Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=431&start_row=1

Selassie I's Denial

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/29/2004 6:55:31 PM

Give thanks My lords and princesses. Selassie I Lives. I have seen these so called messian dreads who fight down Selassie I. They no see His Divinty like true Rastafari. Plus they say that Selassie I denied being Christ, which to the word of Bongo Time is not what happened. Jamaican Government was asking Selassie I to come to Jamaica to tell the people dem that He was not God. But when HIM come, out of all government officals and so forth the onyl man to get through was a Rastaman, Planno. When the Kign met with the Bredren, He asked them why they wore their dreads, they replied that is was their covenant and when they said this He clapped His hands and laughed. He then told them that they were linked in blood with the ethiopians, blood brothers. Then HIM say "Leave them alone, for they know what they are doing." Even if His Majesty say, "I am a man, and man can't worship man." HE can't say He is God. It goes against the prophecy. HIM not suposed to say "I am God" the scripture declares that when others do that they will be a deciever and an anti christ. Also if I dem want to check it out, Revelation 19 states that the KIng of kings had a name written oh HIM that know one knew but He Himself. So only HE knew what His true Name was.

Rastafari

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 9/30/2004 12:12:53 PM

Ah true that, Iyah!
I also know that Reasoning of Bongo Time... but what these Christaisn Dreads use to deny HIM is not the '66 Visit to JA but the Interview in the train in Canada in '68. This interview was mis-translated!

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/30/2004 12:52:03 PM

Yes I my lord! Give thanks for I and I fight this good fight till HIM come to wipe wickness from the face of this Earth. I have never heard that the interview had been mistranlated. I man would like to reason with the I more on this. The Messian Dreads use Bob Marley, Jacob Miller, Garnett Silk, and Peter Tosh as some sort of example. It was reported that these men converted to Ethiopian Orthodox before they died. In that same article it says that some of these people may have secretly held on to His Majestys divinty. But in order to be baptized in the EOC you must denounce Selassie as a God. The Abuna says that when His Majesty returned to Ethiopia He told the Abuna that He wanted to establish the EOC in Jamaica to convert Rastas. I find this to be ridiculous. Why wouldn't HIM say that? He's the King of kings. He doesn't need someone else to say what needs to be said. Who spoke His words at the League of Nations? HIM!!! Not no one else. Every speech He ever wrote HIM spoke. He doesn't need a mediator. The Jamaican government had been pleading to His Majesty for the longest time to come to Jamaica to tell Rastafari that HIM was not God. When HIM come He tell them that Rasta know what they do. More fire fi dem who come fi appose INI King. Ya can't stop Rasta.

Messian Dread? Ya no dread, but a baldhead in a dreadlocks clothing.

Hail King Selassie I, Christ as King on the Throne of David. To those who don;t know, this is why it is called Revelation.

First time round Jesus Christ is a Jew, Revelation time come now when Jesus Christ returns as Haile Selassie as a Christian. Seen. So Christians come from a Jew, INI Rastafari come from a Jewish Christian.

Chant Rastas Chant, for Babylon comes to fool even the elect. But I man am strictly Nyahbinghi, like our elders, and we na come fi bow to dem rasta.

Haile I Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Declare yourselfs.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/5/2004 10:28:35 PM

DreadNut, what the I is saying is true. I reasoned about this before, I will post the reasonings to show the I.

Many people ask why didn't Selassie I ever tell the people that he was Jah.

Selassie I is a very discreet man. He didn't just tell anyone everything they wanted to know. He came to show I and I the way to live. He wanted to influence the world community, so that they would change their ways and deal with truth and rights. If He showed them that He was God, then they wouldn't take Him seriously, and they would disregard Him. Selassie I didn't come to miraculously fix all man's problems, He came to teach man how to fix their problems, so that they would fix them theirself, and Itinue His ways after He let them trod on their own. So He needed people to listen to His words, without giving them a reason to reject Him, like they rejected Him in the days of Christ.

Here is an example that shows how discreet Selassie I is. Some men were conspiring to take over the government after Emperor Menelik became sick and Empress Taitu was running things. These men approached RasTafarI to ask Him to join them. RasTafarI refused, He wouldn't join in their wickedness no matter what they said.

The men started to complain to others about how RasTafarI refused to join them. This word eventually got back to Empress Taitu. So she found out about their plans and how RasTafarI refused to be a part of it.

When Empress Taitu heard about my refusal to enter into the conspiracy, she told the Emperor and both were very pleased.

Autobiography of Haile Selassie I

She approached RasTafarI to tell Him that she heard that the men approached Him about their wickedness and that RasTafarI refused to join them. RasTafarI denied it and told her that nobody approached Him about the matter. She tried to press Him to get him to admit that the men approached Him. But no matter how she pressed Him, RasTafarI was firm and told her that it was not so, He said that He was never approached. She eventually accepted his answer and she told Him that she knew that He is very discreet.

Therefore she declared that she was very pleased about my not letting out the secret and told I: "I know the truth. Your refusal to let out the secret is because you are a very discreet man."

Autobiography of Haile Selassie I

So Selassie I will stand firm and never reveal things that He doesn't want to reveal. Those that know, already know, and will do his works.

RasTafarI is very discreet

Selassie I is One with Jah, Selassie I is Jah.

