Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=459&start_row=1

The Right Approach

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/22/2004 12:18:58 PM

This reasoning I am bringing is something we know about already. Approach is very important.
Think about when most of us first approach our spouse, the first time we knew them. Men know they just can't walk up to a woman and say that you love her and you want to be with her and tell her to follow you to your home. No woman would accept that.
And the same for women. You can't just walk up to a man and say that you love him, he will think you are a tramp. There is a way to go about doing this thing.
So when you want to teach someone about Jah it is the same thing. You have to go about it in the right way. You have to approach the person in such a way that you will be acceptable to that person. Remember we are not approaching people who know the truth already, so we should expect them to have funny ideas in their minds. We need to figure out how to approach them in such a way that their funny ideas do not get in the way of them seeing the truth you are bringing.
I would like if we could discuss this topic about good approaches and bad approaches, so that ones can exchange our experiences and so that we can learn about mistakes others have made. I think this is very important for our nation, because those who have the truth need to spread the truth to others for the sake of our nation.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/22/2004 12:32:17 PM

I agree with using the right approach when dealing with people. There is a right time and right way to say things to a person. I and I shouldn't speak in vanity. If we can't speak in a way that can be heard, then there is not much use in speaking, because we will just be blowing air and casting pearls to swine.

Here are two examples below about considering the approach we use. I posted these examples in the past.

------------------------------
One time I was with a Bredren of mine. He brought I to his Queen's house and we were reasoning. He had brought I as a mediator between them because they were having a lot of problems. But he didn't tell I until afterwards that he brought I for this purpose. They were speaking and they started arguing, I can't remember exactly what they were arguing about. They then involved I by asking I questions about their argument. I could tell from the spirit of I bredren, that he was confident and thought that I would be on his side in the matter. And I could tell from the spirit of the woman, that she was very defensive, because she perceived that it was two against her.

Both were in the wrong, but I knew that if I spoke about the woman at that time, that she would not listen to a word and would only increase in vexation. So I first spoke about what the bredren dealt with. She started to feel less defensive as I was speaking, because I was speaking of his wrongs. After a little while her confidence rose up higher and I could tell that she was in a better mindset to hear I words. So I spoke about the things that she was dealing with, and she heard I words without any vexation at all.

Afterwards, I told her how I perceived her spirit in the beginning, and that I waited until I perceived that she was able to hear what I said. She looked so surprised and asked I how I knew. I told her that it was Jah.

In the summer of 2001, I Empress and I went to a streetcar stop near the place I and I lived in Toronto. It was the evening and I and I were going to meet some Idren and Sistrens downtown.

There was a man walking down the street yelling at a next man. The man walked across the street to get away from him, but the other man followed him.

The man that was yelling stopped following the next man, and started walking towards I Empress and I. He was yelling "Get out of my country you foreigner"

He had straight hair down to his shoulders and looked rough. He also appeared drunk. He went right up close to my face and was calling I a foreigner and telling I to leave his country. I brought up I spirit and with Jah Love, pushed it out.

Then I started to speak, while still pushing out the spirit. I told him that I was born in Canada. He asked I where I was born. I said Brockville, Ontario. He then asked, "What about her?", refering to I Empress. I told him that she was born here too. And I Itinued to look him in the eyes and pushed Jah spirit out more. I remained calm with the help of Jah.

The man told I that his grandmother died, and he wasn't allowed to go to her funeral in Montreal. He was on parole and when he called to ask if he could go, the man speaking to him had an accent, so that is why he was vex at foreigners.

He said that he explained to the man that he needed to go to his grandmother's funeral but the man still said no. He said that he was mad and furious and I told him that I don't blame him for being angry. But I said to him that he must remember that whether he goes or not, his grandmother will always be alive in himself. I told him "I hope that there is some way that you can go, but if you can't, just remember that."

I told him to think about his grandmother and talk to people about her so that her life could Itinue in them as well. I said that he is from his grandmother's line, and that her life is his life.

He said to I "You're lucky that you are a good man because I was going to come here and kill you", he said, "I'm stupid, I would have killed you if you weren't a good man, I'm stupid, I would break glass and cut your throat, but the one up there (pointing up) told me not to"

For a while, he went on talking about how stupid he is. Then he said, "Someone out there is lucky that I ran into you tonight, I would have killed someone, I'm stupid, but now that I talked to you, I am just going to go to the shelter, take some valium and go to sleep."

