Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=413&start_row=1

Reasons To Lock Up

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: 1mind Sent: 8/30/2004 12:25:20 PM

Bless

I Was going 2 lock up I hair 4 certain reasons & see what every1 thinks about it.

1. I Will have 2 stay on a righteous path in life. Because if I dont, then I haffi chopp off I locks.
2. I will always be reminded of righteousness & the path I chose when I look at I locks.
3. Its a very spiritual ting to I, & I feel dat its a good ting.
4. I will spread Jah-Love even more.
5. I will have to quit smoking cigarette & quit drinking wit I bredren. I cyan't blaze di Hydro either but cess is ok.

I live in Toronto still & here theres nuff fashion dreads, which is why I thought not to lock up.

The Difference is I walk a righteous path & I read nuff Books.
I'm Good wit people Socially & bring knowledge to the best of I ability. I dont Judge no1 & try to help dem. I'm always listening to da roots tunes.

Di Only problem is, I dont have a Belief or Religion. But i read Spiritual Books But i dont look to the Beliefs of people. I can see why They believe in their Belief, But I rather look to the Historical Facts & Messages Jah send Thru His Followers words.

Or to Lock Up Muss I Join the Bobos, or Nyabinghi & bow down to Selassie I as King of Kings (I haff nuff respect for those 2 tribe).
But I dont believe Selassie Save I, I save I-self. I dont believe Christ save I, I save I-self. see what I sayin?
I Bow down to no1 but Jah & Jahs Iniversal Law Iternally.

God is God & Man is Man.
God is Greater than Man.
We are all a part of Jah.

Freedom & Equality to all Jah-people.
Blessed

Messenger: the rock Sent: 8/30/2004 2:04:04 PM

seen

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/30/2004 8:05:41 PM

If the vibe is in the I to locks, then trod forward with it.

The I will learn more as the I trod through RasTafarI way. Learn and Live the ways of RasTafarI.

I am also in Toronto, Ras John is in Toronto as well.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: 1mind Sent: 8/30/2004 8:41:21 PM

It mean a lot to I that Bredren support I to Locks.

has Ras John & Ark I Link up in person as well?

If The I wann' email I any advice or any places to get groceries or books or go to learn knowledge from other Rastamon The I can email I at:

rah_ju@yahoo.com

Blessed

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/31/2004 11:32:07 PM

Yes, I and John have come together to reason.

Always remember Jah, because you can't do anything of yourself.

Selassie I say,

However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: rasta wiking Sent: 9/3/2004 5:50:00 AM

MUST BE DRUNKEN........... GAJA SMOOTHES WELL FOR OUR SOUL..

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 9/4/2004 6:16:58 AM

what do theI, ArkI, see in dreadlocks ? what they mean to you ?

Iman see them as a sign of the alliance with The Most I. locks, they remind you to the alliance. it gives one the a.free.can I-dentity. a spiritual symbol. the crown. it reminds one to stay powerful against babylon and keep the alliance with HIM.
Mortimo Planno speaks about "the locks whip, which whome one could beat babylon with."

but what I think is more important than the locks is to wear the beard. Sellassie's beard. first they just been wearing the beard, no locks. locks later came into it when lookin at the true african I-dentity one was searching for and connecting it to this passage in the Ible. to Iself the beard mean more than the locks. because HIM wears the beard. so shall we do.

in the early 1930s people talked about the beard-men, when they were talkin bout Rasta-people. later they called 'em the dreadlocks-people. Ras from those early times 've been wearing the beard because Sellassie I did so, so shall we do today. y'know... "one shall not cut his hair off, nor shall he cut his beard off"

Sela

I Ras TafarI
Hyla Salase

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/6/2004 1:39:37 PM

I see locks as the way Jah created us, so I accept Jah Creation.

I also see that locks have a purpose, and that is why they grow the way they do. I and I can pick up vibrations with our Locks, they are like antenna.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 9/12/2004 4:54:30 AM

And what a sacred covenant to the Most I when InI say "For JAH RasTafarI, I will throw away the sizzors and the comb." It is truly a blessed insperience to let go of the vanities and grow locks. The crown of our heads is the only place where we grow ROOTS! Letting our roots grow and lock up is holding so much energy of LIFE to our crown, like Ark-I said "antennae".
Locks are really a personal thing, this is why they represent a covenant... each one has a different reason and covenant with the Most I within.

1Mind, Sellassie I is the Most I within ;) Rasta don't deal with idoltry... but InI do deal with grounded and firm overstanding of what it is to know JAH as a living man.
Meditate on this: man created God. Without man, there would be no concept of God.
I will reason more on this eventually...

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 9/12/2004 6:41:20 AM

Nazarite EdenLivity!

Selah

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I