Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4270&start_row=1

rasta

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: rogermac Sent: 3/15/2011 12:41:42 PM

please help i was fetched up in the catholic religion ,i lived in ireland for years ..in the 70s i first heard marley ..i then loved the beat of reggae .as i have become older [wiser] i realise the message in bobs music took a long time i listen to sizzla last night one god [no white god ]the words of diffrent songs and the preaching of marcus garvey and HIM,,,i find it difficult to follow my catholic religion because of diffrent laws and rites we are supposed to follow,i have always been religious since i was a tiddler...i love the honesty of ratstfarian values ,,is it possible for me to become a rastafarian ,,one im ashamed of what the whites done in slavery ,im also cautious about being white where the majority of rastas are african jamaican etc ,,im cautious as i dont want to upset people and there religious values ,,i know babylons european morals are hated but i love the values of rastafarism ,,i dont drink ,,i used to smoke herb but no longer can as chest problems ,,,i have many african ,jamaican freinds but find it hard to talk about this problem ....please help

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 3/15/2011 4:53:44 PM

Greetings in the name of the most High, Jah Rastafari!

Who has never been fetched up in anything? What I can say is that most people get stuck while that is not good enough for some. Forward to higher heights, yes!

To break loose from evil structures and trade for the most High pattern and structure is a blessing no man should neglect, no matter how "late" in ones earthdays.

Rastafari welcomes, keeps, guide and protect all sons and daughters that manifest love.

And speaking of late and changing, Honorable Fikre Jahnhoi wrote a while ago:
--------
"Yes I, if a person wants to change something, don't wait until tomorrow or next week or next month or whatever. Do it immediately, so there is no time to convince yourself of a next excuse."

one ting dat I man sight dat holds people back from makin the changes dem need fi mek is the illusion that people have that time is passing,, dat somehow, it is "too late" to do something

I man love this word sound from our brethren inna di east
"The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best is now"

it neva too late....until its too late"
------

Bless

"

Messenger: rogermac Sent: 3/15/2011 7:21:03 PM

wow see what i mean wisdom just flows ,,,thankyou for the truth

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 3/16/2011 8:57:37 AM

Blessed heart of love

True. InI have been caught up in something before InI reach Rastafari.
If I start to list the things I went through, it would go on and on. Things that can shock. things I used to explore and wanted to explore.
It was not a joke for I to reach the foot of the hill. now Im climbing that hill cause there is somewhere I need to reach. such heights dont come cheap. I am sweating to reach.
there was a BIG gap in I life before Rastafari. even when I was enjoying certain things, still there was something I needed to know.

I remember when I was still in primary school. I used to wonder what if things were wrong how ones perceived them. like, what if InI was supposed to worship the dark side and not the light side. satan instead of god. at some point I started exploring wicca after reading about it in some magazine. years later (which was December 2009), that vision clicked when I was keeping sabbath alone. I had been right by assuming that but worong with the intepretation. InI are to worship the Black God and not the white god. I had assumed that dark meant satan according to christianity and that white meant pure and clean.
I have done so much and blasphemed so much against Jah before I became conscious such that when I first know King Emanuelle, I didnt want to hear anything else from ANYONE. some Ites have negative things to say about Him but I dont care cause I know and overstand him. such a humble elder. His judgements are made public but ones would say he has magic powers, that he's a voodoo man. His power art supreme that even fools can tremble and say 'who is that one and who is like him'.
I dont see Iself trodding anything else but RastaShanti for it art the ONLY way truth and light.
no religion can stand against Rastafari. what is christianity, taoism, buddism, islam? something like after school clubs.
Rastafari is for all and is above all.

Great and terrible God Jah Rastafari selah
King Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: rogermac Sent: 3/16/2011 9:11:40 AM

again i take great satisfaction in your words helping me to move on from a stagnent world i seemed to have got stuck in ,,,i listen to my catholic priest and get no joy or happiness with there preaching and most are hypocrites,,there seems to be no real love or searching ,,thanks again love to you all

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/16/2011 8:50:53 PM

rogermack,

Learn the example of God and Live that way, then everything will come into place.

black imanuel dawta,

I don't think darkness being associated with evil has anything to do with skin colour, it has to do with people's fear of the darkness in the night. Some wicked people have associated evil/darkness with skin colour to justify their wicked thoughts, but that is not the origin of associating darkness with evil.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/3/2011 12:23:50 AM

As black imaneul dawta say no religion can stand befor Rastafari

So no religion can hold the WHOLE TRUTH, for half the story has never been told and RASTA is the whole story and whole truth.

SOME Wisdom is found in all Religions,
but ALL WISDOM is found in RASTAFARI

You may find dead ends in other religions and points where there is no guidance of light.

In Rastafari there is never a dead end and Jah Allways Guides and Jah surly shows the way for those who look with all their heart. With The whole heart search for Jah and Truth; for Jah is whole and complete. Jah is Merciful, Guiding

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I