Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=443&start_row=1

let your light be seen

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 10/13/2004 9:04:22 AM

Matthew 5
1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/13/2004 1:47:50 PM

"Me nah greet no wolf, no matter how them bleat" - Sizzla Kolonji
"Me nah inna nothing with them, the fyah haffe bun dem" - Capleton
"We gonna chase those crazy baldheads out of town" - Bob Marley

Ethiopia is a peace-loving nation. Except for those times when it had to rise up in arms to fight-off aggression or to advance the cause of collective security - Haile Selassie I.

When people are actively fighting against the truth it is hard for I and I to still show love for them. And many ones are teaching hatred for those who fight against Africa. For example when certain pretenders greet I in the street I find it hard to greet them.

I say that all men are Africans and deserve respect. And we should show love and not anger. Every man deserves a gentle greeting. It is wrong for us to condemn those who do wrong and have hatred for them. We are all brothers, even though some are misguided......

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 10/13/2004 2:37:07 PM

Of Wolves and Sheep
We laugh
As though the degradation
Of our people
Was funny
We smile
As though we are satisfied
My people were led astray
Not for hundreds of years
As some would say
But since Alexander
Became king of Egypt
Somewhere around BC 332
My people built civilization
We’ve fought your wars
Built your cities
Cleaned up after you
Raised your children
Planted, tended, and harvested
Your crops
While all you did is take
Our history
Lives, family, culture
Freedom...
Does it ever stop?
My people,
Richest and most denied
If only you could remember
When we owned the Nile
It began in Nubia
Way before civilization
We were civilized
How long will we allow
Our creations to be stolen?
As we
Laugh at the degradation
Of our people
And smile as though
We are satisfied
Fuck just reparations
Give us our continent back
Land of diamonds and gold
Elephants and lions
Give our red brethren
Their land back
Those that still draw breath
Go home
To your mountains and snow
Leave the rest of us alone
We don’t want to fight your
Ridiculous war
Survival ain’t easy when
It’s all your allowed
Provided you don’t act too
Independant
We are not terrorist
We are wolves
In sheep’s clothing
Who have been beaten
And misled into
Forgetting the mask we ware
To turn our howls
Into pleading bleats
As sheep in wolves clothing
Lurk in bushes
Dancing around in hoods
Playing cowboys and indians
With fiery crosses and lengths of rope
What if we were to take off
Our sheepskin
Have no mercy for the weak
After all
Why would you send sheep
To fight your battles
But who are we
To ignore massa’s call
Uncle Sam
Who let us become 3/5 of a human
Because there weren’t enough
White southeners
To have political seniority
But the capital city
Was designed
By a black man
I will not stop my struggle
To fight your war
I will not stop fighting
To die for your
Red white and blue
I am a warrior of the
Red Gold Green BLACK
Until you show as much concern
For my well being
As you do for your "doing well"
By any means necessary
For Malcolm, Martin, Marcus
And all of the warriors that
Didn’t make it this far
I put one fist in the air
Cause no smile can soften
The expression of a wolf
Who takes off sheepskin
And bares sharp teeth

by Empress Nzingha

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/13/2004 3:54:36 PM

"As we renew our vow that all of Africa shall be free, let us also resolve that old wounds shall be healed and past scars forgotten. It was thus that Ethiopia treated the invader nearly twenty-five years ago, and Ethiopians found peace with honor in this course. Memories of past injustice should not divert us from the more pressing business at hand. We must live in peace with our former colonizers, shunning recrimination and bitterness and forswearing the luxury of vengeance and retaliation, lest the acid of hatred erode our souls and poison our hearts. Let us act as befits the dignity which we claim for ourselves as Africans, proud of our won special qualities, distinctions and abilities. Our efforts as free men must be to establish new relationships, devoid of any resentment and hostility, restored to our belief and faith in ourselves as individuals, dealing on a basis of equality with other equally free peoples." - Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 10/15/2004 8:27:12 AM

Blessed Love Rasta Far I,

Bredrens and sistren, INI blessed by the reasonings at this point and to the Most High give thanks and Praises for the meditations. each moment in time i given the freedom to go to the right or to the left and that moment of action manifests in reaction in like. There are no set precepts for each action as though history repeats like a river bed, the water that flows is iternal from all placs of groundation and rain and drinking and cleansing.

all that the i's site are truths for that is what the i's know. Forwarding with this knowledge Rasta trod this with heights through livity, not depths of death that the world fears.

