Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4717&start_row=11

you are not what you perceive yourself to be

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: DURU Sent: 6/5/2012 9:23:08 AM

Blessed to all

Greetings ark I and Eleazar,perhaps its sounds philosophical but if this principle is overstood d reality of d surroundings, is in fact imagination no difference with dream.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/5/2012 10:03:51 AM

You say that what I call reality is no different than a dream. That is completely untrue, there are multiple differences.

When I go to sleep at night, I always wake up to the same reality and consistency the next morning, but when I dream, I can be in completely different places in the same night or night after night and can have a variety of strange experiences, some of which would never happen in reality. Reality is always a continuation of what has already been experienced in reality, things progress in an observable way, and the continuation can be seen over centuries. If I and a person I know are in the same place today, then when I wake up tomorrow, I can speak to them and they will recall the same event or conversation that we both experienced the day before. But if I see somebody I know in a dream, then except for rare occasions, they would not have had the same dream and would not be able to recall what I experienced in the dream, even though their image was in my dream. Also, if I cut myself today, I will wake up tomorrow with the same cut, but that is not normally the case in a dream. It may be possible to be injured in one dream and that injury showing up in another dream, but that is not common.

If a person I know dies in reality, then they will still be dead tomorrow and I will not see them alive, but I could have a dream where they appear alive. But if a person dies in a dream, unless it is a Iritual dream that revealed the death of a person in reality, that person will still be alive in reality the next day and may or may not be alive in future dreams.

All your talk about reality being imagination or a dream is based on a theory imagined by somebody else. And you or others have decided to imagine that theory in your own lives and convince yourself that reality is a dream. There are endless imagination people can make up to try to explain away reality, but there imaginations are not real, reality is real. Some people might imagine that we are like the people in The Matrix., connected to a computer and imagining what we consider reality. Or they might imagine that we are actually insects, and the reality we are experiencing is in our insect mind. The list of imaginations can go on and on.

Reality is obvious, and imaginations can only explain it away in a person's mind, their imaginations will never change Reality.

You say "if this principle is overstood", you should have said "if this imagination is accepted"

Messenger: DURU Sent: 6/5/2012 2:06:54 PM

blessed to all

Greetings ark I,wat d I claim reality is no difference with dream ,all d memories like I slept at this time and place wen d I wake up is an event on dat present moment of d waking state ,all d I can recall bout life experience ,friends and families or past experiences have no reality on its own but stored on memory collected by mind through experience presented on d present moment,in fact there is no yesterday or tomorrow,there is only now ,in this here and now or present being or consciousness (I) all events happens including space and time,its because this awareness(I) is identified with d body,person or individual(i)by d mind,all d events happenings or life experience of seems to be real including d individual which is mere present appearance in realm of consciousness,just like a dream which is created by memory ,a dream world of time and space including mountains ,river,cities,animals plants,friends,families,and even created a representation of d dreamer itself,in a dream all events and happenings seems to be real while dreaming including d dreamer seems to be on a jungle seeing all different creatures in his dream and it simply all happens on d mind and this is known on waking state on dat moment d waker realize its just a dream an illusion happened on d mind,wen awakened it realizes dat it just acted as witness,projected dreams through mind,no difference with d so called'reality' d waking state which is just 1 of d 3 states of d mind,in waking state contains dream and deep sleep state,in dream no waking state is known only deep sleep,and in deep sleep non of this states is present including its contents (universe,individual i,,,,) in these state d mind is at rest only d awareness is present(I) d unchanging reality(JAH),d silent witness,for this reason this endless changing illusion(creation,body,objects)is are aspects of d mind, this where d mind rise and sets is I d present being which is 1 but infinite in appearance,for this reason everything is I nothing is me,creation is illusion only cause it depends on I but d I depend on nothing such as deep sleep,I(JAH)is d only reality d unmanifest silent witness of its manifestation,which is illusion cause its only an appearance though its source is I ,just like an ocean and its waves ,its manifestation (waves) happens at d ocean. I am not in d world but d world is in I.if this is overstood d selfish love towards self as individual will be a selfless love meaning love towards all naturally cause an individual I is an imagination.

yes ark I, if all is accepted as an imagination or reflection of I

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: majjah Sent: 6/5/2012 6:35:56 PM

Greeting Ark1/Eleazer/Duru

Duru I coudnt have said it any better, but what confuses me is your identity with rasta. Like Eleazer you are turning it into a concept through your identity with Rasta. You are not altogether wrong; you just have a wrong idea of the self. Like you say there are many paths. It is like climbing a mountain, one goes by the north side, one the east, one the west and one the south, but the common factor is that they will all reach the same place – the peak. But where to go when you reach the peak? They will reach scratching their heads and wondering what was all the fuss about.

