Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4319&start_row=1

Culture

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 5/8/2011 7:42:51 AM

What do InI think of when I hear this word. I think of who I am and where InI come from. Some place it in a lifestyle like they are cultured. The word is used in many ways, how do the Idrens use this word or think what it should mean?

Blessings
bredren aaron

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 5/8/2011 8:20:04 AM

To I, culture is a system of behaviors, actions, thoughts and ideas that surround every aspect of life. Culture can be negative and positive and surround literally anything. I and I can speak of a national culture that is shared by whole nations of people. I and I can speak of a local culture that applies to localalised groups of people. I and I can speak of the culture surrounding specific passtimes and locations like say, the culture of pubs or bars. People can be a part of any number of different cultures of varying sizes and kinds depending on where they are, who they are and what they are doing.
For example, when I and I are holding a meditation, reading scripture and praying, I and I are firmly in RastafarI culture territory. Later in the day, I and I might go to see some friends who are not RastafarI, and though I and I are still holding the RastafarI culture through the way I and I behave and think, if I and I are talking to those friends about a movie they saw then I and I would be participating in part of movie culture. An example of local culture from I life would be back in I home village where there is an event called the barrel rolling each year. When I attend that with I friends, I am still holding I RastafarI culture and at the same time participating in the culture of I village.

Hope that makes it clear.

Blessed love.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 5/8/2011 8:49:07 AM

Yes I, culture is used in many ways as the I has shown. I give thanks for the examples.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I