Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4710&start_row=1

Lookinf for anwsers

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: alixasa Sent: 5/29/2012 3:36:47 PM

So I am bi-racial, but in the last year and a half or so, i have come to identify soley with my African heritage. I was raised Lutheran and have for the most part accepted its teachings, but now i am discontent with its use of Scripture to support conservatism and pro-white idealology. I am so tired of the racism, bigotry, and sense of entitlement that seems so prevalent in the white psyche.

I have been doing my own research and I have my uncle, who was my first exposure to Rastafari, but i still have questions. can anybody help or direct me to good resources? It would be so appreciated. there is nothing that i want more than to be part of this loving and peace-oriented faith.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/29/2012 5:09:52 PM

I see you are already part of the faith..

We must looking our-selves , into our own heart for the conquer of the world.

Jah is here with us, our livity (lifestyle) is the Faith...Its a living faith....As spirit become manifest flesh, so also, our faith becomes manifest in our livity....

In traditional Rastafari, only a man can teach the womban the faith, for reasons im not going discuss here.(unless you ask)

who can teach you besides the teacher that is within you. you can find the most enlightening teachers of the Rastafri faith , live with them and be surrounded by the, but that means nothing if the truth is not realized in our hearts....

Jah Rastafri is not found or realized no where besides with in us.....We realize the truth nowhere beside within our our hearts and minds.... Jah Bless !

Messenger: alixasa Sent: 5/29/2012 7:04:58 PM

Thank you so much for the encouragement. it truly means the world. Just one qestion that is more technical: what is a "womban" or were you saying "woman"?

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 5/30/2012 5:32:39 AM

Greetingz

yes I....womban is rasta, or rather a more iccurate way to say woman

Jah bless

Messenger: alixasa Sent: 5/30/2012 6:37:49 AM

This has been sych a fruitful nIght and mornIn for InI. Since i have accepted that this is tHE only Truth, great burdens have been lifted from mInIe shoulders. InI am so Thankfyl that the Jah Abba has removed the final veils from mInIe Eyes, alowing I to see Truth for hat it is. I an I have learnd a lIfetIme of knowledge by meditating on and participating in many Reasonings. Ras Tafari has shown unto me all that i have been searching so dyspertly for so very long. I an I thank Holiest Jah for my newfound Bruthas and Sistahs In the InIcarnate Messiah Haile Selassie I!!

Messenger: chica Sent: 6/27/2012 6:11:41 PM

I hope to be as fortunate as you someday. I too am searching for the truth. I was raised Christian and have been practicing in the African Methodist tradition for apx. 24 years. Over the years, I have become more and more disillusioned. I read a bit about the rasta religion over the internet and my interest was piqued. I began to think perhaps the rasta way was the way for me. Then I read a little more and discovered some disturbing issues. I know I cannot believe everything I read from the internet. So I am on this forum looking for answers.
Is it true rasta woman a not allowed to wear pants? How does that insult or hurt anyone?
Is it true rasta women are not allowed to speak in reasoning sessions? If so, why?

Is it true rasta women are not allowed to smoke from the pipe in public, the way men do? Why?

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/1/2012 9:52:13 PM

The pants and ganja are personal choices unless you are in a commubity or group with rules.

pant are fine to me if they are not slutty, tight, showing unerwears or skin through hole, ripped in opans legs buttect...

The ganja is a thing that should be used in meditation, prayer bible study, in a sanctified place to sanctify the heart....
Just like food should be eated in a irie place, good peacful surroundings....So should be the ganja we ingest...

But there are expectations....Gotta blaze during celebrations....look at all the ganja smoked in public events, reggae and other spiritual events.

I have not heard of Rasta woman not being allowed to smoke in public but men can...

To all rastas regardless of sex, I and I should use as Holy Sacrament and not for recreatrional enjoyment like babylons drinks alcohol...

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/2/2012 3:20:24 PM

Thank you for your insight. I would certainly agree with you that slutty attire is unacceptable. And it is the true, the way some women wear pants (and skirts and dresses) is very unbecoming.

As for smoking, I don't think anybody should smoke mainly because of health reasons. I am not even famliar with smoking ganja as I do not indulge. Is it a requirement that one smoke ganja when following the faith or is this optional?

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/2/2012 3:56:59 PM

Can anyone provide guidance as to where to begin on the path of rasta? I feel like I'm all over the place with a myriad of questions. Is there a forum/thread which provides practical teachings on embracing rasta life? I feel I am lost in the wilderness and just doing this "hit and miss" sort of thing, realizing I need guidance. Where to go?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/2/2012 4:43:19 PM

Greetings. Chica, I think u have already started de path. Try n find out fo some rasta people in your area or areas near your area. Gatherin with dem will help. Attend binghi gatherings. If u are female then u should know dat wearing of pants is not alowed to women who attend de gathering. U'll also be expected to cover your head while males will b expected to uncover dem locks during ises. In a binghi gathering there is a reasoning n sharings session where u get de oportunity to lern about anything in rasta livity from other rasta people u'v gathered with. De use of herb is optional so don't feel intimidated by its use. Hope some of your questions are answered. One perfect love.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I