Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=446&start_row=51

The Flesh and Blood of Christ

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/4/2014 3:55:38 AM

But if someone takes the Eucharist it's not just something they do it's with the belief they are taking the body and blood of a god. Eucharist.... Bible.... All based of religious beliefs.

I am not burning the bible here.

I'm just saying the logic that was used to counter my bible argument is flawed if coming from a rasta who doesn't attend orthodox mass and take Eucharist. Religion is religion. I can adopt an adhere to the characteristics of a person without taking on a religion. My only point. The same concept is within rasta trod itself. We have so any different interpretations and even 'beliefs' on different aspects of spirituality. But the trod we trod is one trod, one livity.

Unless your saying he put faith in the bible.... But the other religious aspects within orthodoxy he did but secretly didn't believe or value? It's all one.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/4/2014 3:59:25 AM

I agree Ark I;The teachings of his majesty are very important in InI trod.and I Iself don't reject the bible and read it and chant psalms daily.eventhough when I read it I have to stay aware of things I think could be edited.Anyway the thing is that InI don't connect to JAH through the bible only.And I don't think that it's a MUST for all Rastas,coz if an Idren don't want to read the bible becoz he don't like it becoz of things he see's are wrong,edited or changed by the same downpressors who are InI enemies and His Majesty enemies,then why should he have to read it?I mean you can't tell a Rastaman to depart from Rasta way just becoz he has his own view on the book,seen?so it's like I said in a former post,that a man does not nescisirally need to be religious to be Rasta,you dig?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/4/2014 4:03:08 AM

^i have no problem with that king. I don't want to turn this into a me vs the bible thread again because..... You already know. But this was just a response to a certain kind of way which was being reasoned to me different to how you put it. The reasonin was how can one be a Rasta if one doesn't use Selassies bible? If it works for you it works for you if not it doesn't, but it's not a requirement. And it's not a disrespect to his majesty if ones don't use it, if they have used their power of discern and logic to come to that decision.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/4/2014 4:15:07 AM

Yes Ras true.And I think one Rasta can't tell the other Rasta you must do this or read that to be Rasta,coz it's not a religion but a way of life,and opinions and beliefs may differ from Rasta to Rasta but it still all come down to one pure livity and His Majesty.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/4/2014 5:40:11 AM

What is this Eucharist?

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/4/2014 5:57:55 AM

It is the eating of bread and drinking of wine as the flesh and blood of christ.the word eucharist comes from the greek word eucharistia wich mean thanksgiving.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/4/2014 12:46:18 PM

FIRE
MUST
BLAZE

Eucharist (THE REAL PRESENCE OF GOD)

Eucharist (from the Greek ε;;;ὐ;;;χ;;;α;;;ρ;;;ι;;;σ;;;τ;;;ί;;;α;;;, or eucharistia, meaning thanksgiving or giving thanks) is a holy sacrament that is celebrated during the Divine Liturgy within the Orthodox Church where the consecrated bread and wine, through the power of the Holy Spirit becomes the Precious Blood and Body of Jesus Christ(!!!!!!!!!), that is consumed by prepared Orthodox Christians. Other names for the Eucharist include: the Holy Gifts, Communion, and the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ Orthodox Christians believe that the Real Presence of God (not merely a sign) is present after the consecration of the Gifts. The Eucharist is the center of life in the Orthodox Church because the Church is primarily a eucharistic community. The Eucharist is the completion of all of the Church's other sacraments and the source and the goal of all of the Church's doctrines and institutions.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/4/2014 2:13:36 PM

GA;it's true that most Rasta don't do that thing.But Iman seen sumthing similar done by a Rasta Idren.He call the Herb lambs bread/sacrament and he say he eat Selassie I as he eats/smokes the Herb.Ever heard of that?and what's your opinion on this?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/4/2014 2:29:08 PM

The Ras dem free to do that. More power to them. Not that that is the same interpretation.
You have a free way of thinking iah.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/4/2014 3:48:26 PM

Yes I;

I like that more than the bread and wine thing.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I