Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4622&start_row=31

Nazirite Vows

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/27/2015 10:15:31 PM

strong words!

but is a rasta who decides to drink a beer really not a rasta? i mean i think youre not a sinner if you do it. youre misleaded, you lose your spirituality maybe. you know. but if rasta is about spirituality and its a repatriation movement then why should someones dont be a rasta because he doesnt follow an ital lifestyle which laws arent officially written down.

i myself was careful about alcohol as a youth. ive never drank beer before i was 15. and with 15, 16 and 17 i drank like 10 beers a year. in my twenties i was stupid enough to drink the harder stuff but i havent drank anything else than beer for over a year i think and like ive said at the beginning of the year i started to avoid drinking at all. i try to never drink again.

to be ital is very, very important for your mind to me but i think those mistakes or certain views cant remove you from rasta.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/28/2015 8:14:53 AM

Now dis thread is about de Nazirite vow yu talk about ital. Why do yu keep on diverting different threads from their topics?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/28/2015 11:00:34 AM

Some brethren can drink red stripe guinness or dragon like its water

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/28/2015 2:29:41 PM

ive mentioned it because the i on the last page has talked about it. he said if someone drinks beer he couldnt be a ras. it was just a comment.

like ive said. when it comes to the nazarite vow i think you have to avoid it but things like tofu are ok. its fermanted but its not a drink and free of alcohol. at least i hope so.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/10/2015 5:22:36 PM

at the beginning of the month i had reached the final day of my nazarite vow and looking back at my over 30 days of the vow i think it was the best time i have ever had.

im not married yet so i had nobody to care about. i didnt do anything with friends and i only met my closest people for a couple of hours while following the vow. i seperated myself from the world and i used to stay at home. but strangely i felt great from within like never before during this time. i focused on the right things from eating and sleeping right to meditation etc. on every single day and i felt truely blessed and lucky.

theres a saying in the bible like "if you were a sinner for all of your life and you turn around as an old man its a very good thing but once youve find out about the right way to live and you turn around then its the worst you can do". dont want to talk about how legit the bible is but it makes me think.

since ive left the vow i feel like sin is everywhere in my life again. eating too much rubbish with flour and salt with friends on weekends, being around drunk people all of the time and flirting with girls of all kinds and dealing with perversions like that. babylon makes you believe that burgers, beer, affairs and parties are what fun and "a good time" is all about but i just feel like ive been eaten up by babylon again.

thats not me. i feel very empty right now. i can follow this lifestyle any longer. even if my holidays are over. dont care. i even miss my beard and my natural looks.

i will pray tommorow and start another vow. many people did it twice. this time i will do it as a matured person. i dont know how people can live like this for decades. i quit non ital living forever. at least i hope so. but i can tell you now...ital living is the key to happyness and it can safe your soul in my humble opinion.

think about it what you want but i will have to follow the vow again to free myself from the poison of babylon.

i think the way ive done it has helped me the most to stay true to my (rasta) values.

ill just do it for a little bit longer than the 30 standard days and after that i hope i see things clearly.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/10/2015 6:41:47 PM

Just for curiosity, why is 30 days the "standard"?

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 8/11/2015 2:20:32 AM

Well, well done reasoningtime for at least doing 30 days. I remember when I first received the message of purification from JAH, and my taste buds were still atuned to the poison of Babylon. Yes, 30 days can seem hard.

But you must know that once you completely get off the Babylon poison, ie go 'cold turkey' then you simply find the foodstuffs of Babylon a bit revolting and once you realize the ways in which they mess with your consciousness, I honestly don't know how (if one understands the bit about consciousness) one can ever let anything artificial pass their lips again.

Personally, I have been completely Ital for about, 7 years... perhaps longer (I am 17) Since about 7 years ago, I have NEVER let anything artificial pass my lips at all, and I see no reason to ever do so for the rest of my life. Never had 1 sweet (why would I?), I don't eat Babylon birthday cakes, and avoid basically almost everything that Babylon forces upon us in terms of food. I am very strict about this, and now even collect my own spring water. Yes, there have been many occasions where I have been put in positions about being pressured to consume non ital stuff, for example a friend (who I separated with 2 years ago) one time went into a coffee shop, I came in and make it clear that I wouldn't eat or drink anything from there, but it was a funny setup. It was his birthday, and so the family was there. The mother went to go and buy the drinks, and we (me and my friend) went to go and sit down. The mother then came over with coffee and biscuits for me (she must have forgot).

Difficult situation. But I am just ruthlessly stubborn with Ital, knowing how it affects one's consciousness. So I told her that I don't eat stuff like that, and left all the stuff that she had just bought for me (obviously I explained to her why and didn't just say "no").

Also, I think you made the point about separation. Yes, I mean I have broken up with that friend now because I was in a very controlling relationship with him and he didn't respect that I wish to keep the Ital livity.

So yes, I would say it is better to not have any friends but to be in communion with jah, than to have lots of friends and to lose connection with jah. At the moment, I don't have any significant friends IRL, other than some people on my course.

This doesn't really bother me. Why should I have to conform to Babylon's ideas about how many friends one should have? Having a lot of time to myself allows me to focus on the Ital livity and to deepen my meditation. If I would have a close friend, I would say that they need to respect this.

My friend is JAH, in nature. Jah doesn't go away, doesn't leave me, doesn't desert me, and is forever living.

----------------------------------------

Anyway, since about 7 years ago, I have never been ill, not even a cold, for 7 years. And this is through all of the cold, dark, damp English winters. The key is to get off the poison of Babylon.

Once you are off it completely, you will find the poison (ie the food) a bit revolting

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/11/2015 11:39:38 AM

I didn't know the I was 17

Much respect

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/12/2015 5:23:47 AM

i knew it. he has mentioned it several times before. respect!

i dont know nothing about friends either. what is a friend? if you check the bible, the book that has caused numerous controversial discussions in here, i think you wont find the word. there are apostles and sometimes they talk about your NEXT MAN. dont think its something different when it comes to the jewish religion. did any prophet had any friends? buddha was all alone and he needed that to get that wise. family yes...but friends?

even tupac said he has no friends. bounty killer said his only friend is the gun he has. dont know about that but you dont know who your friends are. we are your friends, humbleone. maybe we can say that you know. supporting peace, togetherness, respect, courtesy...even loyalty is a good thing i think. but what is friendship? must be a phenomenon of modern society.

30 days are the minimum to follow the nazarite vow in the bible (at least i think so). i mean its about seperation. one week might not be enough anyways.

yes. like ive said. the grapevine thing is harder than one would think. but all in all its a great experience. its nice. without the vow i had even trouble to stay ital while being around certain people too.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/18/2015 5:07:27 AM

ive watched some strange behviour in my environment within the last couple of years. its similar to what humble one describe when he sees "zombies" who dont live in the real world.

many people i know for years seem to care about nothing anymore. they have their 3 or 4 friends and no matter what you tell them they wont show any reactions. within the last 12 month i have gone from undecided "christian" to rasta, from vegeatrian to vegan italist, from drinking beer once a month to a kind of straight edge lifestyle, from a dvd collector to a naturalist and i tell people my theories of how the system works. but all i hear from many people is "yep. if thats what you want to do". its ok. everybody has his freedom. but you can tell people that they eat rubbish and they are ok with it. if i tell them ive won a couple of millions in the lottery theyd say "cool, man, lets go to the pub and drink a beer". its strange. sometimes i think its the food that make people that unconscious. sometimes i think people really dont care about their bodies and their lifes. especially the lifes of others. we have to wake up.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I