Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4294&start_row=1

Devil lives in Ethiopia?

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/6/2011 3:01:38 PM

greetings,

I was talking to this Ras a while ago, and i told him i want to leave modern egypt behind and go back to my roots in Ethiopia. He told me he has a bredren who lives in shashamane and said he told him the devil lives in ethiopia, and the devil just visits babylon! Is this true? I mean all i hear is rumors of war in the east, theres a holy war going on, egypt and ethiopia, somalia ethiopia, ethiopia tribal war, famine, hunger, AIDS? i mean the Ras said dont get it confused ethiopia is still earth! So why do the Rasses always forward to Zion if its no better or even worse than babylon, this is crazy. So i'm supposed to just be stuck in america my whole life? i thought Ethiopia was paradise a solution to InI problems? i need some clearence and overstanding on this issue.

One Love

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 4/6/2011 5:26:37 PM

Do you really imagine that its that easy? i.e move to Africa and everything will be irie. Foolish.

Its about your choices where you're at!

Walk with Jah, leave satan behind.

Ark I wrote you a most upplifting post the other day.

It's to be applied everywhere everytime.

A spoon is not carved up by itself in Ithiopia.

While he world is in imbalance, all parts get their share.

Fikre wrote something the other day too, about either you are "of this world" or "just in this world".

Jah is everywhere, sees everywhere.

I see the I long for Africa but I don't think your self acclaimed laziness and disability to create work will, or should, be no more accepted in Africa than where you're at just now. That as all skills can and will be improved if you put your effort into it.

The world need leaders that are willing to work hard, no matter circumstances that often are used as excuses.

Word of the Most High:

"To sum up, there is no power on earth, in this University or elsewhere, that can take a clerk from his desk or a mechanic from his bench, and easily mould him into a leader. To develop oneself, one has to develop one's own initiative and perservance -- a man has to strive in order to grow"
July17, 1959

Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/6/2011 7:57:59 PM

Young Lion, you have been on this website for 4 years, and so often the things you say make it seem like you have hardly learned a thing. Many times when I reply to you I reply more for other people's sake then for yours, because it seems like you can't hold any of these things in your mind.

So a man says that the devil lives in Ethiopia, and you automatically believe him?

You said,
-----------------
So why do the Rasses always forward to Zion if its no better or even worse than babylon, this is crazy.
-----------------

Is it crazy, or is it that you don't know RasTafarI Trod?

RasTafarI people going to Ethiopia are supposed to go there to benefit Ethiopia, not to seek benefit from Ethiopia. If you knew RasTafarI Trod, and kept Haile Selassie I words in your mind, then you would know that.

-----------------
A qualified man with vision, unmoved by daily selfish interests, will be led to right decisions by his conscience. In general, a man who knows from whence he comes and where he is going will co-operate with his fellow human beings. He will not be satisfied with merely doing his ordinary duties but will inspire others by his good example. You are being watched by the nation and you should realize that you will satisfy it if you do good; but if, on the contrary, you do evil, it will lose its hope and its confidence in you.

Though life is short, one should live and act in such a way that his achievements will bring him and his country a good name forever. If he does not use his training for worthy ends, he will be an enemy to himself and an obstacle to others. He will, indeed, be sick while supposedly healthy and dead while still alive.

Simply watching other people's achievements is a characteristic of the lazy man. But it is to be hoped that Our students, properly valuing great achievements, many of which are the result of education, will not be satisfied to be mere onlookers, admiring the work of other men, but doers actively participating in the development of their country. Records of the past reveal the great achievements of our forefathers. It is up to us to try to emulate them, for they will be standing in judgement of us.
-----------------

-----------------
It is Our expressed hope that the education which you have acquired here will enable you, the graduating class, to face with determination the challenges that you are to encounter in your future assignments so that you will be a positive contribution to the growth and development of your country. You should be well aware of the fact that it is not mere academic achievement that is expected of you. Your knowledge and training, unless put to proper and practical use, will be wasted like hoarded money and you will be no better in this regard than the uneducated. Higher education which you have been fortunate to pursue entails heavy responsibilities and obligations.
-----------------

-----------------
It is Our expressed hope that the education which you have acquired here will enable you, the graduating class, to face with determination the challenges that you are to encounter in your future assignments so that you will be a positive contribution to the growth and development of your country. You should be well aware of the fact that it is not mere academic achievement that is expected of you. Your knowledge and training, unless put to proper and practical use, will be wasted like hoarded money and you will be no better in this regard than the uneducated. Higher education which you have been fortunate to pursue entails heavy responsibilities and obligations.
-----------------

Read these speeches and read all the other speeches of Haile Selassie I. This time when you read, read slowly and read over and over again so you can ingrain Selassie I words in your mind. Its been too long that you have known about Selassie I to still behave like you do.

