Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4239&start_row=11

Bobo Marriage

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 2/16/2011 6:02:20 AM

greetings in Oneness!

one thing, id NEVER be wit anyone who domestic abuse i! id rather kick his... and gwan! its more time now certain man and man try to oppress woman wit false doctrine to get them in a tight leash! some don even wan dem woman iducated cah dem no wan woman who's mor knowledged! its so to keep the system of keepin the woman unda him footstool going... a so me hear it go this side. i and i kingman vowed to remain wit each other NO MATTER WHAT. nuff ppl seh rong ting bout him to me and nuff seh rong ting bout me to him. even some close friends of his but him know wat kind of woman i am. i even challenge certain doctrine i hear if it no mek no sense to i. i say i don care if im only one nt doing certain ting but if it dsn mek sense to me then i wont do it! i sight i troddation in Rastafari to be for i and i alone even if i hav kingman, youths etc. if certain ppl feed i wit doctrin i sight as being warped at some point i won allow iself to forward wit it coz none is goin to stand before JAH RASTAFARI on that day of judgement and defend ini. sight? is a big union of ites who mission to do rong ting to ppl and unfortunately trap others in a nasty web and mek dem do and seh certain ting and ting and it get too late to retreat or even wen retreat is thr the damage is done!

i sight dt in this time ini should stand on we own two even if we hav kingman or queenwoman deh bout. certain wisdom we get from we elders wen we obey JAH and honor them. unfortuanately most choose to undermine. its a woh situation dt.

rodding bobo a fake bobo! from the beginnin you must have sighted somethin... Bobo vs bobo... dm fe know dmselfs. selah.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 2/16/2011 4:37:34 PM

greetings,

Ark I, i'm trying to overstand, i thought Itegue Menen husbands passed away before she got with Haile Selassie. Because words of Christ is, he who marries her who is divorced commits adultery. Thats why Jah would not let me be with this girl who was divorced.

Zion I&I

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 2/16/2011 7:41:31 PM

Deuteronomy chp 24vs2: And when she is departed out of his house,she may go and be another man's wife.

The next couple of verses say if the second man divorce her or leave her a widow that she is an abomination and defiled.

Selassie I was her second husband and they were together till her end which InI believe means that there was no adultery and no defilement. InI also think that if a woman who is widowed and never comitted adultry and stayed true to her vows would be able to remarry after some time because she stayed true in the eyes of the Lord.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/16/2011 10:56:45 PM

I took a look around to confirm and in several places it talks about her previous marriages,

----------------
According to both published and unpublished reports, the then Woizero Menen Asfaw was given in marriage by her family, to the prominent Wollo nobleman, Dejazmach Ali of Cherecha, and bore him a daughter, Woizero Belaynesh Ali, and a son, Jantirar Asfaw Ali. This first marriage ended in divorce, and Woizero Menen then married Dejazmach Amede Ali Aba-Deyas, another very prominent nobleman of Wollo. She bore her second husband two children as well, a daughter Woizero Desta Amede, and a son Jantirar Gebregziabiher Amede.". Following the sudden death of her second husband, Woizero Menen's grandfather, Negus Mikael arranged her marriage to Ras Leul Seged Atnaf Seged, a prominent Shewan nobleman, who was considerably older than Woizero Menen, sometime in late 1909 or early 1910.
Woizero Menen probably met Dejazmach Tafari Makonnen (later Emperor Haile Selassie) at the home of her uncle, Lij Iyasu. The rapport between the two may have inspired Lij Iyasu to attempt to bind Dejazmach Tafari to him more firmly through marriage ties. He therefore arranged the separation of Woizero Menen from Ras Leul Seged, and sent her to Harar to marry Dejazmatch Tafari Makonnen. They were married in early August of 1911. Ras Leul Seged apparently did not hold a grudge against Dejazmatch Tafari for this circumstance, blaming it entirely on Lij Iyasu who had ordered it. He was among the leaders who fought on the side of Dejazmach Tafari Makonnen in the Battle of Segale, and died in that battle.
----------------

Many marriages in these times and for many centuries are not True marriages. People have lost their sensitivities to vibes and join with people who they are not supposed to be with, or are arranged to marry by parents who have lost their sensitivities to vibes and don't know who is Right.

People are not supposed to divorce, that is true, but that is because a True Union could never be broken.

But long before divorce and before marriage, people are not supposed to join with somebody who is not meant for them. But they can't see it and/or their parents can't see it, and the priests who marry them can't see it.

