Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4515&start_row=1

Tough times...

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Bless Us All Sent: 1/18/2012 11:35:04 PM

Hello again brethren... I will try to be short ... Times are tough.. Right now in my country there's a revolution starting.. People are sick and tired of the government and of our president. The people are all tired of corruption, crimes, and the rich people who are stealing all of our rights. My question is: Is it ok to fight for One's rights? I mean physically... We've been tryin to protest peacefully, but we've been beaten and abused... Soon a lot of violent movements will start against our leaders and police forces. Is it against HIM Jah Ras Tafari to use violence against those Babylon's whores? Keep in mind that the police brutality is off the charts.. Hundreds of peacefull manifestors have been arested and beaten with brutality.

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 1/19/2012 6:18:41 PM

Fight with Music, let your lyrics be your swords

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/19/2012 6:36:42 PM

It all depends on the situation. Haile Selassie fought physically when it was necessary.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 1/19/2012 9:03:08 PM

That is something the I will have to decide. If something like that is about to start then it will be more than just a fighting thing. If the I finds the Iself in a situation where fighting is neccessary then fight, because that is the I's right as a man to defend the Iself.
If I were in that situation though, as a Rastaman, I wouldn't go seeking out a fight with babylon. I feel like I and I place as RastafarI people in anything like that is in support and guidence through Reasoning and caring for the wellbeing of the people. When something like that breaks out then I and I start dealing with all sorts of madness going on in the society, and as RastafarI I think I and I should always follow the example of His Majesty and work first with Love for the people, and that doesn't just mean defending them from physical attack. It means making sure the infants are cared for, sick nourished, aged protected. Making sure the people are fed and sheltered. That is how I see Iself though. Maybe a next Rasta might say that there is a right time to take the fight to babylon, but I would say that until the I can be sure of slaying the beast, it's best to keep building up.

I'll use an example of a Reasoning I had with a Sister who works with children. She texed I one night when I was holding a meditation frustrated with how the system was going, saying she wanted to tear everything down right there and then like she was going to explode. I replied to her and reminded her that unless she happened to have a crate of AK-47s and a whole heap of ammunition along with a few dozen determined, trained soldiers, I and I would have to be patient. Something like that needs organization and centralization and the resources to keep things going, as does anything I and I want to accomplish. I gave the example of His Majesty at Geneva after the Italian invasion, when His Majesty had fought against the Italians and been forced into exile. He stood in front of jeering Italian reporters and held His paitience and stood with dignity. Then when He opened His mouth to speak it was truly a double edged sword coming of His mouth. He spoke of how the Italians had used mustard gas dispersed from planes to rain death over over everything and how Ethiopia had been abandoned to Mussolini with no material aid to defend itself from blatant agression. People were fighting still in Ethiopia, and His Majesty supported them while in exile through organisations like the Ethiopian World Federation. He raised awareness of His people's struggle wherever He went and provided them with the resources He could while maintaining His dignity and royalty and guiding His people. No man who saw HIM ever doubted that He was still the Lion of Judah and that it was HIM who ruled Ethiopia, not Mussolini.
So whether or not I and I fight, just remember to hold that same Livity as the King and forward Righteously.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/20/2012 12:39:24 AM

If a person is attacked, then they must fight, but before the attack, if the thing can be solved another way, another way is always better. War brings too much death and destruction.

War will weaken your country as a whole, and babylon will eventually step in on one side or another, waiting long enough for the country to damage theirself to a point that they will need to depend on the beast.

babylon loves to see nations war within themselves and they often cause these things to happen in a country using various means.

So be careful before you destroy your own country. There is usually another way, the rich are few, the rest of the people just need to get together and change their surroundings, and that will spread, unless people let envy and jealousy or other sorts of foolishness break them apart.

Instead of protest, get people to work together to make things better around them, and get powerful enough where you can influence the government or bring a new government party. Togetherness is the only thing that will accomplish anything. And if it comes to a point where you are attacked, without togetherness, you will not be able to defend yourself against that attack.

Messenger: jah_cedes Sent: 1/20/2012 4:33:19 AM

peace to the I! I say for certain this is a chance, an awakening to the people that theirs no peace at that place which is spoken, America nor Africa and any other place and the time is still telling i-n-i to remember who i are and where every i need to be for it is still tough in the world! but i say where is this place i speak of with the crimes thats being said? with fighting its never a bad thing to make war of these things, a war can be for anything for it means "make great effort" speaking war of i-n-i rights is making great effort of i-n-i rights see. discredit this generation of how i-n-i is still living here with no answer to life question of how is i-n-i to FULFILL THE BOOK/STUDY so i say dont let nothing bad go on without reminders of the diaspora needing Africa for peace times instead.
chsure one love
irie.

Messenger: Jah Bless Us All Sent: 1/20/2012 10:27:01 AM

Now the population is against any form of political parties in our country... We dont want to see them anymore.. We dont want them to rule our lives with their wicked ways... Last night we gathered... a lot of people came... We manifested peacefully, with messages and all other things like that. But at some point the secret services walked amongst us dressed like civil people and started fighting with the police forces.. and the violence started again... Lots of people got brutally beaten... The country is sick and tired of this shitstem and we are all tired of politricks... I pray that HIM will give us strength ... Blessed love Jah people...

Messenger: jah_cedes Sent: 1/20/2012 3:05:15 PM

blessing love I, where is this place I speak of?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/20/2012 4:16:19 PM

Jah Bless Us All,

Are you from Romania?

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 1/20/2012 5:20:49 PM

This is a type of Martial i would like to learn, if im correct it should be none voilent check this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAc-gQIeAaI

This Martial arts is called Aikido may be worth trying to learn if you came across the opportunity

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I