Eleazer, how could it ever convince you? You have all ready been stained by your own humorous. You are using the same philosophical rambling as you but it to identify with Rasta, so it is quite clear that you have missed the point of I amness. It has nothing to do wit your identity. The witness is simply pure awareness nothing to do with ideals, it can only be a question of experience.an even then it is not the real thing however sublime, experience by its very nature it comes and goes.

Ark1 you seem to be twisting the reasoning to suite your own belief system. Natural you will jump to your defense since you are taking my reasoning as an attack at your convictions to Rasta. Imagination is imagination ark1 so in an attempt to prove your mettle, you’re playing with semantics. But to be, there need be no language, I am simply using language at its crudest, as a vehicle of understanding. But you must go beyond language into being. Rasta can only ever be relative, “I AM” – being is living proof and the exception always proves the rule, Being is the background of which pure awareness arises. In the foreground all is transient.
The impersonal is the reality ark1; the personal appears and disappears. "I am" is the impersonal being, the "I am this or that" is the person, which can only be relative but the pure being is fundamental, this is self-evident.

Ark1/Eleazer, being has nothing to do with philosophy it is neither this nor that, it is just so. Rasta has everything to do with philosophy, it is your conviction your identity. It is a way of life according to your person - the unreal.
With the mind, like a fisherman you have simply hook onto Rasta, but you must dig deeper until there is nothing left. In human nature we act out of the unconscious, but we are not even a human beings; we are simply a point of awareness, coexisting with time and space yet you are beyond it.
To identify with anything using your sensory perception simply implies that you have not yet woken to the reality of what is.
Awareness cannot be about following any path it is simply about becoming aware of the witness that is always there, the peaks precede the valleys, and the valleys follow the peaks, this simply highlight the duality of time and space. There need be no concepts to realize I am. All concepts are perceptions of the perceiver; all perceptions are mental constructs, which make them transient. A concept is just another mode of perception that is always subjective.
You cannot know the knower; hence my reason for saying you cannot know yourself to be Rasta. The fact of knowing proves the knower; there need be no other proof. The knower of the known is not knowable.
In reality only the ultimate, the absolute can be. The rest is jus a matter of forms, which are completely void of any substance. If you identify with any of it you will miss. The supreme state is universal, here and now; and it is not relative since everybody shares it. It is simply the state of being.

Bless.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/5/2012 7:31:48 PM

"You cannot know the knower; hence my reason for saying you cannot know yourself to be Rasta"

I disagree with your statement majjah.

You can post your philosophy essays all you want but you can't convince I that I am not Rasta.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 6/6/2012 9:30:34 AM

Greetings to all

Blesses majjah,I AM THAT I AM , no identity with rasta as a concept, in fact everything is a concept u know that,in fact I simply dnt disrespect any path I AM is pathless but it doesn't mean if this principle is overstood through RASTAFARI,I will call it illusion but rather reason d I AM principle with d path simply for a better overstanding, a christian or a muslim who is awakened would never leave its path but simply d teachings of d path will be more clearer and direct,that y I mention that d I principle is d basis of all path and lacking d I principle will lead to,concepts,bondage,pride,dogmas,separation,strengthen d ego,,,,,
If I AM is overstood no matter wat scripture d I will read its message is all bout d I AM principle.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 6/6/2012 4:38:00 PM

Blessed strenghth Eleazar:

"You can post your philosophy essays all you want but you can't convince I that I am not Rasta."

I and I should give thanks to the most High God Jah Rastafari for blessing I and I with His guidance and protection. 

Rastafari is life

Messenger: majjah Sent: 6/6/2012 9:16:34 PM

Greetings Eleazer,

I'm not here to convince anyone. What you believe is entirely up to yo, I'm just telling you how it is. Your body is in space and your mind in time. There will come a time when your body will cease to function and your mind will desolve along with all your perceptions and conceptions of rasta. you came into this world with nothing and so shall you leave.

Bless

Messenger: DURU Sent: 6/7/2012 3:21:10 AM

http://jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2104&start_row=1&search_user=duru

Messenger: majjah Sent: 6/7/2012 6:07:50 PM

Greetings Duru

Yes as you say everything is a concept. This ‘I AM’ also is conceptual, is it not? Eneveitably this to will dissolve when the mind dissolves and body loses its functionality, it will not remain with you just as with all other concepts, precepts and mode of thought relating to ‘I AMNESS’ such is the state of affair, so what is the point in trying to assimilate or gain knowledge of rastafari? The ‘I AM’ concept underpins all. Similarly you have taken the concept ‘I AM’ and used it as colour to decorate another concept – your ideal of Rasta.

Bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I