Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4619&start_row=1

making love?

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 3/8/2012 10:24:49 PM

I would like to know any ras making pure love to der woman? It seems we livin in da dark ages n jah is telling all they need to find wife but how is it possible to make love in this time wen everyone is not thinking right? We all thinkin one way and honestly things havent been da same since the millenium? So i guess we just hav to wait till ethiopian new years for redemption? Time will tell

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 3/9/2012 3:40:01 AM

Bredren Young lion
One thing I Majesty teaches is as human beings we are spiritual, mental and physical beings, all of these facets of life are ultimately in our control and only InI have the power to liberate ourselves, look for savation within yourself, for yourself right now. whatever times we are living in we need to real eyes the ultimate control and power for happyness comes from the Irits within. Waiting for redemption or heaven to come is one of your christian teachings and has no part in RasTafarI Livity, Jah Rastafari says he helps those who help themselves.

Bredren there is a big differance from living in love and making love, how can you make love if you dont love your self?

Blessed Love

Messenger: ezeikiel Sent: 3/11/2012 9:49:46 AM

There is no self, the self is the problem it is just an illusions. The self is not really the reality, it is empty and void of any sustenance, this is the reason why we continually fall in and out of love, there is no nourishment. We basically clash with the opposite sex.
This self that we have created doesn’t really exist. Mathew, you say young lion should love himself, but for how long? How long can he remain loving the self? Sooner or later he will find himself in the same boat again the illusory self has no grounding in itself so will be seeking again. When it finds another unreality of which to occupy itself with it will fall in love again only to fall out. This is the unfortunate cycle of the self. It is just imaginary, misery all the way, if you really want to put an end to all misery and suffering, we would do well in realizing, that there is no self, we don’t have a self. We have created this self out of our own inability to understand the reality. The love young lion refers to as nothing to do with love. When we talk about making love to a women, we are merely talking of a biological need. We don’t posses love nor do we posses happiness. They are just moods that pass over us from time to time. If we can get rid of the self the need for the other will also pass and to lose it demands great courage, to go beyond the emotional content that the self acumulates demands great understanding. So in actual fact loving the self is bound to create difficulty, it is not the reality in the first place and secondly out of the unreality love is not possible.

Raspec.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I