INI be who INI, NOT me.....me is the human manifestation of man invention, which misuses the power of everything for selfish ends by ending life of other living things in the beLIEf of avoiding his won death. BUMBA KLATT... RASTA - NO FEAR - just words, site.....but that INI heritage - not some empty words to shout about and scare others or convince ourselves.....RASTA FAR I.......no fear.......perfection of divinity.

Site this world is profiting upon fears...sellling it on every corner, church, government, household commmerce...

Rasta know where INI come from why INI here and where INI going.....DESTINY iternal, not just this garments of flesh. And trod in those movements

BE aware BE conscious

Ethiopians kind gentle rightoeus....NOT NAIVE NOR IGNORANT MNOR SAVAGE....THe world sites the goodness of KINDNESS, GENTLENESS and RIGHTEOUS as a sign of weakness....WHY is that ? Becuz the wicked want to mash up what it is not.

I found a book of Ethipian childrens stories. As I read it all the stories dealt with good versus evil, tricksters and such and the thread that ran throu all the stories is that the evil was overcome not with swords of brutality, but acts of wisedom and honor that caused the wicked to destroy themselves. It was the patience and wisedom that defeated...it wasn't smartness, biggness nor weapons that overcome. The aggressors that were smart and big an violent met thier earned fate of the sort of death that they feared.

HIM not a big man in physical stature in flesh. I am sure many snickerd at HIM when he spoke to the League of Nations and at HIM cornation, just because of this, the humble spears of the warriors, the elaborate warrior dress that the WORLD POWERS dismissed as primitive ..... YEt the TRUTH remains......HIM patient and WISE....David still conquered the Giant....

The light be seen is not to be bought traded found or lost...it is real and it lives in those who choses the path of rightouesness. Site it in your own individual life, the life of all living things...and site the manifestations of mankind in his inventions. Even in death of the flesh, the spirit, the TRUTH remains....I can bemoan the "death" of the ancestors, but they like me he u she are the vessels of TRUTH that has paved the way for this day and if they did not take it upon themselves, it would fall to u, he me, she.

They did not fear death in the body.....and that is INI call. INI cannot let the love of our body oveshadow the purpose of INI LIVITY.

ONE LOVE
ONE AIM
ONE DESTINY

Selassie I
RASTA FAR I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/15/2004 10:25:46 AM

Thank you Nefertiti. I hope I can hear that kind of reasoning more and more.
Nevertheless, I have to say that there is a right choice and a wrong choice. There ARE precepts in our choices. Do good is a spiritual guidance with a physical manifestation. One can only choose one path, and that is the manifestation of righteousness. It is pre-ordained the path that INI trod.
The I seem to be dividing flesh from spirit, but it is one. As INI can see man is spirit manifest as flesh - trinity.
Do the I site? It is one creation and INI have the choice, but in the end INI will only choose one path. This is the power of the trinity - spirit of love manifest in actions of flesh. No division, spirit and flesh is one thing. Spirit=Irit.
Those who live in the spirit world and forget the flesh are not living the full life, because they are dreaming about things to come. INI live in the here and now, and INI live in flesh. This flesh is not just a garment, it is INI. Many leave them flesh behind because they forget what they are. Remember mother earth. INI can't forget INI mother, earth.
Ones speak of retaliation against downpressors, but they are focusing on part and forgetting the whole. INI do not need to retaliate, because downpressors must fade away in the right time. Those who judge will be judged, it is natural because as you judge one you judge all, including yourself.
That is why INI don't judge and don't practice recrimination judgment or retaliation judgment. INI blaze fire with words of truth without impartiality. The wickedness in earth will fade in due course.
I am not saying that INI should do nothing about the wickedness except talk. There is a time for physical action, but not in retaliation. INI sacrifice ones for the good of all, because it is good to kill at times. No revenge, just love and peace. INI know that those who temple INI destroy are INI brethren who are misled, so INI remove them from the earth so they cannot do more harm.
Know that Jah kill men every day, but there is no hatred. Only love. Jah kill ones to promote peace and love in earth.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 10/15/2004 2:32:46 PM

BLessed Love RASTA FAR I
Haile I Selassie I

NO FEAR-POWER OF THE TRINITY

Ras Gideon I read the post and blessed INI with reasoning. INI site that the Trinity is manifest in many ways BODY MIND AND SOUL PRPHET PRIEST AND KING FATHER SON AND WHOLLY SPIRIT EARTH AIR WATER

The spirit manifests in the flesh but it is not the flesh ans thier are many walking deads all around the I. FLESH is a mere garment. Remember the old saying clothes make the man ? WEll that is Babylonian way of acceptance of the the forces of evil which is death. The spirit dwellls in the flesh and like ragged dirty clothes u chose to clean repair those clothes or throw them off... LEAVE the clothes...that is the perfetion of INI spirit. Those clothes do not cease to exist, someone else may come a long and pick them up and put them on....For whatever reason....THe physical body may continue to function doing all those things that bodies, which include the mind, desires to do, including rationalizing whatever wickedness it pleases. The spirit of the most high dwells amongst man and through man...but is not the spieces of man. SITE. THe creator not a man. THe creator is all of living energy manifesting through all of creation.

