Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4731&start_row=11

Locs and Rasta Sisthrens

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: chica Sent: 6/27/2012 6:30:38 PM

I am not a rasta but in search of a simpler life. I feel in many respects, the rasta life is attractive because it reduces everything to its simplest form thus allowing time to simply reflect on God's grace in my life and allow my light to shine so that someone might see my good deeds which will glorify my Father in Heaven. The simplest way for me to wear my hair is in locks. That's why I decided to invest the time to grow locks and forget about the comb. Not to disrespect any rasta person, but just to live ilfe as simply as possible. My hair naturally embraces locs system. I don't wear an extra covering on my head, not as an offense to anyone but I feel my hair is the natural covering for my head.

I know I probably sound real confused, yes? That's why I'm on this search... to relieve myself of some confusion. Any helpful instruction is appreciated.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/28/2012 12:59:22 AM

Why do you say that you ain't a Rasta?

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/28/2012 1:13:11 AM

I guess it is because you hate King Selassie-I......that you ain't a Rasta!

But in the same way you realize that dreadlocks are your natural hair style,
you should also realize that King Selassie-I is your natural God and King, seen?

Because you have only found one side of the coin(dreadlocks)......
...the other side of the same coin is King Selassie-I.
So why do you refuse the other side of a coin you like? Simply accept both!

Bless..

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 6/28/2012 5:41:49 AM

In my opinion you spoke to hastily Ras Kanjas , you can not judge someone like that without even getting to know them, how do you know that this person hates Selassie I ?

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/28/2012 8:08:03 AM

I didn't say I know,
but I said I guess!

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 6/28/2012 8:15:51 AM

even so to make a guess like that was rational in my eyes,
just saying

Messenger: chica Sent: 6/28/2012 4:29:41 PM

I say I am not a rasta because no one has trained me in rasta lifestyle. I just know I have always preferred simplicity all my life. My friends often laugh at me because I like to keep things so simple. I have only the smallest of possessions becuse I just don't want to be involved with keeping up with them. I give away most of what I have because it makes me happy. I just want to be.
Since I have not been raised a rasta and have very little contact with rasta men and women, that is why I say I am not a rasta. I do not want to pass myself off as being something I am not and then be called a counterfeit. I would rather state the truth as simply as I can.

Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 6/28/2012 5:33:24 PM

Chica, I think I clearly understand what you're saying I did not grow up in a rasta household nor had friends of the faith, I friends also laugh and critize my way of lifestyle, nor do I have much contact with rastas they still laugh and think I is crazy or something,as you can see that was one of the reasons I asked about getting dreadlocks I was not sure of been a rasta at first but I felt connection to Africa my deep and unknown love for the land, simplicity and abundant love when I fist read and understood the wat of life of Rastafari I knew right away that was me! All along I had finally found what explained my eternal love for Africa that feeling that I couldn't explain and accepted Kings of all Kings as Haile Selassie I and know he's the truth Ratafari for me was a calling when I read about it my heart just felt at place and peace so for me stop consuming flesh was easy with the guidance of Jah wisdom. But is not like that for everyone before saying you're rasta as you mention do your search for the truth do not just do it because you have a simple life and your hair our way of life is beyond that and no one should play around with something divine I wish you all blessings and in your way of finding the truth Jah blessings! One Love

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/28/2012 11:44:53 PM

Okay,

So chica, you should have said you are not yet a Rasta,
rather than saying you ain't a Rasta...hahaha!

Anyway, I see!

Messenger: King David Jah Sent: 7/1/2012 9:58:48 AM

locks are good chika they show yo naturalness I IS FACING OPPOSSITION FROM I FAMILY FOR PUTTING THEM.BUT WHAT I N I MUST KNOW IS DAT NOMATTER WHAT DEM PEOPLE SAY I NI NEVER CHANGE WHO INI ARE,JAH CHILDREN....BLESSED LOVE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I