If I reacted with force or anger, I could have been killed or hurt, but instead Jah Love calmed the serpent, and caused it to leave the man. It is important to read people's spirits to know what to speak, when to speak, and how to speak.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 10/23/2004 2:58:43 AM

Give thanks for this wisdom reasoning.
Gideon, the I brings up a very important topic on the right approach. This is the key to dealings with people. It is very apparent that what a one is saying is usually not what is felt by the receiver, but the tone is what sends the "vibe". This is the potency of word sound... power. It is the way things are said, the way messages are relayed, that can move a one with stength. The I had mentioned Capleton in a last post.. very good points. Many of these dancehall artists are focused on the hype and not truly getting a message to the people. A one leaves Capleton's show still not knowing the Ites of Rastafari, a one forwards from Midnite's show and feels fully radiant from the vibes.

The tone taken is also a very detrimental aspect in raising youths. When one is asked to do something with politeness and a soft tone, they are much more likely to feel willing.. and the appreciation upon return will make room for that youth to look forward to moving in kindness later. While on the other hand, many times youths go through the numbing process through harshness in tone and lack of appreciation.

This is why it is a KEY to trod Rastafari and be able and willing to reason with those of different "ways of life" with words that resonate with them. Especially those whom are very religious. Rastafari relates to every religion and spirituality in some way, do check His Majesty's word sound and know HIM. Sellassie I is gentle, yet firm and grounded, forgiving and subtly encouraging.

Blessed Love

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/23/2004 12:06:30 PM

True.

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 10/23/2004 11:16:25 PM

Greetings

The thing is with some ones i have reasoned with it doesn't matter what tone i coming with...ones still have a negative reaction to the rastfarI " you are not going the right way". they utter...ones still criticize and ridicule ini livity
because they feel that they are right, holy and righteous they can come to ini in anyway and tell ones and ones whatever they want.

Hailing H.I.M
Sis Susan

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/25/2004 11:22:40 AM

Some people are arrogant and foolish, there is no doubt about that in my mind. But the way I reason with people, the foolish ones become ashamed.
The thing is that everybody who has an opinion has their reasons why they support that opinion. And if it is a false opinion then the reasons will not make sense. So if someone is against something, just ask them to explain why. And every statement they make will have something false in it, and you just have to ask them why they support that false idea.
In the end, after you ask someone why a few times, you will boil down what they are saying to something obviously false and arrogant. I have done this hundreds of times.
The point is that when you tell someone something true they can only fight against what you say using lies. And they can find no proof in creation to support their lies. Ask them to back up what they are saying and they will run away. These people are easy to recognise because you can approach them really calm and cool, and they will end up getting heated. You will ask them simple questions in humbleness and they will accuse you of attacking them. Then you will know that these people are not ready to hear what you were telling them.
All we can do is show clear evidence to people, using examples in creation and in their own experience. Then if they continue to follow their lies after seeing proof that they are not true it is their choice, and we have to leave them alone.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 10/25/2004 5:50:45 PM

Greatings

For some when they hear the lie to them it is the truth,but there are some people,that do not know that the things that they hold to be truth is really a lie.So when someone proves them wrong they just get mad and are not able to hear what you are saying.If you know that the way you are communicateing is going to drive people off, what good are your teaching if know one hear you.Truthfully.I know how to write and have some one completlely overstand my point.(i may be wrong but they still understand what i am saying)And most people that you communicate with know if you are try to make them a look bad.For my self i do not cair if i make a mistake.(its part of learning)The right approach is different for the person that you are talking to,and for what out come you want people to have when all is said and done.

onelove

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/26/2004 1:18:10 AM

Lioness Susan, don't worry about proving things to others, just make sure that you know yourself. Those that are meant to hear will hear.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 10/26/2004 7:53:33 AM

True those with hear will hear,but people most have time and a chance to hear the teaching.(if that is why one is communicating..to teach)
In the bible from the beggining,JAH give people time and not only that he make shore that the people involved have more then one chance to hear the truth.If the person dose not take the time to hear the truth,then that will be there judgment.

onelove

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I