Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=419&start_row=11

We Are All Hostages

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ijah Sent: 9/17/2004 6:11:44 PM

RasTafari lives

Imperial greetings to one and all,
Big up to The Rock,Ark I & more friends

The things you ve mentioned,Bro Gideon,are defenately not folly,to repeat the Rock ...but what about ``traceing`` the money???How can the goods/money be regulated,with the assurance that the goods/money is being used proper,and for the greater good of all things under JAHsun????Cause that will be the next rising question,if not a problem... in this iwa InI have to deal with a shitstem that is based pon man made laws,corruption allover,and their goals are defenately not for the greater good of Iration!!!Likewise for the banking coorporations...the higher the occupation,the more corruption...
Bureaucratie,democrazy..pack of bull....,Tosh would say.
Do you really trust ye goods to such a coorperation,them legal thieves.....Heaps a money change lot a people mentality most a the time..itta disease,a virus spreaded by Babylon...

But again..it a good idea,to earn money like that and spend it that way..InI think that this ``thing`` can be achieved only if ye are able to find the right people sitting at the right desks{hard to find,cause Rasta no get that kinda jobs},,ye know,people whom really have an input at meetings concerning economical matters and policy..
But that would mek a chance,i would say...

InI wish Ini could a say and suggest some more,to get such a thing pon track,but me no know either what would be possible within the babylon shitstem.....InI is free from them,but same time ,we all are caught also,for example,in ``motion-ability``,we haffe live within Babylon Law,wheter ye wan it or not..Evry move one meks,has its reflection pon Babylon also,and this system today has developed in such a way,that those reflections of the mass works in the benefit of their wicked system....Fire bun them!!!!!!!

Good luck anyways,might you start something,may JAH be your Guide

Greetings OneLove&Bless
RasTafari H.I.M. Haile Selassie I is the power of Authority

Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/18/2004 11:06:26 AM

Well,it doesn't require any big desk job. Any ras can start a bank account in a regular bank, and that is all it takes. You can write checks to people who are using the funds and you can receive donations using the same account. It's not hard.
As to combatting trickery and deceit..... It is true that negative vibes can easily come along with great wealth like how flies attracted to shit.
All I would say it is the duty of those who contribute money to know where the money is going. And it is the duty of those who start a program of collecting donations and distributing money to do so in a proper way.
I believe it is not possible for us to create a perfect system, but we can create a system that makes it hard for thieves and makes it easy for people with good purpose to get the money. And we can only use the lessons that life teaches us in order to plan a system.
The natural African way is that the person who donates money is actually knowledgeable of what the money is being used for, and he has a trust in the poeple he is donating to. At the same time the ones receiving the donation are required to convince their sponsor that it is something he needs to invest in. Any website that wants to serve this function needs to find an appropriate replacement for this natural method.
This program we're talking about is motivated for the good of all creation. As we've said, this means that a worthwhile investment is defined by the fact that it does good. The website, in that case, needs to provide means by which an investor can obtain information about the company he is investing in. Also the company should be able to provide information about what they intend to produce and their methods of business etc. so that potential investors can make informed decisions. The idea is exchange of information between those with money and those who have it. The goal that Ijah mentioned has to do with the quality of information, since we know from experience that wicked people try to misappropriate funds by misrepresenting the facts. Basically they're going to try to convince us that they are good and then keep the money for themselves.
Again, this is not perfect, but I would suggest that we insist on certain information from any company that is soliciting money at our site. A truly good company would have no problem with this policy since the more information it provides would make it more likely that someone would want to invest in that company, since all the information will describe a good company that serves justice and good works. In the same way, a wicked company would find it hard to make a convincing description. We should insist on knowing about all the activities of the company: Everything it buys and sells, where it buys it and when. In fact I would suggest that all payments be made through the website so that we can directly monitor what goes on with our funds. For example if a company needs sugar to make juice, then we should write the check to buy the sugar instead of giving cash directly to the company. Of course there would be a limited amount of money invested in any particular program.
The main point is that the website itself should handle all payments and that we should insist that we get extensive information from all prospective companies that need money. In fact, I would prefer to focus on helping companies who give the best descriptions of what they hope to produce and their methods etc. I would also give preference to companies that only need smaller donations.

