Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=410&start_row=11

Race mixing

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/4/2004 3:09:28 PM

Race signify division. Man is one, so when you divide what is one and then talk about mixing the parts that is what I call nonsense.
Overstand oneness and burn out all this folly about division.

In the past men took their families and traveled to various parts of the earth. Some died and some offspring survived to this day. Naturally, all people look different physically and these traits are passed on to children. Therefore it is natural to expect that these surviving offspring in different parts of the earth look different. This is no reason to use false, divisive language about races. We are one still. Just like how you and your family members have slightly different physical characteristics so it is with those extended family who descended from extended family far away from where you were born.

Misleaders have taught us to think in these false terms of race. Ark I, I am against encouraging these terminology on this site, which is stated as a rastafari site.
Knowledge, overstanding, culture, power, wordsound are the basic elements of African revival. We must not accept these false wordsound and culture of division because they are against Africa. A man cannot serve two masters.

I appreciate that Ark and others do not want to cause embarrassment to those who initiate these false discussions about race and other babylonian ideas. I appreciate your kindness but it is not well placed if you are so kind as to indulge the destruction of African traditions.
There is no such thing as race, so end it right there. There is nothing to talk about.
I would suggest that we start a new topic that addresses foolish biases and false notions that babylon as taught us regarding the significance of skin colour, facial features, and location of birth. This would be a truly African discussion.

Ark I have the power to decide what come on this site. All who use the site have the power to comment on what is posted on the site. That means that we are responsible for what goes on on this site. And when foolishness is repeated on this site those who contribute are responsible for the destruction of the African culture. So I am doing my part and speaking against the false teaching of race. Anyone else who wants to talk about race should start a post talking about Santa Claus...... I wonder if Ark I and others would accept that too? And would you actually answer questions and make comments about how important Santa Claus is to Africa?

Messenger: the rock Sent: 9/5/2004 1:31:30 PM

what dose santa clauz have to do with race mixing.and what is folley about the truth.i did not have any reason to write about santa clauz, if i know that he does not matter to thing thing that iam posting about.i am the the one how post this post so i will , so i will answer for it.

one love

Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/5/2004 3:16:37 PM

Is that a question or just a sarcastic remark?
Anyway I will respond like if it is a question.
The answer is that santa claus and race have in common that no such thing exist. Talking about something that don't exist is folly.

Who does not gather for African redemption is a scatterer. I am not calling anyone a scatterer, but I am just saying that it is of no value to talk about false things like if they are true.

The only reason so many people think about race and believe in it is that ones keep on talking about race like if it is something real. I don't mind talking about the problem of racism, because it is a problem that people believe in race and they think it is significant or real. Just don't talk about race like it is real because then others will start to imagine that it is actually something that Jah create. Especially children and those who don't know better can be hurt by such mindless talking.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 9/5/2004 4:47:56 PM

ok.... it was just a question....but you can take it how you want it.thanks for the responce.i said race and speak of race cuz that how people talk.i do beleive that there is just a human,but not every one speaks or thinks like that,and if you do i was not posting these for you. i was posting this because iwanted give strenght to those people that have mix race, red ,white, brown true all come from african people black.

one love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/6/2004 1:34:25 PM

Gideon,

If race is not the right word, then I will speak of culture, because there are differences between different cultures. There are more similarities between people than differences, but no matter how much you try to convince yourself that there are no differences, differences still exist, not just between people with different skin colors, but also people of the same color, but different culture.

And men and women who come together from different cultures can see and live with the differences. So that is why I respect a person's choice if they don't want to be with someone of a different culture. If they would prefer to spend their Life with someone who is brought up in the same culture, then that is their choice. People should do what they are comfortable with, and let others do what they are comfortable with, as long as one person's actions doesn't cause problems for others.

Here is a post I placed elsewhere related to this:
-----------------------
I and I should see all color and Love all color. I and I don't deal with color blindness.

Some may think that these two ways to look at race are the same, but they are very different.

Color blindness lacks respect for other people's culture and ancestry, because it is not acknowledged but is ignored. And a lot of times when people deal with color blindness, they look at others as their own color, rather than the color the people actually are.

This veil of color blindness can only last so long, and then it will come off and the old problems will remain. Color loveness is Iternal, because it accepts and honors the differences in culture and ancestry.
-----------------------

We are One, and just as we can recognize the differences between our parents and brothers and sisters, we can recognize the differences in all of our Family Created by Jah. It is recognizing, embracing and loving what each person brings forward that will bring Inity, not recognizing some parts and pretending that the other parts don't exist.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 9/9/2004 3:53:24 AM

Greetings RastafarI Family,

Ark-I.. the I put it so nicely... I and I don't deal with color-blindness but must love and honor each culture and color. It is always easier to form a bubble around oneself as this world is not a warm and inviting place. The raw truth is that color differences do exist, and sadly babylon terms this RACE. The word sound alone can have a huge effect on the psyche. What are we racing for? I have reasoned on this before, the thought that maybe race would be diminished if everyone was a shade of brown. But my meditation led me to see that humanity likes to organize and sort by stereotypes and things.. so even if we all looked the same there would still be division, whether you're from the East side or the West side, religion, diet, age, etc. JAH knows.. the only solution must be sought out internally. Give thanks RasTafarI showing InI the way to peace.. the work is never over.. peace is a becoming.

