Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4717&start_row=21

you are not what you perceive yourself to be

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/7/2012 7:14:55 PM

Yes Rasta is beyond all isms and skisms. Pure consciousness, beyond religion...Consciousness is Rasta..I and I Consciousness, Jah working through man, Jahs Words coming out of The Prophets Mouth. Its what guides religion.

Rasta is and all ways will be . All else is transient, passing like the grass of the field.

Jah is The Same Yesterday Today and ForIver More.

Love is Forever, Its Love that Bob is remembered for, Love of the people and love of Jah.

All the greatest people from christ to , Moses, to martin Luther King, to Garvey, To King Selassie are remembered for nothing but their love.
Their of of Jah, Devotion and loyalty to The Lord and His People. Jah Rastafari

And its Love That is I and I Rock, for Jah is Love and A rock that always supports and sustains life. This love never stops shining, this love is true and true is always true. This love makes Rasta Green in all seasons , loving always, green always like a evergreen tree.

How can I and I Rasta be grounded on anything else besides Eternity and Infinity, The Unchanging? As The rock can not be something of time and space that can be destructed or rust or pass with time as all things do besides Jah.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/7/2012 7:21:51 PM

Only in that Holy Place beyond time and space, in communinion with jah can I and I receive the wisdom from jah to change the things in time and space, and creat our lives in Jahs will. We are the co-creators of our lives and enviroment, either in co-operation with Jah or not(the advesary)

So build up Zion, Jahs Will. Within and With out.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/7/2012 7:48:53 PM

Jah Rastafri is The One. Jah never dies, Jah is Life. Jah is The rock. there is a soul in all of us and that part of us never dies, never changes. That is Rasta.

We are One Jah is One.

With in us all and all around the earth and Ivinerse is Jah consciousness.

Does the one that made eyes not see, does the one that shaped the ear not hear??

Jah is Life , Peace and Love, Joy and truth. never dying life. And inside all souls is a place Life, Peace, Joy and truth, and that never dies, that is Rasta

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/7/2012 9:26:43 PM

-----------------------------
Jah Rastafri is The One. Jah never dies, Jah is Life. Jah is The rock. there is a soul in all of us and that part of us never dies, never changes. That is Rasta.

Yes I

Messenger: DURU Sent: 6/8/2012 3:53:40 AM

Blessed to all

Greetings majjah,yes I ,yes including d I AM ,just like using another thorn to take off d other thorn in a finger, use concept to destroy concepts, gaining knowledge from RASTAFARI? Majjah please read I point not just d words,I dnt gain any knowledge but rather see false as false meaning ALL concepts,but since all this happenings is an event happening spontaneously without any doer and such including InI reasoning,I AM simply remains as witness of it,seems this forum is based on RASTAFARI,I use rasta terms simply for overstanding ,if I talk to a christian I use a christian term,depends who I reason with ,its not bout d words but its meaning.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: majjah Sent: 6/8/2012 10:33:04 PM

Greeting Duru

The witness, “I AM’ (note that these two are not separable, they are one) dissolves, what is there left? Upon dispersion of the witness (I AM) all else dissolves. By the same token upon the arising of the ‘I AM’ the manifestation takes place. The whole becomes out of these two aspects.The ‘I AM” is just like an announcement, it is not real.
Once the mind-body and the sense of being ‘I AM’ disperse what remains is the absolute, unconditional, no attribute and no identity.
You have said in previous post that Jah and I is one and that the devil is an illusion, now either you are in full support of the concept of Rasta as the god above all, or you yourself misunderstand the I am principle. Jah and the devil are two side of the same coin; they are both illusions. But on the other hand, if you are saying that YOU are god and god is you, then in that sense KING Sellassi is a god, Ark1 is a god, Eleazer is a god, I amness is godliness. But in the absolute sense, I am is untainted, clean, unspoilt, uncorrupted it is without any stigma, from my perspective god exist because I am, god exists in me, god is created in the knowledge I am. Nothing and nobody existed before so why do you give so much credence to Rasta as if he was there before you and will remain when you have gone. Prior to body and the knowledge I Am there was nothing.
It is only the knowledge I AM one should be concern with; no outside knowledge is needed.
The paths and movements are illusory; they cannot bring your awareness into reality. They cocoon and snare you within the realms of knowledge whilst the reality pre-cedes. So it is tantamount that you stay with the I AM principle the absolute, otherwise you find yourself shackled by your own mind and/or that of others. And since there is only one true religion that is being, the I AM principle, when you become enmeshed within your own dictates of your concepts you become irreligious. So if you want to worship, worship the IAM principle be devoted to the IAMness. If you are using Rasta as a means of awakening, by that I mean you have faith in Selassie as a guru that has left his body then that can be accepted too, but it is not the absolute. He his no higher than the guru in the knowledge I am.
The I am principle is the primary concept which underpins all, but it is also non-eternal. The one, the absolute is eternal, so why should you worry about anybody else? You are the total universal manifested consciousness; there is nobody who can have the knowledge of the truth, the eternal. There is no need to be involved with anything bar the consciousness of I am. As long as you identify with the body/mind and Rasta is a concept of the body/mind you are conditioned. You have to get rid of all conception since they are of no purpose once you realize the I AM principle.

Bless.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 6/9/2012 6:55:30 AM

Blessed to all

Greetings majjah,give thanks for d reasoning, yes d I AM as witness(unmanifest)is d only reality,I AM as d root of illussion (manifest) or d feeling of presence prior to personal identity, or d mind itself and its contents is d world including d individual, I used d term JAH for d witness though its beyond word simply for d mind to grasp since d mind functions dualistic,just like using d term witness by u,d father by jesus,parabrahman by nisargadatta,allah by muhammed etc..... It all points out to d self(witness)though in terms of concept hence the whole self search or functionings of mind are all conceptual too,in reality nothing really happens.

