Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=417&start_row=1

Kindness, compassion, forgiveness.

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/4/2004 3:41:43 PM

Most (im)pastors teach that compassion and forgiveness are what the godly life is all about. Turn the other cheek, forgive your brother, accept anything. The way I see it this teaching is a slavemaster trick.
Jesus taught forgiveness, but we have to remember the context. He was talking to Jewish people whose tradition was eye for an eye. Amongst Jewish people they thought that the right thing is revenge all the time. But Jesus was showing them that it is folly to think this way. Anyone should see the truth in this teaching.
Sommetimes it is good to forgive and sometimes it is harmful. When we focus on being kind and forgiving then we get confused, becasue we will be too kind and forgive things that we should not forgive.

When a man has the power to stop a crime and fails to do so he is responsible. In the same way when we forgive too much and offenders continue offending because we failed to take action it is our fault. We have the duty to destroy all evil. So when Jah cause us to see evil and He give us the power to defeat it then we must do so. Forgiveness in this situation is very wicked.

Don't be so kind that you end up forgetting where you stand, and what is good. Stand for good and then you will know when to be kind.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 9/5/2004 6:05:14 AM

Gretings Iyah

Yesuah was a Revolutionary, a non-violent Rebell! He fought through his teachings on a higher level.
Let's check his teaching about the other cheek.
He taught, when one punch you on the right cheek turn also the left cheek. When I punch you with the right hand on the right cheek I do so with the back of my hand, in the days of Yeshuah through this I would have shown you that I am better, higher than you... only slaves, women etc were punched like that. So when you punch me like that... and then I stand upright and proud and tell you that you shall punch me again, but now in a way to show we are equal... you are not better than I! You see this... this show the whole mental-revolution Yeshuah intended... stand up and fight... upright and proud!

Selah

Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/5/2004 3:22:04 PM

That is a good point, but what I am getting at is something else. I want to focus on the fact that the true way is not necessarily non-violent. Sometimes it is good to react violently. That is the point I am making.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/6/2004 1:48:41 PM

Christ knew this as well, that is why he threw over the tables of the money-changers in the temple and whipped them.

The reason Christ spoke about turning the other cheek, forgiveness, mercy and all those things is because he was showing I and I the example of Jah. Humans continually do so much wickedness, but Jah still forgives us and has mercy on us. So Christ was showing us how to Live like Jah.

But like the I said Gideon. Sometimes we need to act, and Jah also knows this, so when it is due time, Jah brings forth judgement, this has always happened throughout history.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/11/2004 12:43:17 PM

Exactly. That is the point I am making.
In this time I think we should focus on erasing false teachings that hold our people back from taking positive action. As HIM teaches, it is only through inaction of good people that evil is able to triumph in the world.
For me, I will fight against evil. And when through ignorance good people accept a teaching like this one we are talking about, and it makes them fail to act, then we should make it a focus. When we speak the truth about this then people will no longer think it is wrong to act. That way good people will act and evil will get weaker.
Those who fight against evil should destroy lies that stop the people from doing good - like this one about turning the other cheek. I know that today and throughout history it was this same teaching about turning the other cheek that stop many good people from doing what their heart told them was the right thing to do.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/12/2004 11:59:00 AM

Gideon, the purpose of turning the other cheek is to maintain Inity. Some wicked men may have used this statement to control people and permit themselves to do wickedness to the people, but those don't teach Christ ways, they are only teaching wickedness. And they also have used Christianity to control and abuse the people, but this is not the Christian way. They are false, but the teachings of Jah are not false, Selassie I also knows this, that is why He said that He glories in the Bible. I and I must show the truth of the teachings and not just say the teaching is wrong because it was used wrong by wicked people. Because if we forget about turning the other cheek and Christ's other teachings, then we will trod away from God and his ways, and there will be no mercy for the merciless.

Turning the other cheek is for when your brothers or sisters do something against you. Because sometimes man and woman, through our own foolishness will hurt eachother mentally or physically. Someone has probably done this to you, and you have probably done this to someone else. We shouldn't do these things to eachother, but man and woman do a lot of things they shouldn't do.

So Christ was teaching I and I to forgive our Brother or Sister when they hurt us. This doesn't mean that we let it pass without saying a word, but we should explain to them that what they did was hurtful. Then we move forward with a better Iverstanding of eachother and also move forward in Inity.

Otherwise, if we don't turn the other cheek, then we will never find Inity, because we will separate from eachother for every wrong that we do. Until our ways are perfect, I and I need to turn the other cheek to maintain Inity, because we all slip down from time to time.

When we deal with our Brothers and Sisters as One, then I and I must turn the other cheek. Because when we do something that hurts our own self, then we forgive ourself and learn from our mistake, we don't just give up on ourself and destroy ourself because we are so wicked. So if I and I are One with our Brothers and Sisters, then we must do the same thing for them.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I