Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4729&start_row=11

African Black Leaders

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 6/22/2012 3:43:54 PM

Peace and love

Bro Blackheart going back to the Israel / Africa reasoning

I site InI Incients as seeing the parallels in the situation that faced Blacks in the west to them that faced Israel in Egypt, in the old testament. As time progressed more and more prophecies revealed themselves to InI elders. As inI read into the new testament, to the time of Christ and beyond, it becomes clear who InI are. Far to many things have happened today and yesterday that have been fortold in the bible for it to be put down to coincidence. When Selassie I says for my part I Glory in the bible, He means it literal for it is clear for all to see RasTafarI glorying in the bible.

I dont overstand how this takes away from African pride or culture as I see no contridiction or seperation between the two, just oneness. Africa is at the root of all teachings and life anyway. Why do we need to choose between RIGHTEOUS teachings based on names , labels and geographical locations? As I see it right is right and wrong is wrong. Truth can be found in all places.

Bredren BlackHeart would the I be willing to share with InI some ancient African teachings ?

Blessed love

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/23/2012 3:56:56 PM

Greetings to all. Bro Mathew I man do overs de I. Concerning rightiousnes u right but der's something de I miss in as far as black pride is concerned. One of de benefits of black pride teachings is to help breack de mental chains of white supremacy on I n I black people. White supremacy was abolished ina Africa but it still exsist even in dis iwa. Mi seh dat caz many black people consider other races to be better than dem in as far as inteligence, religion n beuty is concerned. Many black people here look down pon demselves as a race. To see what I man talk about u go to a place where many black women are together. U'll notice dat almost all of dem have hair dat has been changed to look like that of whites or other races (very few or non with natural hair). Some even use chemicals dat lighten de skin to look less dark. Dis is a big disgrace to I n I black race. To help liberate dis people from mental slavery u haffe remind dem about deir true identity (Africans). How do u help dem when u tel dem are Israelites when dem know very well dat dem are Africans? Are u not makin an ilusion to dem? Dis people are already in fantasy why add fantasy to another instead of removin it? Black pride can be fuly restored through facts not fiction n myths. I'm an Afrin, I am not a dew or Israelite n I'm proud to be black. I don't come from Noah, I don't come from Abraham, but I come from my own black ancestors who'v bn livin ina Africa for thousands if not millions of years. I n I Africans are as close to de creator as any other race. People don't have to associate demselves with de dews or Israel to be closer to Jah. Der's no race dat is favoured by de most high n der's no chosen race. It is time blacks haffe free demselves from dat illusion. I n I are all equal to de creator. Some African rastas even call demselves twelve tribes of Israel, no disrespect to dem but I man see it as mental slavery. Why Israel if African, why not Africa if African. Anyway der are rasta people who have since realised some of de mistakes I man talk about n dem are atleast givin de esential teachings to uplift I n I black race. Raspect to rastas like de poet Mutabaruka n other elders fo givin facts n de right n essential inpiration to uplift I n I black race. Jah loves us all. Jah know. Peace!

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 6/23/2012 4:31:38 PM

Give Thanks for the explanation BlackHeart common sense the I speaks. The only time I sight a proplem with the ones who promote such teachings is when they use such things to beat down the teachings of InI elders and refute the words of I majesty. For instance Mutaburuka say the bible is a fraud, but RastafarI says he Glory in the bible. Mutabaruka say there is no God, But Rastafari say man without god is like ship without rudder, seen? Why does Mutabaruka and others who find truth and teachings in KMT and other places find the need to put the teachings of HIS Majesty down, When they know fine well these teachings have liberated thousands of minds? I agree Africa and KMT have a proud history that the youth need to know about. But why in promoting that do they need too put down other teachings? Why not spend there time spreading the righteous teachings of Africa and KMT. Rather than spending it disproving and burning the bible?

