Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4138&start_row=11

Leave Reggae?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/7/2019 2:10:48 AM

WHY SOME RASTA BUN FIRE PON REGGAE? PRIEST ISAAC. RADIO ANU.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/7/2019 2:19:19 AM

I definitely listen to reggae music. As well as some other types of music. But I found the lesson from Priest Isaac really interesting anyways, and it makes a good rational explanation for why some Rasta move away from reggae and toward the natural forms of rhythm, base, and harmony instead.
LOVE

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/8/2019 1:00:52 AM

Let the sound of the music and what it inspires be the guide. If the sound is good and it inspires a positive vibration, Love, forgiveness within and Inity then it's a good influence and a blessing. If it disturbs the soul or feels like it's causing pollution or confusion, then turn it off.
Our souls tell us everything we need to know about music. No real sense in over-analyzing the sound of music. It's like other external influences -- if we listen to our souls, we know intuitively which are good and nourishing, and which are negative.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/8/2019 1:29:18 AM

Yes Nesta I agree with that

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/8/2019 1:31:34 AM

Nesta I know this is off topic. But I remember we were discussing Montana, dont remember which thread. I had lived up in Kalispell, and I worked in Whitefish, around 2010-2011. Beautiful town, Whitefish. So quaint.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/8/2019 1:37:43 AM

JAH Child, Thanks for letting me know. Yeah, Whitefish is beautiful. It was my home away from home for several years while we dredged all of the petroleum-contaminated sediment (from years of railroad fueling & maintenance operations) out of the Whitefish River. My small contribution to environmental restoration.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/8/2019 1:37:44 AM

Messenger: man with chalice Sent: 2/8/2019 8:34:51 PM

wht rrsra's burn bro.//

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/9/2019 7:46:10 PM

I don't believe you ever leave Reggae when it first hits you - the rebel reggae music and the fight against the establishment with a spiritual hypnotic vibe you feel from and for it. The real roots of reaggae. "The Babylon System is the vampire, sucking the blood of the sufferer.. no matter where he lives. There's Ghettos in evry corner in evry city in the world. "Wave up and live"

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/13/2019 7:15:42 PM

Babylon System - "They graduating thieves and murderers, deceiving the people continually" would love sit down with Bob and smoke together with this song. :)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I