Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=472&start_row=1

Speak the truth.........

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/3/2004 6:28:42 PM

HIM said in an interview that his advice to the young people would be to follow the ten commandments.
I say that it is impossible not to follow them, for example:
Do not steal - obviously the only way to own something is when Jah give it to you. If you take something away from someone it is not stealing, it is Jah giving it to you so that now you own it but the other person does not own it anymore. People can say something is stealing, but they are confused. There is a story I heard that a man "caught" a rastaman picking peppers in his yard and he shout out "what are you doing", and the rastaman say "I am picking peppers".
Do not commit adultery - This makes no sense. Marriage is an agreement between two people to be together. When people agree to be together then they are together, that is what is meant by agreement. If they are not together then obviously they do not agree to be together and they are not married.
Have no other Gods before Jah - Jah is your God, he is your only God and he is the only God. There is no way to have anything else before him. You can imagine it is so, but it won't be really so. Note, I am not saying that Jah should be your God, I am saying that he IS your God. He is our God because of our nature, we are his children. Not should be, ARE.
Do not covet: What we have is what we need, and what we need is all that we want. There is no "covet". It doesn't make sense.
And it goes on like this.
I say that a rastaman cannot break any of these commandments, because we make our own law.
How can I do wrong, when Jah is my creator? It makes no sense. All I can do wrong is see wrong. And that is a mistake that we need to clear up. That is the babylon that we need to burn out. And we do it by speaking true words.
Any breaking of the law is an accusation against INI, and it is false. INI cannot break the law. INI nature is to uphold the law. I am not saying we should uphold it, I am saying that we DO uphold it, by nature. Practically, uphold the ten commandments simply means know that Jah is the only creator, know that INI am Jahman - power of the trinity.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/3/2004 6:51:17 PM

I want to make more comments about the story about the rastaman picking peppers to full up more what I am getting at:
I said that the rastaman was picking peppers in the man's yard. If I take that to mean that the man owned the yard it is false, because no man owns a yard as far as I know. In fact when the rastaman pick peppers without the man's consent it is proof that the man did not fully own the yard.
Obviously what I meant by that word is that the man lived in that yard, and according to the traditions of the country it was his own. I hope the I's can see what I am getting at....... It is hard to explain, but with Jah guidance one's can see what I am getting at even if the words are not complete.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 11/3/2004 9:32:39 PM

Greetings to the InI and praises to his majesty emperor haile selassie I. im new to this forum and would like to make that mention. my name is Bergy

Gideon are you saying that jah owns all land and therefore it would not be stealin if the I takes someting from another? just trying to follow the thought.

may jah shine into all of jah children lives itinually

Bergy

JAH LIVES CHILDREN

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/4/2004 4:37:46 PM

That is what I am saying. People always talk about things getting stolen, but I see it is not so. Who is them to say that one person is the rightful owner. I say that whoever Jah give something to, them is the rightful owner until Jah take it away from them. Otherwise it would mean that Jah steal it from the rightful owner - don't make sense.
So much things people claim to own when they don't. In fact I don't really believe in this thing called ownership. Ownership is babylon, because it is trying to say that people can control Jah. Or if you want to talk about ownership the only proper way is to say that whatever Jah provide for someone to use is that person own as long as they are using it.
True words describe reality, and false words describe a dream that somebody is trying to see in the place of reality. Whatever Jah create is reality, and that is His justice, so it is right. Stealing is taking something wrongfully, so it is impossible.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/4/2004 5:18:06 PM

Babylon is not a reality, it is a dream. Words of truth is holy spirit and fire - just like Jesus said to his disciples. The illusion fades away when you see the reality more and more. This is the foundation of the Nyah Binghi search - upon this rock - the rock is the faith that Jah is the only creator, and that he is just and his creation is just.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 11/5/2004 7:41:14 AM

1 Peter 2
1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, all evil speakings,
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 11/5/2004 9:36:22 AM

Every man has a free will and I believe that stealin is possible. Jah can take away things by our physical demise or by natural things like disasters etc. Jah I believe does not make a person or allow a person to take away from another without the other's consent. Jah give us life to live and give us all the I need to live. Babylon was created by the people that forgot about the truth and found new things like material things through their curiosity and desire to learn about science and others.......the church was created to rule people for the church said back a long time ago that we cannot deal with the free will and free choices.......so they took people's choices and gave them their system of church.........
just some of the I's thoughts
the i does not believe in takin away from another no matter if them babylon or righteous

Praises to Jah

Bergy

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/5/2004 12:02:56 PM

If you believe that stealing is possible then you doubt that Jah is the creator, or you doubt that he is just. When you know that Jah is the creator and he is just you will see that stealing is impossible.
You said that no man can take something from another against that person's will. So then how can you call it stealing? Doesn't stealing mean taking something by force? So then if it is given freely that is a gift and not stealing. Who can deny the truth of this teaching?

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 11/5/2004 3:32:37 PM

so if a person stops at the Is house they can take the car I drive or the meal i eat and take it for themselve? even if I tell the person that it is my meal? they can take it without my consent?

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 11/5/2004 3:35:54 PM

people do have a free will with free choices.....right or wrong

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I