Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4598&start_row=1

What Should I do

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: flyhighwithjah Sent: 2/28/2012 9:48:35 PM

I am mentally ill in and out of the hospital ,
i recently started smoking cigarettes and cant stop smoking them because of I condition . I just recently converted to rastafari because I know its the truth and nothing but the truth . I wish I could be normal again but I cant . I need guidance on which path I should choose regarding my condition , Its hard for me mentally and I dont know if I can hold On any longer Should I continue getting Help or should I quit getting medical help and self medicate . ... if anyone knows how I can stop smoking cancer sticks please please reply with a solution . Jah Bless !

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/28/2012 10:25:48 PM

Mental illness and Babylon medication

I have a few Reasonings there that might help.

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 2/29/2012 7:14:41 AM

try meditating? build up your concentration so you can overcome the temptation/addiction of smoking?

Messenger: flyhighwithjah Sent: 2/29/2012 9:55:34 PM

thanks I was thinking the same exact thing you were thinking but was not sure if I was right I will try to wean off for a year long process and hopefully I will be able to function without it . I did have small problems but now I have bigger problems since starting the medication . I've been seeking answers and I appreciate your reasoning it helped alot ...

Messenger: flyhighwithjah Sent: 2/29/2012 9:56:21 PM

I will try meditating and a few other things in my mind thank you

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/7/2012 8:22:23 PM

Exercise, eat healthy fresh, live organic natural foods and drinks , spring water, breath the fresh air, get into nature, praise Jah and give Thanks for HIS gifts as I receive them.

Think Positive, Speak positive, feel positive, take positive actions, Be not deceived Jah is not mocked, whatever the I shall sow is what I shall reap. Karma is part of Jahs order and law. Every little action has a reaction, there for no matter what your past actions are bringing into fruit now (mental and physical dis-ease) dont mind them as much as the NEW SEEDS you are planting. Pull bad weeds habits out , focus on planting the positve habits words thoughts actions that are going make one healthy, postive and Irie. The mind-body-spirit is One and they all affect eachother. Live Vital.

Messenger: righteous not criminal Sent: 3/8/2012 3:22:59 PM

The causes of mental health problems can be numerous.
Many ORGANIC DISEASES and Disorders can cause mental health disorders as side effect.

I recommend going through a process of ellimination in order to ascertain the true cause of your ailments.

Write down all your symptoms.
And then search for all ailments that cause the symptoms.
Go through all ailments, research each of them either online, or by reading books from the library or even buying your own books.
Then, one at a time, get tests (such as blood tests) or physical examinations to ascertain whether you can confirm any of them as the cause of your symptoms.

Interestingly enough, in my youth I started smoking pot by the bucket full. Ironically, during the same time (puberty) other conditions started to manifest themselves that also cause symptoms often interpretted by doctors as mental health disorders, but as I was smoking loads of herb at the time, I thought that my problems were primarily caused by over indulging.

Drug induced psychosis is most certainly a possibility for some, as their has been significant research that prooves this.
However, when people stop induging, this psychotic reaction often subsides.

So, if you have abstained for several years from taking drugs and still have symptoms, then it is likely that your symptoms are caused by other conditions.

20 years of having chronic anxiety, I have only recently diagnosed myself as having two serious conditions that both cause anxiety, and both which are treatable.

These conditions are Varicocele and Sleep Apnea.
:-)
Varicocele and Sleep Apnea are two conditions that are often left undiagnosed.

Varicocele can be undetectable on physical examination by even an endocrinology expert.

Sleep Apnea can also be really hard to detect if the cause is something like a deviated septum which fluctuates in severity.

However, once diagnosed, these conditions can be treated!
And can improve the patients live many fold.

I wish you luck.
Cheers.

Messenger: ezeikiel Sent: 3/11/2012 7:59:42 PM

Or you can take an alternative route, which is stopping fighting your condition. Accept it, it is not you that is mentally ill it is your mind and your identification with the mind that is the root of your problem. The solution here is to become more aware of it. You will be surprised to know that if you want to stop smoking you must continue to smoke. Only it must be in totality of being, you must not be against it but be with it. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. When you have the urge to smoke, smoke totally, take the cigarette out of the packet, examine it, feel its texture, smell it, taste its smell. Do all this very sloooowly so you don’t miss anything, being there, in it one hundred percent. This is all before you even begin to smoke. Paying full attention to your every move, then light it, and smoke. Always be there when you are smoking, otherwise it will become habitual very easily. Watch the smoke go down feel it penetrating the lung an all vital organs. Eventually you will become disgusted with it. All to often people fall into these difficulties because they are absent, the mind is there but you are not. The key here is to let it drop of its own accord; otherwise your fighting will not allow this natural process to occur. Last year I was burning up to ten cigarettes a day, then one day it just happened, the craving had disappeared. Now I can be around people who do and not have the urge at all. Be present when you smoke that is all that is need. SuperSmile mentioned meditation; it is an excellent method for being present. But a lot of people seem to misunderstand meditation. It has nothing to do with concentration at all; meditation is a state of no mind. You cannot medi if mind is present; if mind is present you are not, which of course defeat the purpose. Naturally if your are concentrating then you have become narrow and confined in the mind, essentially you have closed yourself off being part of the whole. As said before, you are not ill it is the mind that is sick and it is essential for you to know that you are not the mind so you can drop it. And it is not just a case of being positive either since being positive is an aspect of the mind as well it’s just one polarity of the mind, the other is there you are just suppressing it which will not help in the long run. The mind has two polarities, this is what creates the duality within I n I. otherwise there is no duality in reality it is all one, duality is perceived through the mind. The key is to just watch and become a witness, don’t identify just be watchful, little more things that don’t belong to your being will fall away from you.

Raspec.

Messenger: Binghi2007 Sent: 3/11/2012 8:33:51 PM

Brethren you most think before you do. I to Have a temptation problem that i am working on. If you get the argue to smoke one just think of Rastafari but some time the argue is stronger that's when you have to look with thee self and know thei self. I am not prefect my self and no man is. the best way to go at this is a day at a time slowly decrease the amount of cigarettes you smoke on a weekly base and does your mental estate allows you to smoke the herb if so reach for the JAH Cure.

BLESS

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I