Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4431&start_row=1

Photo of Selassie I's throne

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/24/2011 5:02:34 PM

I am looking for a photo of the Ethiopian Imperial throne that is on display at a museum in Addis Ababa. I need to give one to a sculptor who is carving an old oak stump at Fairfield House where His Majesty lived in England. I know that photos do exist of the throne and I've seen it and the symbolism of the carvings explained in a video but now I can't seem to find either the video (which was hosted of World of Jah) or any photos.

If any Ones know of any photos of the throne or the video, please link them here.

Blessed love.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/24/2011 6:35:38 PM

Nazarite...does the I know which museum...there is an elaborately carved throne given to His Majesty,from India, in the national museum, I've seen another in the museum adjacent to St.George's Cathedral, which I believe was used for His coronation, and there's His church throne inside Selassie Cathedral...perhaps etc...He did have some thrones over the years, do you have any more info on which one? I might have some pictures...

Selam

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/24/2011 6:39:59 PM

Greetings...

Here's a link to an online image of the throne on display in the National Museum:

http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/2267619

as I recall the story next to the throne says that the throne was a gift from the government of India to His Majesty, was looted and taken to Italy (by the Italians), and then later returned. Let me know if this is the one you were looking for.

Selam

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/24/2011 6:49:03 PM

Yes I that is the throne I was thinking of. Give thanks.

Does the I happen to have photos of the other thrones? Especially the coronation throne. I don't think it is decided yet if the sculpture will be of His Majesty in His coronation robes and crown or not, but if it is, the coronation throne would be more appropriate. The only photos I have of that have Selassie I sitting on it with the coronation robes flowing over and obscuring the detail of the throne.

Give thanks once again.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/24/2011 7:42:28 PM

Here's a picture of Selassie I and Menen

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/24/2011 7:43:56 PM

Here's a picture of Selassie I, I don't know the date or location.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/24/2011 7:52:13 PM

Here's another picture, looks like the picture says 1921
(I got these pictures from Ras Adam Simeon's Facebook page)

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I