Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4720&start_row=1

Seeking advice: i met a rastaman

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: clean soul Sent: 6/5/2012 12:47:15 AM

I am a young woman who has recently met a rastaman. He works diligently in a community garden near by. In my enlightenment and empowerment, i have been spending time at this garden. I am not rasta, but i spent an entire unexpectedly organic day with him. He is a non stop sharer of knowledge, and i believe he sees the potential in me to become great. I have many questions and much information...

He is an older man, from Jamaica, carves and paints and loves. Lives a simple life, has a few children with two women. Is it normal for rasta men to attract young flowers? I am half white and half native, well on my course of self discovery. He is offering guidance and knowledge. I am hesitant to accept love from him, and to spend time with him. What more should i know about the rastafari lifestyle before opening myself up to him? Would it be beneficial for me to adopt a new outlook on things? May i see the truth?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/5/2012 10:06:40 AM

Follow your heart, and ask him about how he lives and what he expects, then you can decide if you can accept that.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/5/2012 10:51:07 AM

clean soul,

My advice to you;
Ask him why he separated from his previous relationships.......
...and if he still have plans to have more children!

You know, it's impossible for a Lion to separate from his Lioness..........
...so i think he ain't a Lion, but a wolf!

So why would you open up your beautiful self to wolves?

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 6/6/2012 4:49:04 PM

Ras kangas, don't be to quick labeling the man a wolf. It is as you say only what you think.

Secondly, even a Lion makes mistakes, as do Lionesses. To humble for the fact that ones wife or husband is not the right is not always easy but can be nessecery to move on and meet the one.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/6/2012 11:45:17 PM

NordMan,

just take look at Selassie-I and Menen-I;
what could break them apart? tell me!
mistakes????????????????

and to make matters worse this so called rastaman has done so severals times, and i guess this is the third time he will separate from his wife, seen?

it's my meditation!

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 6/7/2012 1:38:23 AM

One
That which is joined as One with the Most High no man can break apart.

That which is joined by will of man can be broken. 

Empress Menen and Haile Selassie I of course are joined as One, everything else is just another filthy thougt deriving from men with filthy mind.

History tells us that Empress Menen was married twice before the marriage as One with Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/7/2012 9:52:45 AM

mmm...........am not sure there,
but i think that you are lying until i verify for myself..

so if she was twice married before, where are her children from those previous relationships?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/7/2012 1:48:44 PM

Ras Kanjas, why do you need to jump to the "lying" conclusion so fast. Couldn't you say that I think you are mistaken, or I think you are wrong, instead of saying I think you are lying. Just because people say something that is not true, doesn't mean they are lying. Somebody may have lied to them about it, or they might have misinterpreted something, or there might be some other reason they are wrong that is different then them lying.

I previously did some looking around regarding this, and this is what I found.

----------------
According to both published and unpublished reports, the then Woizero Menen Asfaw was given in marriage by her family, to the prominent Wollo nobleman, Dejazmach Ali of Cherecha, and bore him a daughter, Woizero Belaynesh Ali, and a son, Jantirar Asfaw Ali. This first marriage ended in divorce, and Woizero Menen then married Dejazmach Amede Ali Aba-Deyas, another very prominent nobleman of Wollo. She bore her second husband two children as well, a daughter Woizero Desta Amede, and a son Jantirar Gebregziabiher Amede.". Following the sudden death of her second husband, Woizero Menen's grandfather, Negus Mikael arranged her marriage to Ras Leul Seged Atnaf Seged, a prominent Shewan nobleman, who was considerably older than Woizero Menen, sometime in late 1909 or early 1910.
Woizero Menen probably met Dejazmach Tafari Makonnen (later Emperor Haile Selassie) at the home of her uncle, Lij Iyasu. The rapport between the two may have inspired Lij Iyasu to attempt to bind Dejazmach Tafari to him more firmly through marriage ties. He therefore arranged the separation of Woizero Menen from Ras Leul Seged, and sent her to Harar to marry Dejazmatch Tafari Makonnen. They were married in early August of 1911. Ras Leul Seged apparently did not hold a grudge against Dejazmatch Tafari for this circumstance, blaming it entirely on Lij Iyasu who had ordered it. He was among the leaders who fought on the side of Dejazmach Tafari Makonnen in the Battle of Segale, and died in that battle.
----------------

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/7/2012 2:22:34 PM

wow!
so in all, Menen-I bore ten children, right?

i didn't know this, very interesting and mind-stimulating!

so this so called rastaman might not be a wolf!

Messenger: Pure Faith Sent: 7/10/2012 3:42:11 AM

Gentle blessings Clean Soul

I read your entry and I as a sister on a spiritual Rasta journey suggest, it may be benefical to reserve or set aside a physical relationship. It sounds like you are on a blessed journey and maybe now is no the time to take on the responsibility of that magnitude yet, and what I mean is trying to figure out the ins and out of it and if its right. This may just be your set aside time. You and JAH and he may just be a brother sharing some blessed kindness and gentleness with you.

Honestly, a righteous Rastaman is one of the most gentle sweetest souls I have ever seen but it does not mean he is your husband, your portion. Your confusion says something to that. Believe me JAH will make it clear and plain.

I suggest you love that brother up as your brother. If its meant; learn from his love, kindness, and knowlege.

Preserve your clean soul and your flower for JAHs clear choice and believe me my sister you will not be confused.

Love you my sister
Peace and Guidance

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I