Personally, I would be in favor of a payback policy, but only for firms that are successful. Remember that our site can provide free advertising for the goods they produce as well as initial investment money. But to force an unsuccessful firm to pay back the money would be wicked I think. Also, to charge any interest would be wicked, of course.
A firm that uses this proposed website is getting a free service of advertising and investment cash. When a company returns cash to the site it can be reused for another company. This is good.

So in terms of security........ it can't be perfect but we can do a lot to make it good. The danger in starting a security policy is that security becomes stifling to the very cause of the program if it goes beyond its bounds. It requires constant attention so that we don't overstep the bounds. We should always maintain focus on the objective which is to help people who don't have money but would do good things if they had money. And the reason we want to do this is so that good companies can replace wicked, greedy companies in the world so that people can have a choice and be able to support good when we purchase the things we need in life.
An employment section can also be added, since good people are forced to work for wicked companies in the same way that we are forced to buy from them. If I know where a job is available with a good company I will work there if I can.
The main idea is to provide an alternative to the rat race. In the rat race we are hostages but we can empower ourselves so that we are able to choose according to our conscience. Then what will the evil man do? He is left powerless.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/19/2004 3:02:27 AM

Gideon, your idea might work, but there are also possibilities of problems in many areas. I will discuss some of the possible problems after the next paragraph, just so the I can consider these things and maybe revise certain parts of your plan.

The purpose of this website is to show people the way of RasTafarI. It was never made to be a business. I am making business movements in the present time in different areas, but they are not connected to this website. This website is here for information and reasoning. I received permission to put parts of Selassie I's autobiography on the website for educational purposes and one of the requirements for permission is to not use this website for business purposes. And like I reasoned, it was never the intention for this website to become a business, whether or not this was a requirement of the publisher.

About your idea, I wouldn't suggest buying the supplies that the businesses need. Whether you buy it or not, it is the same. Because if you give them the money, they can use it for the wrong things. And if you pay for one of the supplies, then they don't need to buy that supply anymore, so the money that they would have used to buy it can now be used for whatever else they want. So in the end you don't really have any control over what they use the money for.

And if you get into the business of buying supplies for them, then you might be at risk of being pulled into their troubles if they deal with something illegal. Because you are doing more then just lending them money.

From what you speak about the businesses, it sounds like you are not talking about businesses that don't take any profit, but just businesses that give some of there money towards helping others and have good environmental practices. So it sounds like a movement of investing into companies that are chosen based on their ethical practices. So the people that are donating the money, are helping a company make profits. People are trying to work to get by and make enough to pay their bills. So how can they be expected to give their money for a business to make profit. If these people are going to give their money, I would think that they would rather give their money to someone that needs it to survive.

I think that you might be underestimating the time it would take to manage a system like this, you said that it doesn't require a big desk job, but it does. It is a big job to keep track of all the donations and payments, gather and provide information about the companies and all the other things that must be done. So would the person or people that manage the system be compensated for their time? If not, then how will they pay for the things that they need. If they do get paid, then it becomes a business where people are making money off of the donations of others, and the donations are used to buy supplies for another business that is working for profits.

About lending money with interest, as the I said was called usury. The bible doesn't condemn usury in all situations.

Deuteronomy 23
19 Thou shalt not lend upon usury to thy brother; usury of money, usury of victuals, usury of any thing that is lent upon usury:
20 Unto a stranger thou mayest lend upon usury; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon usury: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all that thou settest thine hand to in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Another thing I want to say about this is that my thinking is more along the lines of creating businesses with other people and also encouraging others to create businesses together. And also buying and selling with the businesses of your brothers and sisters. This is what will bring I and I out of poverty, as long as we also are walking with Jah. When a group of people come together to do these things, it becomes easier to rise then it is when the work is done alone. I have said it before that I and I need to form businesses and I still say it because this is the way that I see.

