Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4709&start_row=21

root of all evil?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/9/2012 2:45:09 AM

The serpent was a masculine creature and women submit to this and can be controlled. The same way Adam submitted to Eve because she was feminine and he could be persuaded by her. She was no weaker or stronger than Adam, both male and female possess different qualities that are to be used in harmony to form Jah love. We need the "strengh" and leadership of a man as well as the softness and tenderness and gentleness of a woman to hold bath the wrath of men. Without one the other will destroy everything in a short matter of time.

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/9/2012 1:47:40 PM

Soerasta02, thank you for your post. This is what I was feeling very strongly all along. I felt a deep and bitter hurt to read someone referring to woman as weak and evil. But as you say, both men and women have strangths and weaknesses. I was drawn to the rasta community because of the way I hear rasta men refer to women as "sistren" and "queen," and other such kind and loving names. I thought to myself, if they really mean what they are saying, it must be such a blessing to for a woman to live in a rasta community; a community where both men and women are appreciated for both their strengths and their weaknesses. I try to imagine what it must be ilke for a child growing up in such a community with such an outpouring of love. Now, to me, that would be truly heaven on earth!

I also feel that to be separated from Jah is the greatest, most awful hell one can imagine!

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/10/2012 3:43:08 AM

As a man we like to pick and choose the scripture that make us feel most dominant but forget the one what say women submit to your wives and wives submit to your husbands because you do not belong to yourselves any more but to eachother. Man has his roles and women her own none greater than the other. If InI disrespect I wife InI disrespect I self and Jah who gave her to I as a gift. Simple.

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/10/2012 12:32:29 PM

I could not have said it better myself. And to hear it coming from the bredren makes my heart smile! Thank you, thank you... Blessings

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 7/14/2012 9:54:03 AM

Yes I, InI treat my Queen as equal cause without one or the other you cannot bring life to this earth. Sellasie I Empress Menan together as one.

Bless.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/14/2012 5:52:32 PM

I just got to mention: Look how King Selassie Honored Queen Menen as She sat next to him on The Throne ...

When The King was off at war,Queen Menen Ran things in Addis Abba nobly.

http://houseofbobo.com/Empress%20Menen.htm

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/5/2012 10:47:25 PM

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/15/2012 7:20:28 PM

Jessep86, thank you so much for posting this. It is beautiful!

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/18/2013 3:31:18 PM

Man and Woman is a balance...The King and Queen are crowned same time.BURN SEXISM

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/19/2013 12:13:41 AM

"The love of money is the root of all evil"

1 Tim 1:10

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I