Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4166&start_row=1

Wouldnt bite dat "apple" if i was yuh

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 12/5/2010 4:30:34 AM

So mi come across a song di other day call Tower of Babel by Apple Gabriel from the legendary reggae group Israel Vibration. Mi check it and it sound nice, the usual IV sound, hard riddims, trumpets, background harmonies. It been a long time mi hear anythin from any member of di original group, so mi go get di full album. And from mi get the album somethin jus didint sit right wid i. The first ting mi notice was the cd cover picture...an mi seh, wait, is it jus mi, or does Apple´s face look clean ? Thats not how mi remember im. Mi had to go back and check a video from back inna di day, and mi seh,ye this man had full beard before, now him look so clean shaved, wha a gwaan ?

So mi start check out di album, and still didnt feel right to i.
On a few songs i hear the man say "God" and "Jah" , and only dat, which is a clever way of saying God without saying who you are talking about, becah mi know Rastafari, InI say it without any apology, Rastafari is Jah Almighty, InI First and Last utterance is Selassie I Jah Rastafari.

And den, mi come across a tune on di album called, Give them Love.
And mi hear what him say, and he say
"dont you fight the gays and the lesbians, dont you fight the church and the christians, give love alone to go to zion"
and then he continues this line which is obviously directed at InI Rastafari
"Mr Man, what you worshipping, Is it your food or closed doctrine, or is it your locks or what you smoking, Condemning the people is Sin"

an mi seh Selassie know, wha dis man a seh, a ini condemn the people ?
Its not dem own dirty livity that condemn dem, no, it is InI, a dat this man a tell i ?? Mi seh Fire Burn

Then toward di end of di album, mi try listen a tune call, Praise Jahovia
so him start chant , halleluja, praise Jahovia...repeat, repeat...and mi jus a wait fi see wha him a go say
then he start, halleluja, praise Jahovia, sweet jesus, holy jesus, precious jesus, sweet jesus

mi laugh

Now i will say, even though musically one of di greatest groups, something about Israel Vibration never felt comfortable to I
The i dem know years ago dem did a dvd of dem performing in Israel. Mi neva even like the title of that dvd, Israel Vibration in the Holy Land...holy land ? are you a Rastaman or what ?
Mi know Rastaman, and mi did see a Rastaman, a great one called Peter Tosh, he went around the world wearing a palestinian headwrap...that is the Rastaman mi know..man who stand fi di downtrodden of the earth......and to see IV go to israel and ignore everything going on there and a talk bout holy land, disappointment

Now here is something i have always known of IV...from the beginning they have been a part of the Twelve Tribes of Israel...matter of fact, it is the TTOI that financed their first ever recordings.

so Mi really haffe ask is the TTOI really putting the people inna confusion so ?

Afta mi see these things from Apple Gabriels album, mi check pon youtube fi see how di other two idren from the group are doing, and the latest videos mi could find, dem seem to be still strong inna di Faith and holding to Rastafari
so then mi did start to wonder if these things are at the heart of why the group broke apart
I did find this line on Wiki, "In 1997, as Dr. Dread tells it, Apple Gabriel left the group to pursue a solo career."
so mi thinking ye, thats probably why dem brush him offa di group

But all three are TTOI, so what right do i have fi burn fyah pon TTOI jus because one member is a back slider , sliding back inna di pit that Jah Rastafari pulled him out from ??

Hear wha, jus before mi come write this, i had checked the video that Eleazar had posted, Give thanks Iyah...so i was still on youtube..and on the side, mi sight a video that was titled, Great Rasta converts to Jesus.....so mi click it....and mi see this man, cant rememeber his name, used to work with the Bob and the Wailers, now him a sit there and chat jesus this and that....and his reasoning why he back slide to xtianity is ....he say, first as he studied Rastafari he saw that Selassie always spoke of Christ, so this confuse him...and then at di end him say, "...then i got attached to the TTOI, who was preaching and dem say, we greet you in the name of our lord and saviour jesus christ"

Fire burn

why mi write all dat about Apple Gabriel ?
what do i care if a man choose to back slide ?
I dont.
But why are you wearing a shirt with a portrait of His Majesty on your album cover...a so yuh try deceive the people dem

young Lion, yuh might like that album, if yuh want let mi know and i will get it out of my trash bin for yuh...then yuh can both wear portraits of His Majesty and sing about jesus

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 12/5/2010 5:38:51 PM

''and who da cap fit, let tehm wear it''- i dont need ur support fikre jahnhoi, bash my name all u want, i know my roots!