When the businesses become successful, then they will be in a position to lend money to companies just starting. This is the money that should be going towards new companies, not the money that people receive by working for the system. The successful businesses will also have the experience and knowledge to show the starting company how they can be successful. I and I must think of progressive movements, I and I shouldn't be thinking of giving money to a company that will fail. I and I should be investing in a company that will rise. If the company doesn't know how to rise, then they need to be taught. And if they are to be taught, then the teachers need to know what lessons to teach. How can you pull out the mote that is in your brother's eye, when there is a beam in your own eye? Cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

I and I can't just jump into something. I and I need to walk through the necessary steps to get there.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: ijah Sent: 9/19/2004 6:00:32 AM

Greetings in the name of The Most High and Precious Emperor,K.o.K&L.o.L. His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I

JAH LIVES

You dig me words,Ark I,and clarified that what i wasnt able to..
You placed the right words inna the right context,something InI not always able to,cause of the language barriere....Me english not bad at all,but sometimes the words need the right ``terms``....

Keep thy reasonings going on,bro,may JAH dwell inna ye haert each and evry day again
Guidance&Protection

OneLove

Messenger: the rock Sent: 9/19/2004 7:59:39 AM

Let each one teach one.I do give thanks.

onelove

Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/20/2004 10:39:20 AM

There are many ways to skin a cat..... American saying meaning that once we are agreed on the goals then we should not allow the method of attaining those goals to be a source of dissension.
The main thing is that each man has power, even within the system. We must use our power with intelligence and knowledge. There are many ways that we can organize ourselves to increase power, and we can do whatever we want to do.
Each man in the system is a worker supplying labor, a customer buying products, and an investor who supports enterprises.
In our present condition most of us work for whoever pays the most, we buy the goods sold at the lowest price and we invest where we can get the most interest. That's basically why the world is in the terrible state it is in. It is a tradition of greed that comes about because good people have no choice. We are so poor that we are forced to play into the hands of the greedy ones, so that in society scum rises to the top and the world is in a mess.
That last paragraph is the basis that we can all agree on. And we also agree that poor people who are weak as individuals can strenghten themselves with unity.
There is no question about our goals. We all agree and are convinced that it is important to unite. The only thing we have to work out is what we can agree on to do.
I know that every good person is doing what they can as an individual already, but on the global scale it amounts to not much. We need systems that we can put in place to enable our spiritual unity to become manifest in action.
Knowledge and information are key to progress. Most people don't even understand that they are taking part in a global economy and that the simple things they do in life affect the world situation. This ignorance is a cause of our present condition of weakness. A good program would be to undertake education in this area, and spreading a culture of knowledge when it comes to our participation in the economy.
Another good program would be to inform the public about the ethical quality of the firms that they support, so that people will be able to choose with intelligence. Ignorance of the ethical quality of firms makes us unable to choose what products to purchase in any intelligent way, which weakens the power of good.
In terms of operating as a kind of bank, it is not necessary to become a business. A website can be used to put people in contact with one another. A man who has a million dollars to invest can browse through a list of business proposals that focus on the ethical value of the proposed firms. Then he can contact the persons involved and they can make arrangements independent of the site. The site itself just compiles information and puts investor in contact with people who propose to start companies.
Another good program would be a jobsearch, where jobs are posted according to the ethical goodness of the firm. A person who wants to do good while he earns a living can have a place to search, where the companies are described in terms of the good they do etc.
The main use of the internet is for information. Information is power. And the people who control how the information is deciminated are the ones who determine the culture of how information is viewed. By focusing on ethical standards in business we can promote that culture.
My point is that we don't need to focus on potential problems. There are many things we can do and we need to focus on the unity that we already have, which is that we want to do good in society and we understand that wickedness continues because good people lack power to make ethically viable choices.
As HIM says, we cannot cause change by imperial decree or by the force of arms or law. What we are able to do is provide the means by which the people can improve their own condition. The internet is information technology for the spread of information. We can provide sites that help people to organize themselves and act well for good.
I think this site is perfect for that, as well as other rasta sites.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/30/2018 8:52:28 PM

