Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4422&start_row=1

Rasta and the use of animals

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/17/2011 2:54:09 PM

Greetings! Dis one is a question. Why are Nybinghi drums made of animal skin yet binghi man is an ital man. Also is it good fo an italist to deal with animalst like sellin chickens or fish. One black heart. Blessed love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/19/2011 11:37:58 PM

I have never heard an explanation for the drum skins. It might be because playing the drum brings life in the dead skin in the form of Iritual Sound. That is just a thought, not an official explanation.

Regarding selling the flesh of animals. It is best to avoid that if possible, but if you can't, at least make sure to wear gloves so that at least the I doesn't have to touch it directly.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/20/2011 9:37:11 AM

Yes I. More views, more explanations, more overstanding, more irits, more fire. Giv thanks fo yo sharings Bro. Selah

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/22/2011 12:34:44 PM

I know of a few RastafarI people who eat strictly Ital with no meat, but own herds of animals that they sell for human consumption. Whether that is a contradiction of an Ital Livity is for Ones and Ones to decide for themselves, but it makes a living for many.
In terms of the drumskins, personally, I would say that if an animal has been killed for whatever reason, it is better to make as much use of the carcass as possible than to just leave it to rot. Plenty of RastafarI people own goats, so if they sell one for meat then it makes sense to I to make use of the skin to make a Nyahbinghi drum rather than to let the skin go to waste. Likewise if the animal has been killed for the skin to make the drum, it makes sense to sell the rest of the carcass for meat so it doesn't just rot and someone gets a meal out of it.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/23/2011 3:18:05 PM

I man overstanding of ital livity is dat an italist avoid de killin and abuse of animals thus his diet is vegan and natural. To I if any man sell his animals to a person who'll kill dem den de man is ecouragin de killin. Raspect to animals, raspect to iration is raspect to the creator. Ones n ones can correct I if I'm wrong. Yes I.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/23/2011 4:07:16 PM

It depends on who the I talks too. Personally, I eat only vegetables and fruits and pulses and things, but I know plenty of RastafarI people who eat fish and drink milk, and are no less Righteous for it. I couldn't grudge a man for what he eats. As much as I don't like meat and the killing of animals, I can't deny that it gives sustenance to many.
They can keep on eating their meat and I'll keep on eating I Ital and I and I will see in time. When it comes to RastafarI people, as long as Ones are doing good works, I'm not going to kick up a fuss if they eat this and that food that I don't or whatever. That would just be bringing division where it doesn't belong.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/23/2011 9:49:36 PM

Truthfull brother. There shouldn't be division within Rastafari because of ital. Even in de scroll: romans 14 ,3: its writen that "him who eateth must not despise him who eateth not and him who eateth not must not judge him who eateth". So I man when adressin de issue of animal use I was only givin food for thought to italists not all rastas. Giv thanks for de positive vibes. Blessed love.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/23/2011 10:45:00 PM

Yes I Nazarite I,

I agree with the I's view on food.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/24/2011 8:13:32 AM

Just to clarify the part I said about the drumskins, not using the whole of the animal if it has been killed, is a great disrespect in I opinion. Personally, I would never kill anything knowingly, but as I said to a friend who just bought an air rifle "if you kill anything with that, you're eating it", because otherwise it is just a malicious and wasteful act. If a man kills a goat and just takes the skin to make a drum or the meat to eat, then that animal died just for the skin or the meat. It is better and more respectful to the goat to make use of the whole thing right down to the bones. That way it's death was not in vain. The meat can give sustenance to those who eat it, the skin can make a Nyahbinghi drum, the sinew can make string, the bones can make all sorts of things.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Anane Desire Sent: 2/11/2017 6:45:41 PM

I man know say not what a man eat buh what come outta his mouth
nuff respeck

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I