Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4717&start_row=1

you are not what you perceive yourself to be

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: majjah Sent: 6/3/2012 2:06:19 AM

THE most fundamental thing to realise is that you are not what you think, your life is just a stream of events that happen to you. for whatever you perceive to be, there must be a perceiver that perceive it. The very fact that you have percieved should be clue enough. you simply are, your are not Rasta, Rasta is just a dream that you perceive to be true. you have identified with so much so easily, you have simply forgotten that nothing you perceive is your own. how can you be conscious of that which you are ? the only thing you can be sure of is being - that you are. You are like a background upon which all transient thing are witnessed. all things you perceive are transient, they can only be transient, they come and go. but you are always, uneventful, unchanging. There is nothing in this world that is sustainable apart from you the reality. Even your body is not your own, just like everything else from your perspective can only be transient. If you believe in anything else other than that you are you are simply affected by delusion. How can that which changes have any reality ? All things that change are simply unreal, what you perceive to be you, you have simply imagined. your imagination is a faculty of the mind, which again cannot be you. mind implies time and all things transient give the illusion of time.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 6/3/2012 2:47:51 PM

Blessed majjah

Yes I ,dat y rasta sey everything is I ,d ini concept I ego and I awareness,all percieved or known is simply pointing there is a perciever which is always present that I that is aware of the waking,dream,and deep sleep state of d mind,aware of d thinking mind and doing of d body,RASTAFARI is a path towards d self,conquering d false I by d higher I,other words mind be humble to d heart,free from desire and separate identification,to crucify d ego identity which is resurection is the seeing from d real self, so as been said I AM THAT I AM

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/3/2012 9:15:07 PM

rasta is that unchanging One. not a phenomena., rasta is Eternal never changing

the small i changing perishable i, the ego, is not rasta
rasta is the everlasing, truth, One, I Am That I am, I Am.

I Am never changes but , I am hot, i am cold, I am good, i am evil, I am happy ,I am Sad, always changes but i Am never changes, they perceived changes but the perceiver never changes.

Jah is the same yesterday today and forever more.

I disagree because Rasta identifies with the Eternal and not the persihable.

Rasta is One With the Allmighty : " I and I "

I see I am rasta because i am not this changing body but the perceiver, consciousness within it.

I am One with jah the changer, but can not be changed, I am One With Jah the creator but can not be created, I can change my mind , mt body, my life, but can the changer be changed?

this is rasta. The one beyond it all, I and I have power here. , RASTA IS THE INFINITE UNCHANGING ONE

not a ego, not a phenomena , Jah Rastafrai is The Eternal, Infinite. Pure Consciousness, The Light

There i only death when one identifies with the earthly, material, body flesh, changing, corruptible.... Rasta is the unchanging consciousness , not the changing phenomena withing consciousness(creation)

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/3/2012 11:04:42 PM

Rasta is no dream, Rasta is Reality.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/4/2012 3:54:52 PM

We do not pray to a god of Time and space, that perishes, JAH RASTAFARI IS THE ETERNAL ONE THAT CAN SAVE USS FROM TIME AND SPACE

When I pray to Jah Rastafri and say I am one with Jah i.e. I and I it means the small I has found rest in the eternal I of what time eternity rest in.

RASTA IS NOT THE DREAM RASTA IS THE CONSCIOUSNESS THE DREAM EXISTS IN

JAH IS THE ROCK AND FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD

ALL COMES FROM JAH AND GOES BACK TO JAH

WITH OUT JAH RASTAFRI NOTHING EXISTS

WITH OUT CONSCIOUSNESS NOTHING EXISTS

JAH IS CONSCIOUS OF ALL CHANGING THINGs BUT JAH RASTAFARI IS THE SAME YESTERDAY TODAY AND FOREVER

RASTAA IS NOT A THOUGY RASTA IS THE PURE CONSCIOUSNESS THAT THE THOUGHTS ARISE IN.

Thoughts change, forms change, but the one that is aware of the changes is the RASTA. I AM THAT I AM. NEVER CHANGING. WHo am I ? I AM.

Grounded in The Rock. All things change , high tide comes, but the rock stays firm. All things get washed away but the rock and that what remains one with the rock doesnt move in all the changes.

That is RASTA. RASTA DOESNT DIE. THAT IS A THOUGHT TOO.

AND RASTA IS NOT A THOUGHT. BUT THE CONSCPUSNES STHAT THE THOUGHT ARISES IN.

The Rasta people Identify with this higher I , that never changes, the creator, but uncreated, the deathless, the unchaging within all changes of body and mind.....
The Witness, The Soul and Consciousness within the Body is RASTA.

NOt dreadlocks, not smoking ganjah , nor a reggae music, those are all just tools of time and space to connect I to the eternal and infinite One, The Holy One, Sancified in the Most Holy Place.... Rasta dwellls in the Lions Den, The Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judahs Den.

ganjah and music connect I to the eternal One beyond time and space and phenomena. That is RAsta. And the dreadlocks are the roots that tap into the eternal Self. I and I.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/4/2012 4:06:33 PM

majjah I am not sure if ye overstand what Rasta IS. Rasta is not a phenomena. Rasta is The Way. Rasta is The Beginning Now and End.
Rasta was not born and does not die.