It is better for two people to separate completely, then to be living together and be separated in mind and spirit, because they can't rise as a family with separation, they will only tumble and fall with every step.

As I have Reasoned before, this must come first, and when this is first, divorce is impossible.

=================================================================

From Man and Woman

UPDATE December 20, 2010

I wanted to add this here because of its relevance to the Reasoning.

-------------------------
King and Queen can come together in peace and harmony. Before I met I Empress I asked Jah to send I a Woman that will be strong and help I in I trod. When Jah send I the Empress I asked for I gave Thanks to the Most High Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.

We have been together since 1996 and married since 2004. We have never had a fight, we argue a little from time to time, but it is never that serious.

The first step is the most important. Ask Jah for a Man or Woman that will be good and strong for you and help you in your trod.

Next you have to be very observant when you meet them. Pay attention to what they say and do and don't let things slip by or allow yourself to be blinded. The first person that comes your way after you ask Jah may not be the right One, or they may be. That is why it is so important to observe and study and be honest with yourself so you know if they are the Right One or the wrong person.

A person doesn't have to be perfect to be the Right One, but make sure who you choose is somebody you will be happy with even if they don't get any better than they already are. The reason I say that is because if you choose a person like that, then they will likely be a person that will get better. But if you don't choose a person like that, then there is a high chance that they will stay the same or get worse.

Another thing to remember is that it would be beneficial for you and the person to have an agreement that if one of you brings up a problem about the other, then the other shouldn't bring up a counter-problem at that time. Deal with the problem at hand, and at another time (preferably on another day) the other person can bring up a problem to discuss. Otherwise, problem calls out problem that calls out problem and argument can turn into fight.

And when they speak about a problem, first think about what has been said and put yourself in their shoes, and then react, and they should do the same if you bring up a problem. A few seconds of thinking can bring a very different response and usually a better one. Also, when one of you brings up a problem, try to bring it up at the right time. In the heat of the moment, bringing up a problem will go on deaf ears and it will be useless. But if a person waits a little, when they bring up the problem the other person will be more likely to at least listen.

And unless it is absolutely necessary, the I them shouldn't bring up a problem in front of others because that will probably cause the accused embarrasment and they will likely try to defend, and it is also more likely to become a competition instead of a reasoning. Always look for usefulness, discuss problems in a manner that will fix them, instead of way that will cause more problems.

daughter of zion(not a poem)

If a man and woman are seeking to please Jah and Live in Righteousness then there is no first or last between them and there is no higher or lower. There is just righteousness and wickedness, so both should trod towards righteousness and if there is a difference of opinion between a man and woman, they should reason until they figure out which opinion is the Right choice or if the Right choice is a combination of both opinions or if both opinions are the wrong choice.

I will never accept that a woman has no say, and should just do whatever a man say. Many men out there are not good examples of Jah Livity, and all they will do is teach a woman foolishness. A woman should never trod against Jah RasTafarI, no matter if a man tell her to do this or that. Also, I sight that the men who don't consider the instruction and opinion of their wife will be weak. I will never refuse good instruction or correction, no matter who brings it to I. I don't have any desire to continue in foolishness because I am too stubborn to deal with what a woman say. Man and Woman come together as One, and Jah should be their guide and light. A woman often times will think of things that a man doesn't, and a man will often times think of things that a woman doesn't. So as One, I and I should rise and come closer to Jah with One mind.

A man and woman will always trod in weakness if they think that one person (whether man or woman) should make the decisions without the others input or even when the other has the choice to agree or disagree. When both people are free to bring forward a reasoning and the reasoning is discussed it will always lead to more strength, provided that they actually reason instead of just debate or argue. This way of trodding will allow both people to use their wisdom and knowledge to the best of their ability and will encourage both to think more and bring forward guidance from Jah.

I don't feel that I empress is in control of things and she also doesn't feel that I am in control of things. Both of us propose good and bad decisions and through reasoning we realize the difference between the good and bad.

The trod of I empress and I can be summed up in the vows we made to eachother at our Marriage. I have posted them before, but I will post it again because I see it as the way for a Man and Woman to trod towards Jah.

Our Love will always grow throughout all time
We will always be One, Love without end
I ask God for Guidance to lead us in His Way
So that we Live as we should, bringing strength to each other
I will always think of you when making choices in Life
You are with me in all things. We walk side by side
I Live to raise you higher and I know you do the same
Let us rise in God’s Light, the Creator of all
By the Word of God, we are made One

Here is another related Reasoning.