A lot of people use the interview answer below to say that Selassie is not Jah. But it is just misinterpretation of his words.

Bill Mc Neil: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Selassie I: "I had heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that 'I am a man,' that 'I am mortal,' and that 'I would be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity.'"

(Somebody has said that they played a recording of the interview to an Ethiopian that said that Selassie I didn't say mortal)

When I look at RasTafarI's answer, this is how I Iverstand it. He showed the people that he is a man, and will be replaced by the oncoming generation. Selassie I was born of mother and father, just like I and I, so he didn't come out(emanate) of God, any more than I and I. Both I and I and Selassie I were created when Jah made Adam and Eve.

Notice that he said that a human cannot emanate from God, but he never said that a human cannot be God. I and I can be God, but only by being One with Jah. I and I can't be God separate from Jah, as two gods. But I and I can only join with Jah, to be One with him, as One God.

Selassie lives by the example of Christ, so he became One with Jah by his destiny and livity. And all of I and I can also be One with Jah, by I and I livity. Selassie I said that "we should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity". This statement shows I that no man, not even the Son of Man Jesus Christ, emanated (or came out) from God. Jesus Christ was born of his mother Mary, and by his destiny and livity became One with Jah.

Jah first sent Jesus Christ born from a virgin, to show I and I the way to live. But afterwards, people made the excuse that they can't live without sin, or be One with Jah. They made the excuse that because Jesus was born differently, that it was possible for him to live this way, but not for us, because we are born from mother and father.

So Jah sent RasTafarI to I and I, to show I and I the way to live. Haile Selassie I was born of mother and father, just like I and I, so we no longer have the excuse that we can't live without sin and be One with Jah. If Selassie I can be born like I and I, and still live without sin and be One with Jah, then I and I can do the same.

So I and I should know that it is not about I and I coming out of God, to be One with Jah. But it is about I and I going to God, to be One with Jah. And I and I go to God, by living in His way, and listening to His instruction, and joining ourselves with the Most High.

Jah RasTafarI is One with Jah, and like I already said about One. One is One in completeness, no separation, and no parts. And I and I are supposed to be One with Jah also, this is the way to reach Zion, because no sin shall not enter in.

Selassie I is a man that is One with Jah

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/6/2004 9:35:33 PM

Blessed Love Ark I,

There are many stories that have been passed around as the truth. His Majesty never say "I am not God." Haile Selassie Livith and Reign. Yes my bredren your reasonings are strong. Many ask why HIM no declare HIMself as God. I ask them, " So your saying that if HIM said HIM was God, then you would believe?" Them have tomany words leave them mouth without thought or reason.

A higher love to you my lord,
Hail IMajesty
Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/7/2004 10:03:19 AM

Blessings to my lords
Haile I liveth foriver

iNi give thanks for all the strong reasonings here.
To all those who say Selassie I denied His divinity just know this
- one of these days someone is surely going to come claiming to be God who will show the people miracles and such and a lot of them a go believe and recieve the mark of the beast. Babywrong has been preparing the world for a long time for exactly this purpose,even before the Revelations of the coming of the antichrist. Some of them even say jesus is greater than the King cause he is said to have performed many miracles of healing and multiplying fish and bread and all that. Them so blind that after more than 2000 years they still wait for one to come and show them this things.
Do u not know the secret meaning of the saying "i shall not trust no shadow of the dark" ?
There can be no shadow in the dark so if u see it its only your eyes decieving you. It is impossible in nature. So anything that strays from the way of nature is false and must get burned.
InI King cometh in total accordance with nature , born of a woman from the love a man to sit upon the throne of His Holiness.
The fact that He never claimed to be nothing more than a man is a source of great inspiration and strenth to InI for it shows that Godliness is not seperated from InI or belongs to one man (jesus?)
but is always amongst InInInI. It is for InI to build upon the foundation Set by HIM

Love Honour and Strenth

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/7/2004 10:14:07 AM

They say that the King denied his divinty in His own words yet they forget that He said that He is the Might of The Hola Trinity and the Light of the World
Fire

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/7/2004 11:23:27 PM

Haile Selassie I Livith,

Yes my bredren, they forget the titles which His Majesty took upon Himself. No one in the history of man carry HIM titles. Haile Selassie I is the Negus returned in this time of rapture and will be coming in the tribulation and wipe out the heathen. May our hearts be right and our words be flooded with guidence and divine direction. I man pray for the memebers of this board will have peace but strength as well to keep up this fight. Give thanks my lords and empresses.

Hail King Selassie I
Ras Zion I

Messenger: christof Sent: 10/9/2004 7:02:34 AM

Blessed Love

As far as I can see, in the interviews cited here, Haile Selassie tries to explains the same thing to the people that His Majesty explained to the Ancient Israelites when he was called Jeschua:
God is a spirit, therefore He should be worshiped in the spirit.
This is still true.

RastafarI Blessings
Christof

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/10/2004 7:30:25 AM

Rastafari Livith,

Yes my lord, in the days of old when men would fall before the feet of Christ He would pick them up. But if He was the Son of God then why would He do such things? Because Jah is spirit, and if a man bows down to a man, then he is worshipping that image of him. Christ wanted us to worship in spirit and to realize that God is spirit.

Keep the livity
Ras Zion I

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I