Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4342&start_row=1

Work or school

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/3/2011 7:31:46 AM

greetings,

I man having problem working, cant find anything! i've resorted to maybe selling herb, 0ils and inscense. If this doesnt work Jah has been telling me to be a Paralegal or Nurse. But my Grandpa wants me to marry real soon for he is very old and he wants to see my wedding, do i just go out and hustle hard or take my time and get an education?

one love

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 6/3/2011 7:43:38 AM

It is a similar situation that I find Iself in. Personally, I looked for work for a long time and found nothing so I took out a loan and worked on furthering I education but now I have the same problem of not being able to find steady work.
The choice belongs to the I. There is no reason the I can't forward with education while still trying to earn some money. That is what I am doing at the moment doing general labour and odd jobs to pay for I food and rent while I study. Think of the studying like a long term investment thing. It takes up a lot of time but at the end of it, the qualification can help with a lot of things, especially something like training to be a nurse where it is linked to the job and gives experience while learning.
As for marriage, wait until the I has found a good wombman. Can't rush something like that.

Blessed love.

Messenger: RasMoses Sent: 6/13/2011 8:07:38 PM

I can relate.
No jobs will hire I, they look at I as a funny looking dreadlocked washed up hippie due to the mass population in which I reside.
I was recently abducted from I home by a boy's home, who is pressuring I to get a "haircut" and a "job" so I can be a well-respected American "citizen".
It is difficult, Iyah.
Springfield, Missouri is where I reside, I'm 17 years old, and I don't have a permit to drive a car!
I am constantly looked at as I walk down the street.
As for the girl, you might as well go batty (just kidding) cause few girls want a Rastaman who refuses to shave and follows the vow.
It all intertwines with vanity, really.
Amerikkka's "culture" is based on the foundation of one thing and thats vanity and materialism. That is what being eligible for a job, getting a good girlfriend, and such requires-selling your soul to vanity.
Womben question why they are unhappy with their appearance and wholly who they are-because thats all Babylon wants them to think about!
I think that applies anywhere, though.
I don't know if this would qualify, but it says in the Bible "Oppression makes a wise man mad".
Not comparing our struggle anywhere near the struggle and overwhelming scars produced by slavery that still NEED reperation.
But, overall, we are denied our RIGHTS as human beings!

I don't know what to do about the haircut and the job, though.
I just want to live the life I wish to live.
Thats the point of life, right? TO LIVE.
For I, I future consists of living in a hut out in the mass nature of Ghana, raising schools, building shelters, and all that.
But in order to achieve that, I have to get a haircut???
Cha!
Africa will never be Zion until I and I as people accept our calling to raise Africa up from its colonial counterparts.
Selassie I say,
“Our task is now to prove ourselves capable of employing our talents and resources in the cause of the African peoples. The way will be perilous, sacrifices will be demanded of us, our labors may go unobserved and our triumphs unnoticed except to ourselves.
and, in the ultimate sense, this is wholly as it should be, for We are Men, and This is Man’s Lot. Let Us work Together, arm in arm as brothers, that Our progeny may live in peace and well-being, that prosperity will honor our Names and Our Achievements. This will suffice, This will be our victory.”

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 6/13/2011 9:00:11 PM

Rastafari people can seh dem cyaan find a job, Rastafari people should never seh dem cyaan find work

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/14/2011 5:43:46 AM

greetings,

young boy, I Wayne say babylon promote sodomy seperate man and woman lock em in the cages, for ages. Just cuz da woman here dont want a dread man dont mean u have to stoop so low. Like even Jeremiah at a time was permitted not to marry where he was. But most likely if u can work a bit, woman will throw themselves at u. I man try not to get caught up in lust though i struggle a bit. dont seek harlotry for Jah will desert u. I got a girl dat want me to have sex wit her but i listen to my mother and she tell me not to mess wit jsu anygirl i dont know. Have patience i idren have patience, dont be troubled by reason of tribulation. Even bob marley say no sun will shine in i day, never know wut happiness is, never know what sweet caress is from woman. Jah told me empress menen didnt make H.I.M a man, its by divine powers of the Most High, which Rastafari is da image of. i remember i was 17, dats when i got introduced to Bob and Rastafari. I was such a strong young boy training to be a soccer player in europe, working too. All i can say young man is you better know yourself and know ur creator, for da time to come is gonna be dread!

One Perfect Love
Oh Jah
Have mercy on InI

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/14/2011 6:28:41 AM

Greetings,

RasMoses, idren, jus a few moments ago Jah told i to talk to this wombman, but she left quickly once the vibes were geeting to it, and i'm smellin hassama(pork) right now, but still listening to marley at da same time. I jus feel for u for Zion got plenty of afrikan woman ready to show there love to a nice young man like InI. Unfortunately there is no purity in dirty livity, many cling to da evil so quickly so do the good u can today. I man live in sodom and gommorah in columbus 3rd most batty city in amerika. They put me in the YMCA for my probation and I man bash against da heathen everyday! they got a batty club right outside where InI idrens stay. We dont judge for judge not unless u a saint and got a right to judge, but InI can blaze fire spiritually for the bpurification. I blazed so much fire at da batty club it almost turned straight for my idren said they say straight woman who like emn there, and jus da vibe was purified. keep blazin fire in ur heart and mind and people hearts. Like i said it shall be dread a dread for i was at the mental health agency and this black guy was sending wicked vibes to my backside strong and i just got smokin some herb so i felt da vibes. I jus stayed strong and blazed fire to the guy and he was burnin and was fighting the fire, then i got so mad and turned to look he was lookin at me wicked! I was disgusted! I jus kept my coo den hopefully woman came and sat by me, and in the spirit i tried to connect the aroused woman and the ''no boundary man'' together to keep da way Jah intended, but its rough idren, theres a price on my head so high here, i'm lookin at 10 months in the joint for this charge and i know it gonna get dreddy der if i go. Jus stay strong Moses, maybe u lead da people back to Zion one day, heres a song from da Boboashanti sizzla, hopefully put a lil fire in u and get ur blood flowing, enjoy, One Perfect Love

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 6/14/2011 8:49:09 AM

Fikre Jahnoi, that is truth what the I said there.

In this time, jobs are scarce but work is always there to be done. When a man works for the upliftment of the community for no pay then people recognise the man's works and pay it forward.
At the moment, I and some of I friends are working on a community project to give the people some land and some skills so they can till the soil and grow a little food. People around see I and I working and they help us along. So far I and I haven't even had to pay for most of the tools and equipment since people have given it to us with no charge. And when someone has a little work they don't mind paying to get done, I and I are the first people they come to because they know I and I are reliable and trustworthy but are unemployed and struggling with money.

I and I always reap the seeds that I and I sow, so sow good seeds among the people and everyone reaps a good crop from it.

Blessed love.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I