Why do I speak in rasta terms? is for a better overstanding and in fact not to embrace a concept but rather destroy it by means of investigation or to prepare d mind to give up its search and realize that d mind itself is being witnessed ,if this is overstood by d mind it will cease its self identity and absorbed with d heart then this doing mind will be a witnessing only ,cause in fact all this happenings is occurring spontaneously there is no any doer behind it just like a ripples in d ocean.
By using certain concepts it can bring to better overstanding rather by simply saying I AM(unmanifest) d only reality and all is illusion can be very confusing for d majority cause this direct approach is only overstood by a matured mind meaning ready to give up or sacrifice its ego or self identity,and mostly are still enslaved by d mind unaware of d presence of d witness ,this term in rasta I use mental slavery not just d common meaning of it as brainwashed by babylon through propaganda or in a psychological sense, but in self identity as an individual or as a product of d mind ,yes majjah including rasta and d witness too since it is termed in thought or words its objectified only way to realize it is simply by "being".
But for d mind to calm down a path is needed if d mind is loaded with concepts this doesn't have to be religious or cultural, its aim is to get d mind concentrated In 1 concept or object and common concept is used by term god ,I AM(manifest,presence)or JAH , if d mind is then effortless absorbed to this then this mind will simply lose its self identity by overstanding that awareness is not in mind but beyond mind,hence its not dat I think or do something but aware of d thinking mind and d doing body this functioning is happening on awareness , aware of d waking state,dream state and deep sleep state(spaceless and timeless,no I AM(manifest or presence).
Obviously all events including I AM(manifest,primary illussion) are simply illussion or just an appearance of d I AM(unmanifest,beyond words)and all events are happening spontaneously including InI reasoning ,though illusory its through illusions or concepts that liberation or truth or self is found or unity with JAH, this whole process of searching,enlightenment or liberation are illusions too, that's y in reality nothing really happens , truth can never be found cause its never lost.
Just like u said 'for whatever you perceive to be, there must be a perceiver that perceive it. The very fact that you have percieved should be clue enough. you simply are, ' illusion simply points out d presence of awareness,
If d false is seen as false ,d perciever and percieved is no longer valid too its just percieveing , no knower or known but simply knowing, again it is for d so called many has been called but few are chosen to overstand this direct approach to overstand, many must fullfill its desire to exhaust it till d mind gets matured and be ready for this direct approach, from this desire the path is involved d path itself is desire to be free and its ultimate goal is to free itself from desire for hence there is no self that desires.
My approach of rasta terms is based on my intelligence and experience while this is rasta forum it is for better reasoning to use it in these terms for better communication, how can I communicate with a french guy if I would speak english to him?that's y I told u not simply to grasp d words I type but its meaning, I dnt simply depend on this concept cause if I reason with a christian I use christian term or scientific terms to an atheist for instance.
And d only approach is not to know d truth cause d knower(truth) cannot be known but to know d false as false,just like using another poison as medicine to cure d poison in d body.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: majjah Sent: 6/9/2012 11:44:00 AM

Greetings Duru,

Myself I see it as less technical.
If the realization of the reality is caught and understood, then what is the need of concepts? It’s like wen u ride a bike for the first time, u put on stabilizers until u can catch hold of the balancing point. Thereafter, what is the point of stabilizers? They will be burdensome a hindrance. If all ideation and philosophical ramblings disappeared the world would be in a much better position. They simply create division where there is none.
But I suppose if a man needs a concept to help him grasp the reality of what is, that will be his prerogative. But for me I view the world as impersonal, there is no concept for me to cling onto, all concepts and identities are personal and in the realm of the unreal.

Bless

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 6/9/2012 12:21:12 PM

Majjah:

It is your kind of dividing, philosophical, anti-God ramblings InI don't need for unity. Rastafari keep InI, your work is just not of any need.

Your new-age whatever ramblings contain plenty of answers and knowlege. The lack of overstanding is, as pointed out obvious.

Your desire to provoke is also obvious. I feel this is not your first attempt to rock Rastafari, and I am quite sure someone have told you that Rastafari is not to be labelled as an -ism. Therefor you try to use that in your dividing-strategy.

Because of the same stategy I think you deliberatly spelled there names wrong in the same post as the ism-thing.

People as u have past through before and will most likely do again.

You can say I'm wrong how much you like.

You are not here to reason and I and I know it.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/9/2012 1:06:56 PM

Yes I Nordman,

majjah does not Iverstand RastafarI at all and just keeps babbling out his nihilistic worldviews over and over again.

Here's the definition of nihilism for those who don't know:

Etymology

From German Nihilismus, itself from Latin nihil (“nil, nothing”) + German -ismus '-ism', coined in 1817 by German philosopher Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi, but repeatedly 'reinvented'.

nihilism (uncountable)

1) (philosophy) Extreme skepticism, maintaining that nothing has a real existence.
2) (ethics) The rejection of all moral principles.
3) (politics) (capitalized by protagonist Turgenev) A Russian anarchistic revolutionary doctrine (1860-1917) holding that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake, independent of any constructive program or possibility.
4)The belief that all endeavors are ultimately futile and devoid of meaning.

"...the band members sweat hard enough to earn their pretensions, and maybe even their nihilism" (rock critic Dave Marsh, reviewing the band XTC's album Go)

5) Contradiction (not always deliberate) between behavior and espoused principle, to such a degree that all possible espoused principle is voided.
6) The deliberate refusal of belief, to the point that belief itself is rejected as untenable.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I