Rasta is the foundation of Creation That all Awareness rest Upon. The Super Conscious that never dies but is aware of all that fades like grass, yet Rasta is The Way to the Refuge Jah Rastafari and They are One thinhg.

Messenger: majjah Sent: 6/4/2012 7:38:01 PM

Greetings Duru/jessep86/Eleazar

There is no path to follow, if you are following some path that has already been established then you are simply following ideals. All ideals emanate from the mind and all that emanates from the mind can only be of the imagination. It is quite simple, you are the reality, therefore in being the path will always be behind you never in front. What is in front of you can only be illusory. You make the path, look! The footsteps that YOU make always follow behind. This is your own path it precedes your being. If you are following some path it can only be somebody else’s path. It is to this end that makes it idealistic. You can never be sure of the other only yourself, the “ I AM “ IS THE ONLY SURE THING NOT I AM RASTA, CHRISTIAN BUDDHA OR WHAT EVERY YOU CHOOSE AS A FUNCTION IN LIFE. “I am” is the ultimate and everything else pales into insignificances.

The perceived cannot be the perceiver; Rasta is just a perception of your own doing. What ever you are seeing, hearing or thinking of, remember – you are not what happens, you are he to whom it happens. Once you begin to realized that every mode of perception is subjective, that what is seen or heard, touched or smelt, felt or thought, expected or imagined, is in the mind and not in the reality you can relax into life without fear. We can only know that we react and to what we do not know. We know on contact that we exist; “I AM”. The “I AM this” (Rasta Christian Muslim etc. etc.) “I AM that” are imaginary. So we have to keep in mind that nothing we perceive is ours and what really is ours we are not conscious of.

The mind is discontinuous. It always blanks out, like when we sleep for instance or we become distracted with our daily lives, but how do we register discontinuity? There must be something continuous to register discontinuity; this is the witness, pure awareness. The mind, memory is always partial, unreliable since this is where all our ideas are stored, and further more, they are all relative.

You must realize what ever you think yourself to be is just a stream of events, while all is happening, coming and going the changeless among the changeful you are alone, so therefore we must learn to separate the observed from the observer and abandon false identifications. The observed can only be a succession of transient moments and it is to this end that creates the illusion of time, but the timeless reality of pure being is not in movement, in order to see movement there need to be a motionless background.

So you must realize that what changes is not real and what is real does not change, so ask yourself what is it that does not change? If you decide to stop eating you will die and the content of you mind will dissolve but does the witness perish? It is by our experience that we know the self has being independent of mind and body. It is being- awareness.

The person is never the subject, you can see the person you are not the person, the person is just idealistic, imaginary. You imagine yourself to be at a certain point occupying a certain volume (identity, whatever that may be) feeling thoughts and action race before the watcher in endless succession, leaving traces in the brain and creating an illusion of continuity. A reflection of the watcher in the mind the sense of “ I” thus the person acquires an independent existence. In reality there is no person, only the watcher identifying himself with the “I” and the “mind” and what so ever resides in the mind.

The idea of Rasta or any other belief comes from the person, in reality, there is no person this is the illusion. What is really your own you are not conscious of WHAT YOU ARE CONSCIOUS OF IS NEITHER YOU NOR YOURS. WHAT YOU HAVE IS THE POWER TO PERCIEVE RASTA. Hence to know yourself to be Rasta in reality is an impossibility
You can also look at it this way, yours is the light, the cinema screen and the power to see, but the picture you have created with all these attributes is not you.

Bless.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/4/2012 10:35:39 PM

"Hence to know yourself to be Rasta in reality is an impossibility "

No its not. Its very possible, and your philosophical ramblings won't convince I otherwise.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/5/2012 12:13:28 AM

Yes I Eleazar, philosophical ramblings, I was thinking the same thing.

What you speak majjah is imagination. Instead of accepting the reality around you, you imagine that it is something you imagine, so that you can imagine a different imagination as your "reality".

Messenger: DURU Sent: 6/5/2012 9:17:35 AM

Blessed to all

Greetings majjah, I agree what d I said bout d I AM principle no doubt about it, yes I ,If d I overs d point I am makin is Rasta is a path same as any other path for d grand overstanding of d I AM principle lacking this principle will lead to dogmas,non ending search of salvation which will only create more desire till d mind get exhausted and finally realize wat it was searchin is d seeker itself, d whole creation or d world is a content or projection of d mind including d mind itself I AM remains as d witness,
InI concept of RASTAFARI is a powerful concept for d overstanding of d I AM principle this concept leads to selfless action to illuminate d ego identity,if this I AM principle is realized no matter wat context him use is not affecting this principle its more simply to share this principle according to his or her intelligence or maturity of mind,and no matter what's happening all is happening towards self realization, in reality nothing really happens.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I