Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4631&start_row=11

THE BIBLE IS NOT THE WORD OF JAH !

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 3/21/2012 11:08:29 AM

so what am I supposed to be taking from the bible?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/21/2012 1:02:03 PM

Yes I. Take de good thinngs and leave de bad things Bro. I and many other idrens don't follow everything that is writen in de bible because not everything is good. Some say it is a perfect book but I man don't think so. For example when you read de nazarite vow (numbers 6). Yu find dat der's de part dat talk about not cutting hair (numbers 6:5 he shall be holy and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow) which is de part many rastas follow, den der's de part dat talk about animal sacrifice( numbers 6:5 And on the eighth day he shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons, to the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation:
11 And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering. So how can killing of an inocent an animal be a good and acceptable to Jah? I man see de killin of an inocent animal as a bad thing so I can't follow dat part of de bible and I know many rastas don't follow dat part especialy de italists.
So bro jehosaphat2011 yu can correct I where I'm wrong for I see de part of animal killin to make burn't oferings as some of de mistakes in de bible. Acording to I it is not a word of Jah dat people should kill his animals for burnt oferings. I think it is one of de traditions of Jews which were mistakenly labeled as word of Jah. Just like circumcision which is a Jewish culture promoted in de bible and some people think it is a word of Jah dat people should cut deir fore skin. How can Jah create a foreskin den tell yu to cut it? Circumcision and animal sacrifice are some of de bad things promoted in de bible acording to I. I know dere are also some parts of de bible which are against dis bad habits (e.g. Psalms 50 agaist animal sacrifice and leviticus 21:5 against cutting of flesh like circumcision).De contradictions show I and I dat it is not 100%. It shows dat der are some mistakes. What do yu say?
One aim, one god, one destiny. Blessed love.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 3/21/2012 3:07:11 PM

After understanding come overstanding, after overstanding come innerstanding: introspection: Who am I, am I Levite, am I Nazarite, am I Christian, am I RastafarI? Revelation: I disposition determines I position in I society, it affects I world perception. But JAH is impartial. Respect to Enoch, Moses, David, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Zachariah, Malachi...Every King, Prophet, General, Sage, all in Agreement. Difference in Acosmic Time, difference in situation, nevertheless, One Aim, One God, One Destiny. One.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/22/2012 12:32:41 AM

I and I don't eat flesh because to not eat flesh is natural for I and I, putting dead flesh within us disturbs I and I Irits. That is why the Nazarite vow says that I and I can't even go near a dead body, even if it is our brother or sister or mother or father.

The sacrifice of animals in the book of Numbers for the Nazarite vow is for when the vow ends. RasTafarI people's vow never ends, so that sacrifice will never be.

The Bible is the words of Jah mixed with the words of man, and it shows the good people do and the evil they do. People sometimes use that not only to disregard the words of men in the Bible, but also to disregard the words of Jah that they don't want to live by. The Bible has a passage that shows that men like to imagine that Jah RasTafarI thinks the way they do, but that is not how Jah thinks. Men find it hard to accept the example of God because the example is far from them. Selassie I is too Loving, too Forgiving, too Merciful and too High in Irits.

Messenger: ezeikiel Sent: 3/22/2012 5:06:05 AM

The bible is the words of man an only man. if anybody thinks otherwise then they lack understanding. God has nothing to do with the bible.

Raspec.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 3/22/2012 8:36:36 AM

Yes I Ark I. I would like to learn what the I mean by the word Irits. Jah guide and protect.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/22/2012 6:42:25 PM

ezeikiel, it is you who lack understanding. God Himself said that the Bible has the Word of God.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/22/2012 6:44:56 PM

jehosaphat2011, Irits is Spirit.

Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 3/22/2012 6:50:28 PM

Haille I Selassie I Jah Rastafari Glorify the Bible
Don't fight against His Majesty teaching
The Bible is The rallying point for all humanity

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/22/2012 8:19:27 PM

Cursed are those who keep the little ones from Jah scripture and the word of Jah

Bless are those who feed the multitudes with the bread of life and gives the living eternal waters to the thirsty.

In the beginning was the word and The Word was Jah, The words of Bablon are worldly and bring destruntion and death and are life less with out spirit like dead leaves that fall on the ground,
The Word of Jah is pure, clear and refreshing and brings forth life, like a seed falling from heaven onto the earth.
Jah will be done on Earth as in Heaven. Jah Word in Bible contains Hope and Salvation and freedom and Power to Overcome Satin and The World. Praise Jahs Word Sound Power

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I