Eat with Thanks and Praises...Eat so I feel so good i cant help but shout and sing with Joy THANKS AND PRAISES!!!! Jah want I to feel irie in these bodies vibrating high frequency of vitality life. Every cell, every atom should be singing like a huge choir.. Ital is Vital

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/25/2012 9:03:10 PM

eat from Jahs Table

Read Daniel..how he was blessed for keeping Ital

proverbs 23
1 When thou sittest to eat with a ruler,

consider diligently what is before thee:
2 and put a knife to thy throat,

if thou be a man given to appetite.
3 Be not desirous of his dainties:

for they are deceitful meat.
4 Labor not to be rich;

cease from thine own wisdom.
5 Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not?

For riches certainly make themselves wings;
they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.
6 Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye,

neither desire thou his dainty meats:
7 for as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

Eat and drink, saith he to thee;
but his heart is not with thee.
8 The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up,

and lose thy sweet words.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/26/2012 12:35:29 AM

Ital is Vital.

Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 6/26/2012 1:37:06 PM

Blessings & Greetings ! I do not doubt Ital is Vital I just had question about that statement saying "those who eat vegetables is for whose faith weak" I thought it was interesting since great prophet bob marley was Ital and so many other brethrens and sisthrens and I highly question that Marley faith was weak!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/27/2012 12:59:39 AM

HailI. Sista just forget about dat stament. Dat stament is wrong. De bible is not perfect so de I should know dat der' are some mistakes, myths n fiction in it. One thing de I should know is dat de bible was writen by people like I n I. These people were writing their ideas about righteousness n what dem think is Jah word. Some of de mistakes dem made was dat dem were biased in dem stories. Also dem mixed de facts with fiction n myths. So sista don't just believ anything in de bible without questioning. Elders did seh dat I n I need to question de bible. Remember dat de word of Jah is in your heart. Ital livity is strong faith not weak. Ital is vital. ital is power. One heart.

Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 6/27/2012 4:01:13 PM

Bless up brethren ! InI believe Ital Livity is powerful ! and also InI think questioning in bible is important in order to find di truth and faith in our way to righteous way Jah bless Rasta Livity.

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I