When the body dies the spirit does not die. Site. Know that though man talk about the population of the world in numerical terms... it is an illusion of man's invented perception. MOST are walking deads. and they cannot do anything to INI. Rasta FAr I.

That is why the 144,000(in the book of revelations) is relevant in those terms of numerical populations....but it is still a shallow comfort to those who fear the death of the body, knowing the shortfall of chosen imperfection.

Perfection not in the site of judgement bredren. JUDGEMENT is by a JUDGE WHO CONVICTS and hands down sentence. JUSTICE is truth.... so the only justice comes from the truth. That is why i judge no one....speaking what is truth is not judgement. JUSTICE is carried out in mystical ways through the laws of nature, not thru some $Hit$tem of self appointed legalists. Site when Cain killed Abel, there was not even a law against killing, yet the moment that cain did such a thing his conscious convicted him. ANd in fact he passed on his own sentence.(his own death, he feared as he assumed the power over that he took his own brother's life, his own could be taken from him...but it wasn't at that time JAH passed on that CAIN would not be relieved from life, rather that he recieved what he feared more, aloneness and suspicion, always having to look over his shoulder for this own power of murder to be wrought upon him.

Bredren as for Jah killing.....No way.... Jah kill nothing....Man does the killing in the name of Jah in hopes that they can wipe the blood of thier sin off. BUMBA KLATT. That is what these religions be teaching....Well that make no reasonment at all. what sort of living thing reproduces itself only to kill it ? Killing is fear fear fear no other reasonment for killing.

No sacrafice either. Sacrafice a relgious rite of passage to continue to sin. JAH Is not interested in his creation destroying one another. That is fearing that death of the flesh will overtake the spirit of perfection.

IN live collectively, making movements through Iration to all glory of the most high, who is the organic nature of INI. DOING what is RIGHT.......is postive.....not do-gooders. No one is misled, untill they give up them selves to another man to tell them how to live, SITE?

LOVE is the only law to obey......

What is love ?

Thanks and praises to the most High Haile I Selassie I

RASTA FAR I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/16/2004 2:34:46 AM

I posted a reasoning related to this discussion.

Example of Jah

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/16/2004 3:40:00 PM

Jah creates creation, and there are physical laws. Two objects cannot be in the same place at the same time, etc. These are physical laws.
Creation is Jah. How can you say numbers are an illusion? Do you question reality itself?
I know that there is one force behind it all. Maybe what you are getting at is that illusion when people feel that one thing is not connected to everything else. But don't say that numbers are an illusion. INI are one, but then again I am one, and the I is another one. Are you denying this? Are you denying that physical laws exist in creation?
Right and wrong, physically, follow from physical laws. Are you denying this? Please answer clearly if you don't accept that there are physical laws. You seem to think that everything physical is an illusion. Reality is no illusion, it is real. Law. Creation is Jah.

It is vital that we remember the relationship between creation and creator. They are two and they are one. The flesh profiteth nothing, but flesh IS everything - creation/creator. INI are flesh. Spirit is flesh, flesh is spirit. Truly.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 10/16/2004 11:18:15 PM

Blessed Love Rasta FAR I

Haile I Selassie I

I site that the laws u chose to live by, whatever they be ... u are free to do so-whether or not ini varify them accept or approve them. Call them whatever laws - boundries - limitations u want......u define what is right and wrong.....by how u site the creator....no what me he she u "think".

Numbers are an illusion...ini just worded that through the sound and power of i perception, wrote it- said it aloud and u chose to hear it in ur way....

Reality as u want to define it is real or an illusion whatever it is u overstand it as. CONSIDER--- 2 people speaking different languages seeing the same thing will communicate what they see with thier mind of experience and verbalize it likewise using different words and perception.....STILL they did not create what they say...they basically report what they saw with the resources (mind) to overstand it and explain it.

Words are physical, just like the body, the book.......None of these are THE THING...Site? THe book did not make the head, the clothes do not make the man, and the word does not make the truth....They are all images...

Don't fear nakedness, don't fear the spirit and don't fear ur mind.

That is all I am siting...

LOVE is the ONLY LAW to obey.

Haile I Selassie I
RASTA FAR I

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I