Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4618&start_row=1

True Meaning of HIM's Speech on Equality

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: righteous not criminal Sent: 3/8/2012 3:05:24 PM

"Until the philosophy which hold one race
Superior and another inferior
Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war, me say war

That until there are no longer first class
And second class citizens of any nation
Until the colour of a man's skin
Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes
Me say war

That until the basic human rights are equally
Guaranteed to all, without regard to race
Dis a war"

In the early days of Rasta, some members of the early Rasta believed in Black Supremacy. This was likely caused by the inhumane treatment that they had suffered and the socio economic inequalities that they suffered from day to day while grewing up and living in Jamiaca.

However, this is NOT how HIM saw life. This is apparent by HIM's speeches that talk against any form of inequality, prejudice or bigotry.

It is clear that HIM did not see colour. Did not want to lead the African Race in their fight to take over the world and enslave the other races. But his fight was one that opposed race supremacy, wealth supremacy, class or caste divination or any other socio economic inbalance of any nature.

This is why it makes me laugh when people say white man cant be rasta, or rasta has to be black and have dread locks and must smoke herb. Some even think that you cant be rasta unless you play in a reggae band.

HIM did not have dread locks.
HIM did not play in a reggae band.
HIM did not smoke herb.
HIM did not wear RASTA Clothing.

Not that these things are bad. As if you are righteous and are not breaking JAH LAW and if you are not acting with prejudice towards any one based on appearance / race etc. Then you are RASTA.

:-)

For people out there who consider themselves as "white" rasta and who people rip. Consider this.

Bob Marley's father was white.
Chris Blackwell, Bob Marleys main producer was completely white.
So. If white people had not made reggae then reggae may not have ever got so big.

Also, if HIM, GOD does not believe in race segragation. Then WHY ARE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW HIM?

How can anyone who believes in HIM persecute anyone based on colour of a mans skin. Ignorance!

They obviously just DONT GET IT! Can not be Bigot & RASTA!
Can NOT BE RIGHTEOUS and CRIMINAL/GANGSTER (AGAINST JAH)!

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 3/10/2012 6:28:36 AM

Bredren
The speech you quoted was actually a version of the speech spread by bob marley, the full speech was not called war but a exerpt from a address the Emperor made to th UN

Here is the exerpt as the Emperor made it

On the question of racial discrimination, the Addis Ababa Conference taught, to those who will learn, this further lesson: That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; And until the ignoble and unhappy regimes that hold our brothers in Angola, in Mozambique and in South Africa in subhuman bondage have been toppled and destroyed; Until bigotry and prejudice and malicious and inhuman self-interest have been replaced by understanding and tolerance and good-will; Until all Africans stand and speak as free beings, equal in the eyes of all men, as they are in the eyes of Heaven; Until that day, the African continent will not know peace. We Africans will fight, if necessary, and we know that we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil.

Him is speaking on human and equal rights of Africans
----------
you said
"It is clear that HIM did not see colour"

HIM saw, loved and overstood colour, HIM created colour, why do you think JAH came black? HIM didnt tolerate inequallity due to colour, can you see the differance?
---------
HIM did not have dread locks.
HIM did not smoke herb.

What point are you trying to make? What are your motives ?

Who would Jah make a covenant with, Himself? Why would he need antenna to the irits? what use would Herb seve to the most high? what effect or use could it possibly have on Jah Rastafari who already knows everything?

Herb and Locks are important aspects to I on I personal trod to RastafarI why are you trying to trivialise that in mentioning them in the same context as reggae and cothing
I take that as a disraspect to RasTafarI
----------------
you said
Not that these things are bad. As if you are righteous and are not breaking JAH LAW and if you are not acting with prejudice towards any one based on appearance / race etc. Then you are RASTA.

No that would make you a righteous person NOT a RasTafarI person
--------------
you said
Bob Marley's father was white.

Bob Marleys father IS Black God and King
------------
you said
Chris Blackwell, Bob Marleys main producer was completely white.
So. If white people had not made reggae then reggae may not have ever got so big.

Who needs to hear Reggae music will hear it, Jah will see to that, not some babylonian business man
----------
You said

Also, if HIM, GOD does not believe in race segragation. Then WHY ARE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW HIM?

How can anyone who believes in HIM persecute anyone based on colour of a mans skin. Ignorance!

They obviously just DONT GET IT! Can not be Bigot & RASTA!
Can NOT BE RIGHTEOUS and CRIMINAL/GANGSTER (AGAINST JAH)!

Bredren where is all this coming from? Why would you look to another man for the go ahead on how to live your life?

Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/10/2012 9:35:37 PM

Relax Bredren, why does one of the first things you come here and say have to be such a fight.

Nobody fought against you here because you are white. If you had that fight elsewhere, than keep it elsewhere. I and I are not interested in the spillover from your previous fight. It would be better for you to bring forward Upfulness and Strength.

Haile Selassie I said many more things against racism and prejudice than that one speech.

Not everyone that says Black Supremacy is dealing with racism, you just have to Iverstand what they are actually saying.

Messenger: jah_cedes Sent: 3/10/2012 9:57:53 PM

NO ONE IS BLACK oR WHITE! I-N-I IS NO COLOR! WHERE WOULD A WHITE PERSON AND BLACK PERSON LIVE FROM SUCH AFRICAN IS FROM AFRICA IS BLACKS FROM SOME KINDA BLACKNATION? I-N-I HAVE TO DROP THAT BELIEF OF BLACK AND WHITE FOR IM NOT BLACK BUT WHITE AS IN I AM "PURE AND NOT GUILTY" IF THE I WANNA SEE WHAT THEM MEAN.. BLESS :)SEEN?

Messenger: ezeikiel Sent: 3/10/2012 10:26:03 PM

Yes I would agree, the black on white argument is silly and adorned with much irrelevance. figuratively speaking of course. It's like the atheist and theist argument which is equally as stupid. I n I as rasta must learn to take HIM speeches to higher levels of awareness. since HIM is not here in the flesh now his speeches will be open top many interpretations.

Raspec

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I