Fifth Graduation Exercises of H.S.I.U.

Speech at Asmara University

University Graduation

You think RasTafarI people are crazy, but I and I are not crazy. Are you crazy thinking that I'm crazy.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/7/2011 3:13:25 PM

Now the weak must get strong, they say ooo what a tribulation!

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 4/8/2011 5:19:49 PM

to I ,di yute is like someone who come ask yuh whats 3 multiplied by 3,and yuh think,well if he reach multiplication table he must have passed addition an subtraction already, then tomorrow him come ask yuh,whats 2 plus 2...and yuh jus lef there scratching yur head

more times mi jus see it as a mockery of all what di idren are doing to help

di only thing mi can see dat can help yuh,yute, is work, dats all....if it was upto i, mi would have someone on yur back with a whip to mek yuh work until yuh get into di practice

notice,i didnt say job

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 4/9/2011 7:15:57 AM

Not many jobs for the youths in this time anyway.

Young Lion, rise up and find the Iself some work. There must be some kind of volunteer projects in the I's community to help with so go forward and work. If there isn't any, make it. Find a piece of unused land and ask the owner if the I can set up a little space for the community to grow food or let the children play. Work betters every man and if I and I stagnate then I and I cannot forward at all.

Blessed love.

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 4/11/2011 1:05:14 PM

The devil exist in the mind of the one who invite him to live there. Live Right and nah worry about no Hiv nonsense. that plague is reserved for those who fornicate. nah worry about no war or what not. no weapon formed against thee will prosper if the I is for Jah physically, spiritually, mentally.

The I has to do something, truly. I kingman used to mash sculptures when he started rising in Boboshanti and abandoned that work as man nah deal with idols. He has been learning patiently to draw and paint for the past year and its paying off, highly. Besides that, he mash stone chalice and fireful rods for the Kings. He can pick up t-shirts and print on there. He doesn't believe that Bobo just mash brooms and thats that. He learn what he can so he can survive on many things. Jah wont come from the sky to give the I work, believe it or not. He dwell within thee. if the I pray to Jah for something, the I is still the same one who can answer such prayer. Zion is here (mind) not in the sky, Iyah.
Truly man who trod here should add something to growth of Ethiopia Africa. some mans fear to repatriate because them fear how they are going to start from scratch. they live in cosy apartments and wonder about how they are going to survive in Africa 'because of all the poverty and disease'. some mans. not all. some wonder what would happen if they get 'kicked' back 'home'. If the I know he belong from Africa as Africa is his home, then the I can open mouth and speak and tell the rude boys in them offices here that the I is African. if the I cant reason, then the I will be 'kicked' out.

Again, Im just rushing through the reasoning saying a lot of relevant or irrelevant things.

Heart of love selah

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 4/11/2011 7:39:32 PM

I nah overs
Was di Ingel mekin sculptures fi worship ?

Messenger: emprezion Sent: 4/12/2011 8:45:46 AM

huh are you serious you can go trodding if you wanna but i tell you this them flooding to come to america and any where else but eithiopa trust and know that!
it aint all it's cracked up to be and i am from niger afrika - soon as white touch it it''s damaged goods - trust me i know a many of us from afrika who knows first hand the hardship through out the whole afrika!
Rastas like every body else got a whole gang of problems. here's a few
weed smoking, different houses ie bobo, 12 tribe and nyabhigi just a few and they do not agree nor get along with one another so you see. you better stay put where you be and make paradise in your heart home and work outward with communities and so forth!
EmpreZion
Keeping it real

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 4/13/2011 1:09:58 AM

mooooove yur blooodc""""t SELF FROM BOUT YAH, TRAITOR WEAKHEART

Until InI Africans sow seeds TODAY that ini KNOW we shall not get to reap in our lifetime but sow di seeds for the generations to come to reap, until den African will not be Free

No matter the hardships, ini fi Repatriate NOW and build what we can build, so our children and their children will not have to face the same hardships we face today and by the Will of the Most High they can one day stand pon their own land and see the morning sun rise in peace,love and thanksgiving.
Dem who refuse to face the hardships today, condemn their children to face those hardships

Holy I Selassie I
Jah Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I