Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4280&start_row=11

Reggae Artists

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 4/30/2012 3:11:08 PM

If the Ethiopian paintings and other works of art attain such a standard that they can be sent out of the country and can hold their own amidst exhisbits form other countries, they can certainly help in the efforts to make Ethiopia known more widely as a nation fully participating in the spirit and the substance of modern civilization.

Our customary support shall always be forthcoming to similar efforts in the fields of music and literature as well.

Words of Jah RastafarI speaking on Fine arts

Blessed love

Messenger: Harry Bone Sent: 5/1/2012 2:18:27 AM

Hello brothers and sisters.
I am no Rasta, but I love rasta livity and culture. I was born in Ecuador (South America) and always heard of reggae music. Now I'm 23 years old in San Diego,California and got introduced to American Reggae a few years ago and that made me love Bob Marley's music, Peter Tosh, Israel Vibration and more....
Reggae music changed my life in a positive way. All I listen to is reggae, American and Jamaican reggae and I love it. Its a natural high I like to feel every day.
I am not religious but I have been learning a lot about HIM. I respect HIM and look up to him but some people on this site take Rasta livity as Rasta RELIGION.
MY life is positive thanks to reggae. I changed the way I eat, the way I talk and the way I live and also I started living live in a simple way not in Babylonian ways.And I am happier than ever.
I dont call Haile Selassie GOD because I learned not to follow man, but to look up to them, take positive things and learn from them.
Reggae is not babylon, Reggae opens our youths eyes and mind and makes them realize about babylon.
Stay positive.
Love everybody.
Peace.

Messenger: RASKISHO Sent: 5/1/2012 12:45:31 PM

well my idren if you love american reggae and jamdown reggae then you need to tune in to the midnite band reggae style from the virgin islands plus many many more from the likkle island st. croix i aint bragging but it sound just as good as them but you can check it out for your self just type in viroots.com and your there my idren

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 5/1/2012 1:24:25 PM

http://www.pauzeradio.com/streamingreggae.php

DJ Pauze Big radio Station!

Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 5/1/2012 3:01:11 PM

Greetings my lord Harry bone
You seh you are not Rasta but you love the livity
What do that mean
What did you learn about His Majesty Teaching from Reggae
What do you LOVE about the livity
This is the same thing I post before
You are a reggae lover
That has nothing to do with the fact
Is it the weed you love
People use the name Rastafari to wild
Rastafari is a spiritual livity
When did spiritual become one with commercial
I n I don't care If ones love reggae
Rastafari love nothing of this world
And reggae is of this world
Not music from Heaven
I don't come to make di I feel uncomfortable
BUT I want to know what di learn from reggae about
ETHIOPIA
EMPEROR HAILLE SELASSIE I
MARQUS GARVEY I
AND KING IMMANUEL I
JUST THINK WITH ONES SPIRITUAL MIND
I AM ALL EARS
KING IMMANUEL THE 7. ADONIE GOD JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Harry Bone Sent: 5/1/2012 11:20:07 PM

greeting Elohimras.
I learned of Halie Selassie thru reggae music and that opened my eyes and I did my own research and read and watched documentaries on youtube about HIM and the rasta culture.
But here is the thing, I am not rasta because I dont follow man so I dont call any of the people you named Gods or anything superior than you and me because to me, we are all the same. Brothers like Bob Marley taught me things like that.
When I say I love rasta livity is because I like taking care of my body like rasta do. No meat and never eat garbage babylon fast food. I love nature and believe that nature is God and can destroy babylon in a second.
Again. I am not rasta, and this subject is about reggae music and thats what Im talking about. I respect all of you. I respect all of your beliefs. I love rasta people because all the rastas I met are positive, Loving and caring people.
Love and respect to everybody.
Stay positive.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/1/2012 11:33:36 PM

How can the I say that none who are singing reggae are giving the teachings of His Majesty? RasTafarI people repeat the teachings of Selassie I in their music, and also teach people other teachings that stem from what RasTafarI people Learned from Haile Selassie I.

Reggae is not Nyahbinghi and it is not meant to be. If Reggae is not for you, then don't deal with it. It is not a wicked thing to listen to Reggae music, music has always been part of I and I. All cultures have brought forth various music throughout history.

Some reggae songs are foolishness and I don't listen to those songs. Other reggae songs are not foolishness. RasTafarI people have taught so many righteous things through reggae music. And reggae music can also be Spiritual. Many reggae songs made by RasTafarI people are Iritual and I and I can Rise in I and I Irits along with those songs. Reggae is not Nyahbinghi, but it is also not void of Irits if the music is made with Irits flowing from the musicians.

Messenger: Harry Bone Sent: 5/2/2012 2:34:33 PM

"Rastafari love nothing of this world
And reggae is of this world"

I think Rastafari should love everything in this world. Because we are here to take care and to teach people to love one another. You and I are from this world. And I love you like I love myself. What you say makes me think you follow rastafari as religion, not as livity.

Im not judging. But I think you just follow man. Don't follow man, follow your heart.

Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 5/2/2012 4:05:53 PM

Greetings my lord
I don't follow this world
It would be better if I n I could speak face to face but most di I is out the way.
When I seh not of this world
Christ came with a teaching NOT of this world but from di heaven seen
reggae is entertainment for earthly people
Nyabinghi is for people not of this world
King IMMANUEL THE 7 ADONIE GOD JAH RASTAFARI
FROM WHAT I OVERSTAND SPIRITUAL MUSIC IS FOR GOD AND GOD ONLY
NOT HALF FOR GOD WHILE THE REST FOR THE WORLD
SO IT IS PURE WITH NO CORRUPTION
NAME ANY ROOTS REGGAE ARTIST THERE IS SOME KIND OF DIRTY IN THE MUSIC
IF ONES FOLLOW GOD NO MATTER WHAT FAITH IT MAY BE THEN ONES SHOULD KNOW THAT ANY MUSIC IS! FOR GOD. HAS NO FILT
I SPEAK FROM FROM HEART WHERE KING IMMANUEL EDWARD TEACHING IS
MOST HIGH GOD JAHOVIA JAH RASTAFARI
I don't speak on I on accord
ALL love my love

Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 5/2/2012 4:32:53 PM

Greetings my lord
I don't follow this world
It would be better if I n I could speak face to face but most di I is out the way.
When I seh not of this world
Christ came with a teaching NOT of this world but from di heaven seen
reggae is entertainment for earthly people
Nyabinghi is for people not of this world
King IMMANUEL THE 7 ADONIE GOD JAH RASTAFARI
FROM WHAT I OVERSTAND SPIRITUAL MUSIC IS FOR GOD AND GOD ONLY
NOT HALF FOR GOD WHILE THE REST FOR THE WORLD
SO IT IS PURE WITH NO CORRUPTION
NAME ANY ROOTS REGGAE ARTIST THERE IS SOME KIND OF DIRTY IN THE MUSIC
IF ONES FOLLOW GOD NO MATTER WHAT FAITH IT MAY BE THEN ONES SHOULD KNOW THAT ANY MUSIC IS! FOR GOD. HAS NO FILT
I SPEAK FROM FROM HEART WHERE KING IMMANUEL EDWARD TEACHING IS
MOST HIGH GOD JAHOVIA JAH RASTAFARI
I don't speak on I on accord
ALL love my love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I