Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4709&start_row=11

root of all evil?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: chica Sent: 7/2/2012 3:40:17 PM

When a female is referred to as "wombman," are you suggesting she was born of a man's womb? How can that be when only females have wombs?

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/2/2012 3:42:04 PM

What of the saying, "The love of money is the root of all evil?" That seems gender neutral as both male and female have been guilty of loving money over anything else.

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/6/2012 11:53:42 AM

It takes a very strong woman to suffer this world and the atrocities that often happen to them at the hands of men, including mental and physical abuse, sexual abuse. Don't let anyone mislead you, women are very strong, in many instances, much stronger than men.

If men are so much stronger than women, why didn't Adam have the strength to just say no to Eva and instruct/remind her they were not supposed to eat of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil? After all, Adam had spent more time with Jah than Eve had. This creation story seems to make Adam look like a helpless weakling who had no clue what was going on and just blindly following Eve's instruction. How very convenient.

Why couldn't Adam just simply own his stuff instead of trying to place all the blame on Eve? Some men still act like this even in today's world. They refuse to own their wrongs and use women as the scapegoat for getting away with their own evil deeds.

Truth be told, we all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory, both women AND men.

When the disciples abandoned Jesus running, away from Him and pretending not to know Him, it was the women who stayed by His side and followed Him all the way to Calvary. Including Mary Magdalene and Mary, His Mother.

Considering what that crowd of peole who were calling for Jesus' death must have been like, I would imagine it took a mother load of strength to make that trip to Calvary and stand Jesus' side. Only a stgrong women could have made that trip.

So where were the disciples? Why didn't they show up? Was it because they were so very strong? Or was there a woman to blame for that as well?

I would agree it is much more rare for a woman to have stainthood bestowed upon her than it is for a man. But then, the ones deciding who will or will not be sainted are by and large men. Hmm... Could that have something to do with why it is so rare to have female saints?

It is true, women do need protection both physically and spiritually. But the other side of that sad coin is that so often, especially for Black women, we cannot count on our men to provide neither spiritual nor physical security.

I suppose black men need someone to lash out at because of the way they are usually mistreated in this world and so often, that someone is the woman in their lives.

Trying to survive this ilfe often robs her of her feminine qualities. She's too busy trying to make sure her children are safe, have a roof over their heads and don't have to go to bed hungry. And in the U.S., 50 percent of all unions end in divorce. The percentage is even greater in the black community. And the majority of these men do not provide. She's making the provisions all by herself, can't even count on the father of her children to providing child support without getting the legal system involved.

It is my hope that I will discover in Rasta society a place where women can finally exhale and feel supported by their men. Really supported and appreciated, not just in words, but in deeds. Deeds like... well, I don't know... fidelity... commitment... honoring his one's word.. investing in spiritual growth?

One can only hope.

Messenger: King David Jah Sent: 7/7/2012 8:06:48 AM

chika dont generalize,not all men are wat u think dey are,,
wich community ever call dem black women queen?Wi appricilove our women`s love nd support.Like l brother sed evil thots are dem roots of all evil actions.
I man strongly sight women as queens.
seems as if u dont get along wit rastafarianism,
people separate coz dem find it hard to stay together but it is caused by doin de wrong thing from de stat.
bro Ark said u need to ask Jah to show l yo one nd only person not to be led by l sight
Many people walk by sight and not by faith dats why dem get into endless trouble

blessed love.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/8/2012 6:18:43 PM

so the root of all evil is LACK of...

Lack of good ness is evil ness...lack of light is darkness..

lack of obedience is the deception

If Creation was Perfect in the beginning ,If mankind was perfect in The beginning the fall, the root of all evil is seperation...forgetfulness....

Evil has no root...it is a rot that destroyed I and I roots of Righteousness...

Satin and evil is nothin..Darkness is nothing...Sin is lack of righteousness...Thats Whay Christ fulfilled the law with Love..

cant remove the darknesss with out light.... Darkness is illlusion.Darkness is nothing.

Cant remove evil because it is not..It is illusion..Just as darkness is lack of light, SIN IS LACK OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, SIN IS LACK OF JAH GOOD WORKS

One can never enter the Kingdom of Jah by not sinning...
Only by righteousness, doing Jahs will, Jahs Good works can we enter..

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/8/2012 6:28:19 PM

I Respect you chica and you and I and I support.

I hear that cry..I am single father and ...No help is ho help...Even if Rasta stand alone ,Rasta stand Strong.

"It takes a village to raise a child" -African Proverb

I pray for all the single parents and children who are struggling to enjoy the blessing of life. Just as a cut on skin closes up and heals. Jah brings Healings to the wounded who turn to him with all their hearts mind and soul. Stretch forth thy hands upto Zion..

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/8/2012 7:51:26 PM

I just came pon this scripture.. And the NIV version seems to affirm that sin is is a lack of living by Jah law of life...

1john 3: 4 "Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness."

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/8/2012 8:06:04 PM

5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/8/2012 8:28:54 PM

The Word says we are lacking ....What? I feel Adam and Eve did not constantly give thanks and praises and remember Jah Their Creator and felt a false sense of separation....

I and I ....Its the most imposrtant relationship from the beginning.
the Oneness....The Fall and 'root' of sin is the feeling of a seperate self or ego from Jah...Lucifer "bearer of Light' fell because of this and bam into the snake....To deceive man just as he deceived himself...Stupidly thinking can be God(take jahs place by idolizing self and others) or higher than...

10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?

Isiah 14: 11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

For when one loses their relationship with Jah, The father, they deceive them selves thinking " I dont need God, I can do better with out god", or "There is no god", or they say "I am God"
when they think this, Jahs will cannot be done. this is sin.

Separation(illusion), leading to no I and I consciousness make one unable to pray to and hear Jahs voice and will.

without Jah nothing exists, not even the devil, but all is dependent on Jah like a baby is dependent on parent. So I(man) is dependent on I(Jah).

So this is the root sin...I and I was forgotten (because of devils distraction, lost I and I consciousness) , illusion led to delusion...Jahs will is not done and lack of this is the meaning of the word sin...
All evils and sins comes from this root of separation in I(man) and I(Jah)

But why the separation happen? adam and Eve must have not been remembering Jahs words written o their hearts and minds. They must have not continually been giving Jah thanks and Praise in loving obedience...
constant meditation and prayer, communion with others in Jahs words...is the glue that keeps I and I together....

So a lack of devotion and obedience and the other glue must of pulled I and I apart in awareness...

Rastafari keep up the constant Meditations...Constant thanks and praise...irie vibrations...Resonate with the Most High. Jah Rastafari.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/8/2012 8:45:12 PM

The experienced person may be impossible to persuade by the smooth tongue of the cunning of heart; but the inexperienced ones are led like a bull that comes even to the slaughter.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I