Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4622&start_row=1

Nazirite Vows

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Binghi2007 Sent: 3/11/2012 7:16:29 AM

Greeting Brethren's and siestas

I man take up three vows....

Avoid the cutting of one's hair, neither shave off the corner of the beard nor make cuttings in their flesh. Must Refrain from strong drink and no eating meat. Its been 2 years and a half and I n I feel we are ready to take up the rest of the Nazirite Vows. I take Rastafari levity very serious and want to make sure all questions are answered before preceding.
when it says most be clean on to the lord. what does it mean because I man live in a world of Babylon and if I and I are fighting for justice and Equality by any means necessary does it make it righteous or not? am only 24 years of age and temptation of the woman body runs throw out my body am i Wrong if i feed my temptation what it wants?

One Love Rastafari Rule All Pass the message.... Selassie I

Messenger: righteous not criminal Sent: 3/11/2012 2:26:08 PM

Be clean to the Lord means keep the Lords Covenant as laid out in the 10 Commandment and Leviticus.
Keep the code.

All 12 tribe should keep the code, but when Jah Covenant is broken, the sin needs to be paid for.
It was also common practice for the Levite Priests to offer regular sacrife to JAH, for any sin committed.

Also, on the Sabbath, the regular sacrifice of Wine and unlevened bread was given. This sacrifice was given not for a specific crime but to pay for crimes had been committed that they did not know about (or by accident). So as to make sure not to offend JAH.

This payment system was set up by JAH through Moses, so as to make regular practice keeping the Holy books and to keep society clean.
Those who broke Holy Law, had to either pay for their sin, or where the sin was severe, would have to be punished accordingly, at times even with their life (rape/slander/murder etc.)

This LAW SYSTEM was devised to KEEP SOCIETY SAFE, HAPPY and PURE(with focus on HOLY LIFE and not selfish, sadistic nastiness).
(How FAR HAS SOCIETY FALLEN!!!).

Nazirite the most pure of all 12 tribes.

The 12 tribes also lived by Mosiac Law and the laws laid down in Leviticus.

For Nazarites:
The grewing of dreadlocks was not a vanity affair as it is with many western pop gangsta rasta.

The Dreadlocks were grown to give the dedicated more time to dedicate in JAH WORKS and WORSHIP. And to distract the Nazarite from his / her own VANITY.

The HOLY DEDICATED have no time for EGO, and narcissism.
Shame most people misunderstand. As most western rasta who have not embraced the spiritual side. Are more nacisstic with their locks than when without.

Not that I have a problem with locks. But people must understand their purpose was not to look cool, but quiet the reverse.
As the society that they came from, to have dread locks was considered less attractive than having them.

To dread your hair you sacrifice your appearance in the dedicated service of Jah/Yahwah/Jahovah/Rastafari

The historical land in which the 12 tribes lived, was one where men and woman spent a lot of time looking after their appearance.
Grewing dread locks, seperated Nazarite from the mainstream society, and put them aside for special purpose,
for living a HOLY life in service of GOD.

Rasta is more like MONK or PRIEST not Rap Star Gangsta Drug Dealer Mafia or Rock Star. People do not understand. And with their misunderstanding they SOIL the land they walk on and devalue the Rasta Nazarite legend and legacy and likely offend JAH!!!

Shame.

Now, I am sure your motives are sincere. I recommend that you research the original Nazarite code and the Abrahamic religion that original Nazarite followed. I am sure that sex is not one of the sins unless that sex is with other mans woman. (Thou shall NOT commit adultery!!!).
If you can find a woman to be wive. Then good. Even better.
Especially if you can find one that isnt material or mad.

Good luck. Peace and love.
Share the Love.
Dont give in to temptation to become one of the wolf pack.
Live in Jah Love!

Messenger: Binghi2007 Sent: 3/11/2012 3:51:33 PM

Respect Brethren

Now when you said....
"Rasta is more like MONK or PRIEST not Rap Star Gangsta Drug Dealer Mafia or Rock Star. People do not understand. And with their misunderstanding they SOIL the land they walk on and devalue the Rasta Nazarite legend and legacy and likely offend JAH!!!"

was that answering my question about fighting for freedom and equality by any means necessarily. Because i know the true definition of being a real Rasta its just that when evil comes forth in my path and i get up and move from it but it consistently follows me around like my shadow and I decide to confront them who are wicked would that make me unrighteous and unclean in the eyes of the MOST High. if that's the case i cant fully transition to becoming a full time Rasta SEEN.

