Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4646&start_row=1

Reggae Lyrics

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 4/2/2012 11:06:02 AM

Greatings in the Name of Jah I Light and Salvation He has become I Song! there Reggae i have heard and i need to listen to. One awesome track is Zacharia by Midnite i need to see the lyrics for iself. There is a reggae that has a line say: MEN LIKE BABA WAYA SHOULD BURN IN FIRE, THE BETRAYER OF MARCUS GARVEY. I do not know if i heard correctly. please guide I and I Jah bless.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/3/2012 11:45:35 PM

Man like bag-a-wire should burn if Fire, the betrayer of Marcus Garvey.

Bag-a-wire is a heathen who betrayed Marcus Garvey to be killed by babylon. He was a skinny lanky man, so that is why he is called Bag-a-wire (bag of wires)

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/3/2012 11:54:02 PM

I just looked around and somebody said

-------------------
Marcus Garvey cursed the man to walk up and down with (or in - if going by comments of others) a bag of wire. He was seen so, and thus became known as 'Bag-o'-wire'. A fitting decree it would seem when you consider the amount of wire surrounding penal institutions or used as boundary fencing!

http://www.roots-archives.com/forum/read.php?2,29077,page=3
-------------------

The person who wrote that said they learned it from their mother, who is Jamaican. The reason I mentioned in I previous Reasoning I heard from RasTafarI people from Jamaica and other islands.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 4/4/2012 12:57:31 PM

Ark I, let me thank you for the correction. well done. ever since i was a small child i knew Jesus Christ is God, when i grew older, i heard of Marcus Mossiah Garvey and instantly, i belived in HIM. His word i took as prophecy which led me to H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I. Nevertheless ive not searched for His life story apart from what can be found in encyclopaedia. Jah love.

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I