Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4280&start_row=1

Reggae Artists

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 3/23/2011 4:48:26 PM

greetings,

Bob Marley- Life
Peter Tosh- Roots
Bunny Wailer- Rainbow
Dennis Brown- Prince
Luciano- Spirituality
Ziggy- New Good Vibes
Sizzla- Power

Just say like peter tosh said, I'm da Toughest

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 3/29/2011 12:53:35 PM

Its not a secret that I ONLY respect Daniel One Band number one choice for Africa!

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 3/29/2011 6:31:38 PM

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of HIMself
King of Kings of Ethiopia

"A purely materialistic art would be like a tree which is expected to bear fruit without flowering and to sacrifice grace and beauty for mere utility.

Our admiration for the creator's handiwork should not be limited to those things he has provided us with for our daily needs, but should include all that is good and beautiful.

It is these tender feelings of deep and silent admiration evoked from our hearts by the beauties of creation that should find adequate expression in the fine arts."

jump fi Joy Oh Israel, Thy King Hath Come

Messenger: rastaman421 Sent: 4/11/2011 10:56:44 AM

I&I agree with the lions you have shown but you forgot Culture, Israel Vibrations, the Gladiators, soja my bredren.
Blessed;JAH Protection

Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 4/26/2012 4:53:56 AM

Nyabinghi burn out all wicked
Including reggae
Most HIGH SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/26/2012 5:36:00 PM

Yes I. Its true iyabinghi chanting is rasta music but does it mean dat rasta can't play or listen to other music? Why? Diferent idrens are gifted in diferent form of art. Reggea is one of the art. Rasta people use art to create self employment. Some of de reggea artist are rasta people and they make inspirational and entataining music. Through reggea these rastas are able to get income to feed dem n deir families while entaining de people n givin rasta teachings. Reggea is a better way of makin a livin than animal farming or workin at a butchery or where dey won't allow your locks. I n I get rasta teachings n inpiration from artists such as Mutabaruka, Culture, Burning Spear, those mentioned above in dese discussion n many other artists. So why will any one fireburn reggea. How are u expectin dis artist to make a livin without reggea caz Babylon makes it hard fo rasta people to be employed. Der is iwa for ises den iwa fo worktion n iwa fo entatainment. Bless, my lord.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 4/27/2012 8:22:11 AM

I agree with BlackHeart
How many youth have been led to RasTafarI through Reggae music? And how many youth have turned their backs on a negative lifestyles in order to pursue a career as a righteous Reggae artist? How many poor families are fed directly or indirectly from the success of Reggae artists? Each to there own man, if ones dont approve then dont listen, but to say fiya bun reggae and reggae artists, seems like babylon religious extremist to I.

Blessed love

Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 4/27/2012 2:05:30 PM

Reggae is Babylon music
The same baldhead that the artist are burning
Are the same baldhead that fill the reggae club
The same ones that sign there check
The average true can't afford a ticket to a reggae show
there are a few who moved forward in I n I. Faith
reggae lovers are everywhere
Rastafari is a chosen few
As I seh before I meet many of reggae Who don't know about HIS majesty
Reggae is not the light
I used to defend reggae years back
My favorite group was black uhuru
Favorite single Peter Tosh
but as I study I learn that none is given the teaching of His Majesty
I am speaking from what I have been trough
What about ETHIOPIA I n I don't have time for no dance club
that all for now
Blessed love
HOLY IMMANUEL I KING SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/28/2012 1:51:52 AM

Ye my king, rasta livity covers a lot of tings. Teachin about HIM Selasie I is one of de many topics in rastafari. So u cant say just because u didn't hear Peter Tosh n Black Uhuru talkin about Selasie I then regge is Babylon. Those artists u named above do giv rasta teachings in their music. Some of their songs talk about iquality n justice, love, black pride, Ithopia, Garvey, Selassie n many other rasta teaching. Millions of people around de world were introduced to rastafari through reggea. So my king if de I hate de music its irie for de I to just leave it. But its not irie fo de I to start spreading negativity yet der are some rasta people who make a livin through de music. Also who's gona giv rasta teachings to de baldheads u talk about. De baldheads won't go to a binghi to chant so de massage is passed to dem through reggea. Besides u also have your own form of employment or makin a livin. When u come from chanting binghi isis u do yo tings dem also play reggea when from isis. Raspect.

Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 4/30/2012 2:23:16 PM

GREETINGS MY LORD
I DON'T HATE REGGAE IT BOTHERS ME PEOPLE TRY TO MAKE IT SPIRITUAL
REGGAE IS WHERE I FIRST HEARD THE NAME RASTAFARI
AS I START TO LISEN TO THE WORDS
I START TO SEE SOMETHING DIRTY IN THE MUSIC
THIS IS BEFORE I KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THE FAITH
I TOOK A FEW MONTHS TO FIND OUT THAT HAILLE SELASSIE I AND RASTAFARI ARE THE SAME MAN
AS I LEARNED MORE OF OUR GOD AND KING
I SEEN THAT HIS MAJESTY IS PURE
SO I KNEW THAT THERE WAS A MUSIC OUT THERE FOR THE KING
BUT ALL I HAD IS REGGAE AT THE TIME
I KNEW NOT OF DI NYABINGHI MUSIC
PETER TOSH WAS THE FIRST ARTISTS I HEARD SING ABOUT EMPEROR HAILLE SELASSIE I DEVINITY WITH THE SONG RASTAFARI IS
BUT REGGAE IS NOT PURE
I SIGHT THAT ONES ARE BLIND TO THE WRONG THAT COME WITH REGGAE ARE JUST IN DENIAL
WHEN I MEET PEOPLE ON THE STREET WHO ARE HEARING ABOUT OUR GOD MOST HIGH SELASSIE I JAHOVIA JAH RASTAFARI
I GIVE THE TEACHING OF HIS MAJESTY ON TOPICS SUCH AS
HIM WORK
HIM MUSIC is I n I music
HIM LANGUAGE WHICH I N I LAUGUAGE
HIM LAND WHICH IS I N I HEAVENLY HOME
HIM TEACHING WHICH IS PURE
MOST HIGH SELASSIE JAH RASTAFARI
THE MAN OF R CAME WITH ALL R THING REGGAE WAS NOT AMONGST THE R
THE BLACK CHRIST CAME WITH DI SALVATION TEACHING
OUR SAVIOUR DIDN'T PROMOTE REGGAE
NYABINGHI HIM COME WITH
MOST HIGH IMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI
I N I KNOW REGGAE WILL FADE AWAY
SO WHY LOVE A MUSIC THAT WILL FADE
IF ONES TEACH THE YOUTH THE PLAIN AND SIMPLE TRUTH
BRING THE YOUTH A CLEANSER
THE SALVATION MUSIC MY LORD
GIVE THANKS FOR ONES COMING REASONING AND TEACHING I N I THINGS WHICH I DON'T
GIVE THANKS AND PRAISE TO OUR PRESIDENT FOUNDER LEADER GOD AND KING IMMANUEL CHARLES EDWARD BLACK MELCHIZEDEK WITH US IN FLESH AND BLOOD
HAILLE I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I