Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4103&start_row=381

Ital Cooking

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 270271 - 280281 - 290291 - 300
301 - 310311 - 320321 - 330331 - 340341 - 350351 - 360361 - 370371 - 380381 - 390391 - 400
401 - 403
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Humble one Sent: 7/15/2015 1:02:53 AM

Hi reasoning time,

Cooking the water may actually INCREASE chemical concentrations; it will kill all the bacteria so it will stop you from becoming immediately ill, but tap water is already mostly bacteria free due to chlorine, no?

Boiling kills bacteria, but it increases chemicals ever so slightly. This is because when you boil the water, the PURE H20 evaporates as steam (the chemicals don't come with it), so you are left with less water than with you started (slightly), with the same amount of chemicals, so therefore a higher concentration of chemicals. Obviously the amount of water lost through steam, mostly is insignificant, but nevertheless it technically does increase the chemicals slightly.

You might be thinking, if it is pure H20 that evaporates, then can't you drink this? Yes, you can, and the process is called distillation. You can get distillation filters, if you wish

http://www.babycenter.com/0_water-filters-distillation-units_64385.bc

It removes a huge range of harmful compounds, although a carbon filter may still be necessary to remove the chlorine.

Its a shame that the spring is so far away. Depends how dedicated you are to it. If you bought huge amounts of bottles, you cold probably fit 100s of liters in the car at once, which would last you months. And making one trip in the car every few months might be OK. You say 7 hours, well if you set off at dawn you could be back for bed time!

But I appreciate that this might be going a little far for some people!

And if the spring isn't an option for you, and you live in a city so rainwater is unsuitable, then Reverse Osmosis filters are youre best bet, because they remove the fluoride, which almost all filters DO NOT.

Blessings for your interest in livity,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/15/2015 11:45:08 AM

give thanks! aprecilove the way you try to stay connected to nature. love your garden and thing like ive mentioned before but i mean even if you have your own land its not said that there arent any problems. you dont know how "clean" the earth is etc.

so i only use hot water from the tap to cook noodles every once in a while or sometimes to wash up some vegetables my parents gave to me if they arent labelled as biological.

a filter is a great thing because i know our water is full of all kind of stuff. if you live in an area with many drug addicts there might even be a certain rest of those drugs in your water. i dont know.

so i think avoiding bisphenol a and flourid and too much sodium and carbon acid etc. like ive said before is in deed neccesary and thats something i only can strongly suggest but finding a spring might be really hard. but your lifestyle seems as pure as it can get to me (in babylon). like it. but unfortunately its not for everybody.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 7/16/2015 2:16:30 AM

Many thanks for your kind words, reasoningtime

"you dont know how "clean" the earth is etc."

I know what you mean... modern chemicals. BUT the earth is the cleanest substance that the man can possibly access. the plants growing out of it are living in their original consciousness. Just look at a local park or wild area; it is flourishing.

Water gotten from a spring in comparison to tap water... Well, one has chemicals PURPOSEFULLY added to it, the other, at most, would have the slightest of slight traces of chemicals. And isn't just about what it doesn't have in it, because spring water has hundreds of minerals in their original makeup... Cannot be said for tapwater.

A picture of a forest near my house, and this is one of the dirtiest cities in the UK.

And then of deep in the Peruvian amazon, hundreds of miles away from any sources of pollution;

Not trying to suggest that pollution doesn't affect things, and ofcourse it is not a good thing.

Just saying if you look at the trees in both photos, both are FLOURISHING. Because they have their roots in the earth.

And just pointing out that it is possible to live in higher connection with nature than you think in a polluted area... pollution does matter, of course, but as I said look at how healthy both sets of trees are.

The earth is as clean as you can get

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 7/16/2015 2:34:54 AM

^ My point isn't to try and make people think that moving to a more ancient place away from Babylon isn't better... of course it is.

But rather to stop people from putting themselves off attempting to live in a higher connection with the nature around them based on where they live... Looking at the photos, I think the trees near me are living in pretty much the same consciousness as the ones in the Peruvian Amazon. Cannot prove this of course. But it is the PEOPLE in Babylon that aren't living in the same consciousness, and that is because of Babylon living and indoctrination far more than pollution. I mean, just walking into a local park, I can see all the trees living in an ENTIRELY different consciousness to the people who go to the park.