Bless

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/11/2012 5:21:26 PM

Greetings. D I should b careful with d rest of d vow. Some parts of it is agaist rasta livity. E.g. Numbers 6:10,11 n 14 where it talks about animal sacrifice (offering of pigeons n lamb). No killin of inocent Jah creatures. As fo de locks, der ar not only fo nizerite people but anyone dat embrace black pride. Locks have bn here ina Arica long before d nazerite vow n d bible were made. Many black people hair used to lock since der was no comb n chemical to make it straight. It's cool to hav locks, it is beuty. Only mentaly enlaved black people find it disgusting. Yes I.

Messenger: Binghi2007 Sent: 3/11/2012 6:41:32 PM

Good Day Mi Lord ya think ya can answer the bottom questions. As I n I meditate we can't help but ponder on it..

The question to day is based on the old testament and the new testament. know i been living the Rastafari levity with the basic vows for 2 years and a half but i been a Rasta from birth. my understanding Rastas believe in the Old testament more then the New Testament. This is were my misunderstanding of things began if the Rastas except Revelation that the conquering lion of Judah Rastafari come upon the nations as Selassie I does it not make the old Testament obsolete and the vows no longer? because excepting the new Testament means more then Revelation you have to follow what is in the beginning not just the end seen?

The Righteous will cross the 4 Seas to the land of His Majesty...

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/11/2012 11:42:57 PM

If you can control your tounge(food, self control)(words also)
Then you can find it easy to control the temptation of womben, learn to look at them with out lust and just pure love with no selfish fleshy desire, jus love heart to all with all, look upon them as sisters of the lord and as mothers, lust is poison, man and wombon is a sacred relation that should be mended together only by Jah and not in vain by man, mostly jah made sex for procreation-to have children, INI need self control if gonna be spiritual and a Rasta, self control and self dicipline is key , learn to be chaste and celebate, but that may not be for you , what INI sow is what I reap so If you thinks its imposssible to be celebate than thats what you will reap in thought and probly youll act that way too. Over indulgence in anything is a sin. Feed the spirit not the flesh.

The nazarite vow is between Jah and the one taking the vow and is all about loyalty and being sanctifyed from the world to Jah. Its a commitment like marriage, a marriage has vows and so vows also come when INI marry or become one in spirit with Jah as man and womban become one in flesh when marryed. Vows help keep INI together in Unity, They are the conditions to have a vital and healthy relationship. The vow includes, what one wears(appearance), the places and people go around, and the things that one ingests and puts in body.
These all take INI awareness all the time to keep vow, and vows just make INI more conscious, be cause Jah is consciousness

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/12/2012 12:29:56 AM

Ye man. Its not about d old n new testament but its about bein good. So when d I read d bible, take only d positive part whether old or new testament. I man tink u should concentrate on d principles of d Nyahbinghi order instead of confusin yo self with d bible. Rastafari is beyond d bible. Selasie I.

Messenger: Binghi2007 Sent: 3/12/2012 3:25:40 AM

Much Love for the reasoning list i will take it to heart.

He that walkth with da lord wont never be left behind... BLESS

Messenger: righteous not criminal Sent: 3/12/2012 3:50:56 PM

If you want to follow Nazarite Vows strictly.
Then you will also have to cut off your locks every 7 years.
How many old rasta you know do that.
That seperates those who grew locks for vanity from those who follow the vows.

Ironically, most people from the outside think that locks are the main qualification that makes a man a rasta.
Like colour of a man skin.

If you are still defining people by the way they look,
then you are still not seeing the truth.
HIM did not have dread locks.

He was also very clear in his speech as to how he felt about colour of a mans skin. He never told men to grew dread locks.
So if HIM is GOD. This is what he said.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/12/2012 8:30:14 PM

RNC

Why would Selassie I have to tell somebody to grow dreadlocks? Some Ethiopian monks grow locks, I and I locks have always been. It is for those who are separated unto the Most High Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.

Locks have a purpose, they are not for a display of vanity or shame. It has nothing to do with display, it has to do with purpose.

Some Nazarites never cut their locks, this has always been the way for some. If you don't want locks then don't grow them, because they don't belong on you. I and I Locks are not a trivial thing for I and I, I and I use them daily.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I