Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4731&start_row=21

Locs and Rasta Sisthrens

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/1/2012 9:37:51 PM

I saw a black man with lock on head and beard in front on McDonalds in denver on 16th street mall eating a McDonalds icecream...That is not natural!!!!

Rasta is a thing of the heart, not of the world....look within for RAsta, not in the world of appearances...may, illusion, babylon....

Iv seen bald headed whites with more love and Respect for jah and naturalness than some locked black men.... Looks is deceiving...Reality is not as it appears...

Only A Rasta heart can be a Rasta and who can see The hearts of man and woman and children? Who can see through and see a true rasta.

many lamps with dreadlocks but there is no light in the lamp..

Many Illuminated Lights but the lamps arnt dreadlocked, black or decorated in red, gold or green. the the light shines through , shines on all....One Love

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/3/2012 7:11:17 AM

Yes I brother. Not every dread is a rasta n not every rasta is a dread. But dat doesn't mean rasta should discourage de growing of locks. So rasta people should just encourage de growing of locks n fogert non rasta people. As a rasta u haffe proud of your natural hair growing freely on your head instead of baldness. Blessed love.

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/3/2012 5:41:24 PM

Question: Did Emperor Selassie ever wear dreads?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/3/2012 9:48:42 PM

Selassie I had Locks as a child.

It is not important though whether Selassie I wore dreadlocks. I and I are RasTafarI, and I and I dreadlocks serve an Iritual purpose.

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/5/2012 1:03:02 PM

RastafariYess, I cannot put into words the joy I am feeling on this journey of discovering who I really am and what my purpose on this planet is. I just finished reading from a thread which asked the question: Did Emperor Selassie believe in Christ? I found an interview that H.I.M. gave explaining his position. I could not help but draw parallels with H.I.M. and Jesus Christ. I felt an unusual comfort come over me as I read about this Great Master of Peace. Then I remembered something my granny said to me a long time ago: Jesus is known by many names... And something clicked into place for me. Something is unfolding in my heart and soul and I have this excitement building up. It feels as if I have placed the key in the lock and now the lock is turning and the door is about to be opened. It is a beautiful and wonderful feeling. Praise be to the Most High!

Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 7/5/2012 7:28:01 PM

Chica I'm glad you feel more convince in your heart with the faith and discoveries you've made , and no Haile Selassie was not Rastafari he was a orthodox Christian And that's where several of us question and have different opinions upon H.I.M been Jesus Christ because he had said he was not Jesus nor a messiah or anything close to god he respected many Rastafarians beliefs , some still think he was messiah and he as a humble man Ofcourse was not going to admit it while others respect him but do not see him as god just a leader. Blessings ! Chica and keep on the search

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/5/2012 7:57:52 PM

chica,

RasTafarI never said He was not God.

------------------------------------------
Greetings,

Selassie I is One with Jah, Selassie I is Jah.

A lot of people use the interview answer below to say that Selassie is not Jah. But it is just misinterpretation of his words.

Bill Mc Neil: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Selassie I: "I had heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that 'I am a Man,' that 'I am mortal,'(I have heard that an Ethiopian that listened to this interview said that Selassie I never said mortal) and that 'I would be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity.'"

When I look at RasTafarI's answer, this is how I Iverstand it. He showed the people that he is a Man, and will be replaced by the oncoming generation. Selassie I was born of mother and father, just like I and I, so he didn't flow out(emanate) of God, any more than I and I. Both I and I and Selassie I come from the lineage of Adam and Eve.

Notice that he said that the humans we see have not emanated from God, but he never said that a human cannot be God. I and I can be God, but only by being One with Jah. I and I can't be God separate from Jah, as two gods. But I and I can only join with Jah, to be One with HIM, as One God.

Selassie lives by the example of Christ, so he became One with Jah by his destiny and livity. And all of I and I can also be One with Jah, by I and I livity. Selassie I said that "we should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity". This statement shows I that no man, not even the Son of Man Christ, emanated (or flowed out) from God. Christ was born of his mother Mary, and by his destiny and livity became One with Jah.

Jah first sent Christ born from a virgin, to show I and I the way to live. But afterwards, people made the excuse that they can't live without sin, or be One with Jah. They made the excuse that because Christ was born differently, that it was possible for him to live this way, but not for us, because we are born from mother and father.

So Jah sent RasTafarI to I and I, to show I and I the way to live. Haile Selassie I was born of mother and father, just like I and I, so we no longer have the excuse that we can't live without sin and be One with Jah. If Selassie I can be born like I and I, and still live without sin and be One with Jah, then I and I can do the same.

So I and I should know that it is not about I and I coming out of God to be One with Jah. But it is about I and I going to God to be One with Jah. And I and I go to God by living in His way and listening to His instruction and joining ourselves with the Most High.

Jah RasTafarI is One with Jah, and like I already said about One. One is One in completeness, no separation, and no parts. And I and I are supposed to be One with Jah also, this is the way to reach Zion, because no sin shall not enter in.
------------------------------------------

Selassie I is a Man that is One with Jah

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/6/2012 10:41:00 AM

Brother Eleazar, if I am understanding correctly, it seems you are suggesting we all have the potential to be one with God, yes?

In the Gospel according to John Chapter 14, Verse 26,when Christ talks about going away and tells His disciples He would send them a Comforter (The Holy Spirit) is it that Spirit which makes us one with God?

Was H.I.M. being purposely ambiguous by not confirming Himself to be Jah?

In the Gospel according to Matthew, Chapter 16, Verses 13-16, Christ asks His disciples the question: Who do people say I am? Then he goes a step further and asks something like, "Who do you believe I am?" And Peter answers: You are the Christ. So Jesus also did not go around proclaiming Himself to be Messiah. But He was always about His father's work, just like H.I.M. Hmm...

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/6/2012 10:43:01 AM

Thank you, Brother RastafariYess. Of course, now I'm confused again... but I will continue researching.

Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 7/7/2012 2:53:51 AM

Welcome Chica but I'm a girl anyways Jah bless I n I ( you) and yeah keep on searching that's what Rastafari is all about

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I