Pollution matters, but never be put off by it because it is possible to live in a higher connection than you think because of it. I mean to say, every single day that I see the children going to school each day on the bus, eating crisps in the morning, the trees have been growing their on the roadside... living off entirely different food, and entirely different manner than the children. Living side by side Babylon, even in Babylon this shows me it is possible to live in an entirely different consciousness, even when still in babylon

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/16/2015 5:00:32 PM

yeah. youre right about the forrest. my hometown is an oxymoron too. half of the city is made of grey buildings owned by the insurance industry etc. nowadays because originally this place was known for the production and trade of steel, coal and beer and the other half is full of green parks.

but man, when i see the this other picture of a REAL forrest i think its just normal that many people are that depressive nowadays. our life in modern city takes us away from nature. from nature in general as well as from our own human nature.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/22/2015 2:06:52 AM

i have a question. do you eat all kind of soy products (if they arent manipulated?)?

i know that everything from the grapevine is forbidden if you accept the teachings of the old testament and the nazarite vow, but especially if you dont consult the bible, what do you think about products from the grapvine?

in some soy and tofu products there are certain ingredients.

i allow myself to be a little bit lazy here because those indegredients have names (in german) likes "kaliumnatriumatrate" and "calciumsulfat" etc. and i dont want to look up the english terms even if they aren that different and i think it just doesnt matter how they are called.

buttom line is sometimes they use stuff which is made of the salt of another stuff that was produced from vinegar. lol i dont know if stuff like this are really dangerous chemicals and i think its ok to eat tofu products to a certain extent but do you avoid those things?

of course fresh food is the best but do you avoid vinegar in your products?

when i started with MY nazarite vow (i think its almost impossible to follow the vow like it was in times of the old testament) i thought its not that hard to ignore grapes but raisins are everywhere and in some vegan products there can be a whole heap of stuff you have to check online and sometimes it has losely to do with grapevine.

in some soy products is pure vinegar!

even when they produce popcorn they use alcohol sometimes!

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 7/22/2015 2:49:45 AM

Yes, I would eat soy beans. It is extremely important that they are organic, though, since I am sure that they have been extensively genetically modified more than any other crop, and I remember reading somewhere that 70% of the worlds population of soy beans are GM.

As for soy products, it depends. Tofu is meant to be made with soy beans and water. There is a product that they sell in a health shop near me where the only two ingredients are "Organic Soy beans and water", so I would say that this is Okay, but still I would prefer the whole, unprocessed beans. Be caerful with most soy products though, because companies tend to have a thing for sneaking in additives.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/22/2015 4:13:48 AM

give thanks!

not so long ago ive watched a documentary about vegan food and there was a vegetarian who said that he denies to do so many things in his life like smoking, drinking alcohol and eating meat so being a vegan would be too much for him.

before i was a vegan, i was a vegetarian too. but nowadays i think that being a vegan has nothing to do with denying things. it has nothing to do with pressure. it even makes your life better in every single aspect. you can still eat so many things.

sometimes i just dont know what i can do better. im a vegan and i try to stay ital and since ive started to follow the nazarite vow i have to make sure that i consume nothing from the grapevine even if you have to check all of the things you buy twice sometimes you know.im conscious about the things i let into my body. i dont drink neither.

so maybe im a little bit too optimistic but im not a frutarian. i eat tofu and sometimes i eat tofu and soy in all forms. im not a vegan to eat crisps and to eat vegan chocolate all day, i dont do that, so i make sure that i eat enough fresh fruits and fresh vegetable and suips etc.

i think you can check what kind of food is really healthy by watching super rich people. sometimes its clear that they fool us by teeling us that they would eat nothing but ice cream and chocolate bars and sometimes you read that certain movie stars who fool people by posing with a huge cigar in their mouth on their film posters and who are always eating rubbish and drinking whiskey in their films are living very heatlhy in their private life and they follow a vegan diet.

i know that especially in america they mostly use this gm soy from asia. its a huge problem worldwide. yeah i think tofu ist dried or fermanted soy drink. right, soy beans and water (sometimes with herbs). i know. even eating too much soy can be cancerous i think. if you eat more than 6 pieces of tofu a day over a long time or something like that. here in germany they claim that their products are made in germany and i only buy soy products which are labelled as biological. but here and there you read an article that some products arent as biological as they should be.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/22/2015 4:33:06 PM

so what do you think about organ donation (@humbleone)?

i thought a lot about it but i think its a good thing in the end. dont know any arguments against it when it comes to faith. i know some rastas say that removing certain body parts is a very seriois thing because jah gave it to us but the whole organ donation thing is a whole different animal, no?

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 7/22/2015 8:10:28 PM

Ital=best just remember that Itinually.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 270271 - 280281 - 290291 - 300
301 - 310311 - 320321 - 330331 - 340341 - 350351 - 360361 - 370371 - 380381 - 390391 - 400
401 - 403

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I