"good people lack power to make ethically viable choices"

I have a strong desire to boycott all unethical corporations and their non-fair trade and sweatshop cunsumer "goods".
I buy 90+% organic , if I buy clothing it's from a thrift store or from a source that is providing natural clothing material like hemp, bamboo, organic cotton. Do we know the amount of environmental and human toxicity strayed on and soaked into non organic cotton ? Also most cotton is GMO so it's a bad vibration we are not only eating but also wearing? Babylon corrupts the naturality of human race inside and out.
Where is natural clothing available in corporate America stores? Whole Foods has a small selection, though they have just been bought out by Amazon I'm curious if they will decrease or increase in integrity.
If I want to buy natural high quality clothing it's very difficult to find at affordable price unless I spend time online searching for them. Buying everything online is not ideal compared to buying local. I buy from organic farmers at a market on Wednesdays and Saturday , I'm thankful to Jah for this.

Messenger: Ras Fidel Sent: 10/6/2018 12:47:15 AM

"Penetrate and discern the hidden resources and opportunities that a benevolent providence has spread before us".

It is really a blessing to see that I and I as a people are developing in thought. It is really inevitable for I and I Nation to assume our Empire. So wonderful it is to read brilliant business ideas, nation building ideas and just progressive ideas coming from ones who share in the Love I and I have for His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I. This medium is truly a blessing for I and I in this time.

Our most valuable resource is ourselves and this we must exploit to the fullness. The human resource for the RasTafari Movement today is a very valuable asset which if exploited effectively, could create more dividends than any donenation could ever provide. A challenge today is directly that=penetrate and discern the hidden resources...

The one and most important factor that we all share is His Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I, it is really the time now to focus on this one most precious strength especially in business and govern ability specifically in the areas of Education and Healthcare.

Haile Selassie is The All Mighty!!!

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 10/6/2018 2:50:49 AM

Ras Fidel,
Just a nitpicky bit of semantics: i'm not particularly enamored of the word "empire" in reference to JAH or His People and their place. It implies a lot of things that run contrary to what He is and what we are as a people; most significantly each one of JAH Children is a royal son or daughter having a direct relationship with His Majesty and with one another, not requiring (and benefiting from not having) any organizational go-betweens. Our primary Identity (transcending national, ethnic, etc.) is RastafarI. Hence, i've always preferred the application of the term "Kingdom" (since His Majesty is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah) instead of "empire" or the like.

Consider it for what it's worth.

JAH

Messenger: Ras Fidel Sent: 10/6/2018 7:12:12 AM

Nesta1 one thing we must know is that there exist on this globe many different ones from many different tribes. Kingdom to I goes without saying that is the term to I that does not require any go between I and The King. When I man say Empire it refers to what is tangible today still under the Leadership of Emperor Haile Selassie. I am keen on referring His Majesty as Emperor who is the head of I and I Empire. I do know that Empires before His Majesty did many atrocities that brought even death to some of their Emperors, Not the case with His Majesty.

Now here is where organization, Unity and intelligence comes in and why I really love this medium because it is what I and I need in RasTafari to reason with one another as I and I do our individual works on this planet. I firmly think that on each continent we need at leastone base where we could work and strategize how to work in that region.

You know bredrin I man have traveled through central america, the u.s.and asia and so far in I travels all people shared the same respect to I man as a RasTaman. This we must always look to exploit because to all the people who show us respect the semantics are not important. Why there is such a need for reasoning between I and I.

I have also come to learn that our work is with the many as we earn our place in I and I Kingdom. (spiritual)

Give thanks for the Reply Nesta1 it is really helpful to I and I to know how different ones think as I continue to work.

So that we deliver the same message we must reason I man for one have no rejection or opposition to what we transmit to the world about this way of life that is now reaching a million followers but some how we must get it together to emit the same strong message.

Haile Selassie is the All Mighty!!!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I