Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4721&start_row=41

Reincarnation?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NordMan Sent: 6/8/2012 2:05:49 PM

Regarding where to look:

Dr. Hoffman: "Your Imperial Majesty, what advice would you give a person who is considering the claims of Christ, perhaps for the first time?"

H.I.M.: "I would tell a person who was considering the claim of Christ for the first time that it is necessary to have faith in the Almighty, that it is necessary to have love, and that it is necessary to conduct oneself in a manner that we have been taught to do in the Bible.

I would also advise him to seek the secular knowledge, for the more one knows the more he realises the need for a prime mover, the need for a Creator, a Creator who is good, and the need for salvation and also for peaceful life upon earth.

I would also tell him to learn and to think for himself the ways he would serve the Lord. In this thought and in this undertaking of his he will inevitably find the way of serving his fellow men. For his faith would then be manifested by His conduct. If Christians behave in this way, if we dedicate ourselves to this fundamental task, then we will have a peaceful world and will be assured of not transgressing against the will and the Commandments of God."

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 6/8/2012 3:55:35 PM

RastaD the I said....
Brother matthew, what are your idea about zion
Does I n I enter zion in our physical state or as irits?
------------------
In I Ipinion Heaven or Zion on earth is a return to how it was supposed to be in the begainning. How Jah meant us to live. So to I Zion is a repatriation back to Jah. In which ever form it takes. This could be physically ,mentally, spiritually or all three. The Important thing to I is to restore I natural balance by living as close as possible to the ways In which RasTafarI taught InI to live.

Blessed love
Selassie I Lives and Reigns

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/9/2012 3:37:49 AM

give thanks NordMan,

So according to King Selassie-I, secular knowledge(or Science) should be absorbed if and only if it helps a person to find and know their Creator, seen?

So put a fire upon Science if it teaches against God's Word....
...like when it says that the Earth is billions of years old, nonsense!

Bless..

Messenger: majjah Sent: 6/9/2012 6:18:09 AM

Greeting Ras Kanjas

There is no need of any secular knowledge, no thyself and you will no the creator. But you are above both the creator and the creation, since they both reside in you. No this to be the absolute, since they cannot exist without you. No consciousness, no body/mind, no body/mind no world.
The universe is but one side of a coin, god is the other, but I am beyond both.
When consciousness comes into play, so does the world. When you see the beauty of the world in all its wisdom and glory, you call it god, no the source of it all, it resides in you. You know yourself to be, so become more aware; awareness is beyond all conceptual ideas of perception. In this light no that without you the witness there would be no god, it is simply ignorance to love and worship a god since faith in god is only a passing phase. Ultimately you eventual drop all such concepts. You are the peak god is the valley, god is universal light and love, so you may call consciousness and life god but you are beyond both. But ultimately you have to get rid of all ideas about yourself since no definitions are valid. Your idea of religion are just words strung together in a cohesive manner, Christianity is one way of putting words together Hinduism is another – Rastafarianism is yet another. Bin the verbiage and you will be left with the real. Your imagination is responsible for the unreal, which is relentless perpetuated desire.
Organized recorded religion are jus show pieces, action speaks louder than word, watch a man to know what he believe, but until you rid yourselves of self identification of the body/mind all your gods and religions prove useless.

Bless

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/9/2012 11:08:49 AM

Ras Kanjas, what do u mean when u say science teaches against God 's word when it say de earth is billions of years old? Which God's word are u talkin about? Did God tel u how old de earth is?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/9/2012 11:39:53 AM

majjah,

The fact that you speak of "Rastafarianism" shows that you don't Iverstand Rasta.

Rasta is not an "ism". Rasta is a way of Life, the Iriginal Iritual Livity in connection with the Most High God Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/9/2012 11:41:40 AM

Ras Kanjas,

I am curious as to why you think the Earth is not billions of years old. Please explain why the concept of deep geological time is against God's Word.

And what do you mean by God's Word? Do you mean the King James Bible? Did you know that the slavemasters used that same Bible to justify slavery?

Messenger: majjah Sent: 6/9/2012 12:21:19 PM

Greetings Eleazar,

There is nothing to understand, Rasta is a simple concept just like any other and there is no difference in any of the scripture since they all share one fundamental fact. They are all perceptions of the perceiver. They are not worth they paper they are written on. But you will never come to this realization unless you step out of them, create some distance – realize that you are the witness and nothing else. Suppose I showed you a picture by pushing it up to your nose, the first thing you are going to do is create some distance between the picture and your nose increasing your line of vision, otherwise you will not be in any position to comment. Stand back. Take your head out of the scriptures and the isms of Rasta so you can get a better understanding of your point of awareness in time and space. There is no Irituals as you so put it, it all happens spontaneously without you the doer, the original state is of the absolute, it has nothing to do with any isms. Including Rastafarianism.

Bless.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/9/2012 1:01:06 PM

majjah,

There is no "Rastafarianism". Seen? No ISM

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/9/2012 2:07:39 PM

Eleazar and Black heart, listen;

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Tell me if Science teaches the same, or if it contradicts with God's Word with regard to the origin of planet Earth!

The first four major events are;
Creation, fall of man, Noah's flood, and the nations.......
...and it took about 2 000 years from Creation to the nations, just before Abraham was called, seen?

Then from Abraham to Jesus Christ;
According to Matthew(or God's Word), all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations, from David until the captivity in Babylon are fourteen generations, and from the captivity in Babylon until Christ are fourteen generations.

That means from Creation to Christ there are about 4 000 years....
...and we all know that from Christ to you and me today there are about 2 000 years.

So I reasonably conclude that the earth is about 6 000 years old,
Far much younger than your billion-old one, seen?

Bless..

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I