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 12/8/2010 10:09:01 AM

The other two have just brought out a new album still under the name of Isreal Vibration, Fikre Jahnoi. The I might like that better. Its called Reggae Knights and its got much more Rootical lyrics. Iman listening to a song from it now called Haile-I so that should be a good sign.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/8/2010 10:38:15 PM

So it go, some people think they are RasTafarI but are not, so it is just a matter of time for them to turn away.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 12/11/2010 11:11:28 AM

greetings,

i'm probably not a Rastafarian, some say i am though. I dont have locks, i eat meat, i drink alcohol sometimes, i just come here to read Haile Selassie speeches and to egt knowledge and wisdom, yes i fall short from what i say, but i'm not as well educated on Rastafari and bible as some of u. I'm just in admiration on the workd of Haile Selassie, i constantly hear his voice, he comes to me in dreams and visions so i'll always be interested in Rastafari even though i dont claim i am Rastafari most of da time. Bob Marley music also draws me closer to Rastafari. Why would someone get surprised if someone mentions Jesus Christ when H.I.M himself mentioned Jesus Christ?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/11/2010 10:51:13 PM

Young Lion,

In I previous post, I was actually referring to Apple Gabriel from Israel Vibration, as he used to Praise Haile Selassie I, but now it appears he does not; but as you pointed out, who the cap fit, let them wear it.

You also said,
------------
i'm probably not a Rastafarian
------------

RasTafarI people would not say this, I and I know who I and I are. Don't let other people convince you that you are what you are not.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 12/12/2010 1:40:04 PM

greetings,

For some reason i have this concept that true Rastafrians are perfect people just like Christ say u must be perfect just like ur father in heaven is perfect. Because whenevr i hear rastafarians speak they speak the truth and they seem perfect in everyway, very strong. I on the other hand is far from perfect and many weaknesses, so i would never really claim i'm Rastafari since i know rastafari is perfect. Maybe after time as i gain more strength and wisdom and get more dreams and visions of Haile Selassie and perfect my ways then maybe then only could i claim to be Rastafari, but i aint shit! You think ur big u think ur bad, no not really''- when i heard those lyrics from luciano on ''rolling stone'' song it made me think that i'm not all that great so i'd rather become a fool so i can learn something...ya know?

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 12/12/2010 2:42:15 PM

The I is looking at it the wrong way Young Lion.

I and I make no claims to be perfect as Jah. I and I trod a certain Livity that put I on a steady path closer to that perfection but Iman would be suprised if even 1% of Rastafari people have reached that perfect Livity yet. Iman have I weaknesses also, just as every man has them but what sets I and I apart is that I and I can learn to overcome through I and I Livity.

Zion is I and I goal but its still a long and rocky road to get there. If the I keeps that mindset that the I will never progress on that trod then the I is living in mental slavery. Before the I can even start the trod, the I must free the Iself.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 12/12/2010 2:47:50 PM

PSALM 22 for the I, young lion;

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

But thou art Holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head saying,

He trusted on the LORD GOD JAH RASTAFARI that He would deliver him: let HIM deliver him, seeing he delighted in HIM.

But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

I WILL DECLARE THY NAME (JAH RASTAFARI, HAILE SELASSIE I) UNTO MY BRETHREN: IN THE MIDST OF THE CONGREGATION (BOBO HILL TABERNACLE) WILL I PRAISE THEE!

Ye that fear the LORD GOD JAH RASTAFARI, praise H.I.M. HAILE SELASSIE I; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify HIM; and fear HIM, all ye the seed of Israel.

For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear H.I.M.

The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise JAH RASTAFARI that seek HIM: your heart shall LIVE FOR EVER!

All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

For the kingdom is the LORD's: and he is the governor among the nations.

All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before H.I.M: and none can keep alive his own soul.

A seed shall serve H.I.M; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

They shall come, and shall declare his RIGHTEOUSNESS unto a people that shall be born, that He hath done this.
HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI!

DEATH TO THE WICKED AND LIFE TO THE RIGHTEOUS!

HAILE I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI, MIGHTY GOD, SURE TO DELIVER!

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 12/14/2010 9:31:29 AM

greetings,

nice psalms, i'm also learning anew psalms that i got from a ras on my africa Unite dvd, he syas
Prince and princesses must come out of Egypt
And ethiopia stretch forth her hand unto the Almighty
O Jah of Ethiopia
Our divine majesty
thou spirit has come unto our hearts to dwell in paths of righteoussness, lead us
That the hungruy be fed
naked clothed
sick nourished
aged protected
and infants cared for...i know this is not all of the psalms prayer but maybe the I could post the original psalms prayer i'm talking about, and also if this is the case nazarite i, it is true what the ible says, no one living is righteouss for all have sinned and come short of the Glory of Jah!

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I