Blessed Love

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/24/2012 1:18:51 AM

Yes I. Brother. One thing about rastafari de I should accept is dat it is realy diverse. As u continue troding de livity u may hear or even see lot of diferences. Some are strict italist, some are not, some wear shoes, some don't, some do use leather some don't use anything from animal even in clothing n drums. Some are even raw italist (no cookin n use of fire even ganja is eaten instead of burning it). Some stay in de jungle livin in a stone age environment with nothing of morden technology to use. Some believ HIM is God some don't. Some believ de bible is a word of God yet some don't. Some are tryin to live acording to everything HIM said, some are not. Some are nazerites, some are not. Some have locks, some don't. Some wear taban all de time, some don't. Some uncover dem locks during ises while some cover dem e.t.c. Nuff differences brother I can't mention all of dem. So its up to man n man to chose what to believ. Even HIM did seh dat spirituality is personal thing. So ones should stop judging one another but should strive to mantain humbleness, peace, love n do good. Der's a lot to lern from one another. For ones to lern from one another dem haffi eliminate any arogancy n ignore de differences. De reggea group Israel vibration sings a song dat seh ''we all gona sing de same song, whether u a Bobo, whether u are a twelve tribes of israel, whether u are binghi natty dread''. Marcus did set de foundation of one aim, one god, one destiny. Blessed love.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/24/2012 2:57:41 AM

As for Mutabaruka, I man see him as warior in as far as Black liberation is concerned. Besides he is a binghi man n has been with de Nyahbinghi house for man years. So some of de things he seh are some old rasta concepts u migt not have learned about because rasta livity is now bein diluted by christianity. On God I heard him seh in an interview dat he does not believ in de concept of God. So he seh dat when I n I are lookin for God we should simply look fo God in our selves not on onother person. I man think what Muta seh is de same teaching by elders which seh Jah lives in man n man. Elders also did teach dat when we think of de creator we musn't think of HIM in Etheopia alone caz God is an international God. Even a bird can fly to your house as God. Concerning his marjesty word. He made it clear dat rasta do raspect Selassie I but don't follow everything dat Selassie I said n did. Thats why many rastas don't go to de Ethopian church like HIM. He made an example of your own biological father u don't follow him in everthing thou u raspect him dats why your faith may be diferent from his faith. Even Joseph Hill of Culture (a rasta) once said in an interview dat rasta livity goes beyond Selassie himself. He said dat HIM came n saw rasta. Rasta livity was around even before anything about Selassie I was known by many rasta. Remember those Garveyites n slave rebels. When de group of first rastas were introduced to HIM dem had to explain some of de rasta principles to HIM. No disrespect to HIM but de point I'm tryin to make is dat many people should stop using HIM word to conflict some rasta teachings dem don't like. Some people just read de bible n his marjesty 's speaches after dat dem think dem know about rasta livity when der's a lot to lern. Its true dat some rastas are getin closer to christianity n are defore dealing away with many rasta principles. As fo de bible not all rasta use it. What Muta seh about it him know what he talk about. Those who use it shouldn't expect all to use it, de same aplies to those who don't. Ones should not judge one another over de bible. Its not about it but its about how u use it. One perfect love.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 6/24/2012 6:21:08 AM

Black Heart, you said:

"Some believ HIM is God some don't"

Rastafari know HIM is God.

One

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/24/2012 7:12:19 AM

Bro Nordman. I don't know what de I is realy implyin but dat statement is true. Don't think dat all rastas faith is de same. Just try to find out about de twelve tribes rastas den u come back n tell I if my statement was wrong. Don't be a religeous bigot brother. Rasta people 's beliefs are not de same. Dat is a fact. Blessed love.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 6/24/2012 9:11:41 AM

Black Heart.

Which statement is true you say?

This you stated earlier: "Some believ HIM is God some don't"

Or this: Rastafari know HIM is God.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/24/2012 9:58:18 AM

I was refering to de stament made by I. It seems like de I is misoverstandin I reasoning. Yes I.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 6/24/2012 11:22:21 AM

This is not about I missoverstanding the I's reasoning. I just wanted to be sure of what the I said. 

Give thanks for the reasoning. 

There may be diffrences within Rastafari people, there may always be, I don't know. 

What I do know though, is that Rastafari is God and that is something that all Rastafari people know so I see the I's statement as false.
No matter what differences, regarding who is God InI agree, that must be so.

I can not answer for them that call themself Rastafari but do not know Haile Selassie I as God. 

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I