Blessed Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/9/2004 9:39:43 AM

Menen I, the I said,

-----------------------
But my meditation led me to see that humanity likes to organize and sort by stereotypes and things.. so even if we all looked the same there would still be division, whether you're from the East side or the West side, religion, diet, age, etc. JAH knows..
-----------------------

That is so true. And I feel that the main reason that all these differences cause people to fight amongst each other is because downpressors who want to gain more control and power use this to gather people together to fight for them.

So the downpressors encourage these thoughts and rally the people to fight against others. So whenever the downpressors find a way to group people separately, they take advantage of it. They increase hate within the group of people against another group.

I and I need to stop fighting the downpressors wars for them. Because without the people fighting their wars for them, there would be no more wars to fight.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 9/9/2004 10:14:08 AM

I would like to give thanks to, SisMenenI and all of the you that are keeping things on track.

I know that there is a differnce in one people that live in a part of land,from others.(Seen east side west side)what is the defferent thing that are so big that make one man think he is better then the other.(i know people say that the black man has feet like brass and hair like wool.made in the image of the most high)I read in bible that the people would not go out and stread but built up a tower of baal,this was people that lived in Ethiopia,JAH took there language and made them spread all throw the world.That is saying to me that if you follow the same way of thinking the same thing is going to happen to you.I know that now a days people look at the bible and just use one part of it to push there movements.i know time will tell.like bob say, they think that they are liveing in heaven but they are liveing HELL.I do not want to change anyones way of thinking,cuz i know the truth for myself.but i do want to give strength to those people that have mixed blood line or culter.not one thing come here with out JAH say so,and all thing in do time.

onelove

Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/11/2004 1:23:02 PM

Thanks very much for the explanations.
It is obvious that everyone is different. Each individual has his own expression or culture, and each person has a unique physical appearance. I appreciate this difference and I am glad for it. But why should we talk about racial differences or ethnic differences? We don't place such emphasis on difference in weight of people, or height difference.
Note that HIM says that peace will come only where the color of a man's skin is of the same importance as the color of his eyes. That doesn't mean that it is of no importance, but just that we would give it more significance than it deserves.
The downpressor tries to divide people by teaching us that we are different because of different physical appearance or cultural traditions. Rasta know the inity of agree-culture. We accept that we have different cultural expression, but we know that cultural expression is not the root. People with different cultural expression share the same root.
A roots man tradition comes from the root, as Rock rightly says.
So from the root, what is races and culture differences?
I say that those things do not exist at the root.
Do Ark or Rock or Mennen or anybody say that those things exist at the root?
Because if their is race at the root, then it has to be the race of everyone. If black is the root color then everyone is black. And if their is a root culture then everyone is that.
I know there is a root culture and it is rastafari. But I don't know about any root race. Please inform me if you know.

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 9/12/2004 4:40:25 AM

History cannot be avoided. As much as InI would really like to get past the race issue, it is alive and well due to the scars of recent history. Gideon, the I asks; why should we talk about racial differences or ethnic differences? In watching movies like Roots or Lumumba, or walking through the streets of the ghetto and seeing black youth beat by white cops daily, one can clearly see why.

Anthropolgically speaking, culture is defined as a "shared understanding".. meaning a group that sees things with a shared overstanding. Our culture is Rasta, yet due to circumstances, there are some who will label themselves Rasta and not hail Sellassie I as JAH. This makes our culture a difficult one to really put a finger on and also slows our movement. This is also why it is important for the different houses to exist and work in harmony, sticking to the ancient laws (like that of the Nyabinghi).

Like Ark-I said, this is the downpressor's plan! To plot ones against each other so that no one can be successful in revolting against their plans. They have the massive right where they want them, at war with each other and themselves. At this point, revolution as we know it is just not realistic. The group Bambu Station (out of St. Croix) have a lyric that I have fully taken in "Revolution is mental revelation"... InI must free ourselves in this time, this time around the circumstances given us by the government are so that revolting is impossible due to disunity. And this comes full circle to the reasoning on how InI can become economically free- that is revolution.

It is of high meditation for one to come to the deep inner knowing that InI are all of ONE root. This is something the world is not yet ready to deal with as the times are causing the heat to rise. But InI must give thanks for knowing our root, no matter the physical color, InI are all of Ethiopia: science will prove this as well as scripture. And like Gideon so rightly states "if their is race at the root, then it has to be the race of everyone. If black is the root color then everyone is black." Everyone sprang from the black race, but InI cannot be color-blind and must deal humbley with the reality that is at hand: racial lines. It will not be dealt with by completely ignoring it or trying to erase it from our minds, it takes healing. It is very important for all Rasta, no matter the color, to work at the healing of black people, the healing of Africa.
I give thanks for the I's, Ark-I, Gideon, The Rock.. the reasonings are powerful! Keep forward!
Blessed Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I