Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4101&start_row=1

under the weather

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 10/28/2010 11:41:06 PM

Greetings, InI am a likkle unda da weatha and was wantin to know if any bredrens or sistrens would have any advice for natural medicines. InI have been takin golden seal which helps build the I's immune system but was wonderin if there is somthin else for colds.
blessed love on any ivice.

Messenger: IDread Sent: 10/29/2010 6:13:56 AM

Honey is a great medicine if the I is having problems with the throat. Mixing it in with some hot water, lemon juice and ginger should help.
Its a natural anti-septic and soothes the throat.

If the I is having problems with the sinuses, try getting some eucalyptus oil and putting a few drops in a bowl of hot water and inhaling the steam. It helps to use a towel to cover the I head and the bowl and get the most of the steam.

Hope the I feels better soon.

Blessed love.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 10/30/2010 7:38:18 PM

Give thanks for the idvice much apprecilove and feeling better.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/11/2011 11:45:19 AM

I have had a cold for the past few days, I think I am past the worst of it.

Honey is great for sore throat, I also ate a lot of hot soup and drank hot green tea. I took nyquil to go to sleep.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 10/15/2011 7:16:43 AM

Hope the I is overs your cold. Yes all natural medicines work best. I have tried babylons remeDIES but it didn't help. Shocking huh? lol.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/15/2011 4:00:10 PM

Camomile is good for strengthening the immune system as the weather gets colder. Mix it with honey and it's good for colds and flus.

If the I has a problem with a blocked nose especially, horseradish or wasabi can be brilliant if the I can find the roots for sale anywhere. Grate it and brew it into tea with any other herbs and sweeten it with a bit of honey for the throat and it'll blast the I's sinuses like nothing I've ever felt before. Really potent medicine.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/17/2011 7:32:16 PM

Give Thanks for the advice. The cold virus is gone, it took about a week go away.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 8/28/2013 12:01:46 PM

Nazarite I, any guidelines of how much horseradish to use, and how long on the stove? I woman brought I some just now and will make some tea of it. I don't know how much to use though so I will just take a bit and try, waiting for the I to answer.

Blessed love Rasta

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/5/2013 6:23:47 PM

For a couple of cups of horseradish tea (and the I will not want to drink more than that, it's an extreme taste and has a powerful effect) a few good shavings off the root or a small pile (a palm full at most) of grated root boiled for 5 minutes should be enough.

More strength with the recovery, and more courage for the tea honestly, because it's very much a medicine, I wouldn't drink it for anything but the worst blocked sinuses and congestion.

Blessed love

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I