Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4096&start_row=1

Barack Obama Antichrist?

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 10/22/2010 3:21:43 PM

greetings,

I've got this idea from my Ras bredren Menelik, he says Barack Obama could be the antichrist. Is this possible?

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 10/29/2010 12:52:57 AM

The name Barak appears in JUDGES chp4. It tells of him going against Sisera in battle and in chp 5 they sing praises to the Lord. In InI's ipinion and others that i have read some say he is just a puppet living in the great house of babylon. If he is the anti-christ then there is no better profession to chose from than a politician.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/29/2010 10:28:25 AM

People keep asking I if I have voted yet for the American midterm congressional elections. They make a great effort to point out how participation in the American political process is important, the sacrifices that were involved in gaining the right to vote throughout history, and that if you don't vote you can't complain about the direction the country is going.

I know that the American politrickal system is an illusion, Democratic and Republican are but two sides of the same coin. It really says something when President Obama appears on the comedy central show the Daily Show about the state of American politricks. The whole thing is a grand illusion.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/29/2010 11:34:25 AM

You should tell them if they do vote and the person they voted for gets in, then they have no right to complain because it is their fault the person got elected.

But if you don't vote because you don't think any of them are good, then it is not your fault whoever gets elected, so you can complain about any of them.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/2/2011 10:57:27 PM

Obama rejects pardon for Marcus Garvey

-------------------------
The Obama administration has rejected a call for a posthumous presidential pardon for Marcus Garvey, calling it a waste of time and resources.
The denial of a pardon came only recently, in response to a campaign waged by attorney Donovan Parker, who had been writing Obama weekly since January 2011 calling for Garvey's pardon.
The denial letter stated:
"Many posthumous pardon requests would likely be based on a claim of manifest injustice, and given that decades have passed since the event and the historical record would have to be scoured to objectively and comprehensively investigate such applications, it is the Department's position that the limited resources which are available to process requests for Presidential clemency — now being submitted in record numbers — are best dedicated to requests submitted by persons who can truly benefit from a grant of the request."
So the Obama administration says pardoning Garvey is a waste of time and resources, yet he has found the time and resources to pardon a turkey on Thanksgiving.
The denial is ironic, considering that the struggle waged by the Garvey Movement in the early 1900s — and subsequent struggles influenced by it — set the stage for Obama's election.
That the U.S. government even needed to deliver a black president to African people as a last ditch effort to undermine struggle for true self-determination is a direct effect of the struggles influenced by the Garvey Movement.
Marcus Garvey was the founder and leader of the Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League (UNIA-ACL), a global organization of African people that held at least 11 million members during the early 1900s.
His work to organize for self-determination for African people has influenced every subsequent struggle of African people.
The U.S. government sought to destroy Garvey and his organization, including utilizing FBI agents to infiltrate his organization.
J. Edgar Hoover — the FBI director who initiated the vicious COINTELPRO war on the Black Power Movement of the Sixties — first made his name by destroying the Garvey Movement. It was to infiltrate Garvey's movement that the FBI integrated. Though Hoover stated in an October 1919 memo that Garvey had committed no "crime" to justify deporting him, the FBI eventually set the black leader up. Garvey was imprisoned and, in 1927, deported to Jamaica. Independentist vs. assimilationist struggle continues While ironic, it is not surprising that the Obama administration has taken a denial stance on the question of pardoning Garvey. Obama represents the same trend that opposed Garvey in the 1900s. Garvey represented the aspirations of African people for independence, self-determination and power over our own lives. In opposition to him were assimilationists like W.E.B. DuBois and the NAACP, those who saw their future working within the oppressive system that exploits African labor and resources for its continued existence. The assimilationists attacked Garvey while he was alive, uniting with the U.S. government to undermine Garvey's movement, which was based among the African working masses. Today, Obama represents the highest expression of the assimilationist trend. His administration has already waged war on Africa in Libya, Somalia and elsewhere through AFRICOM, so it is only consistent that he would continue that trend by maintaining the criminalization of this African incredible leader. The question we are left with is how the apologists — those who excuse Obama's wars on Africa and African people — will attempt to explain this incident away.
-------------------------

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/2/2011 11:25:51 PM

Promotion of Marcus Garvey is against babylon system, because Garvey's words free man and woman from it.

Obama or whoever else, it doesn't matter because it is all the same.

Illusions, Illusions, as Haile Selassie I say.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/25/2011 12:23:13 AM

Obama recently drove through the town I live in with his secret service entourage.

The whole town was shut down, and all of the babylon security forces were on the street.

I didn't see Obama because he chose to go a different route than where I was, and there were tons of babylon security forces about, so I just staid put until Obama passed. Then I was able to walk again.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 10/25/2011 11:33:14 AM

Salamta

Theres always two side to story, Selassie say Ethiopia and America would be friends for 99 yeras starting around the late 1940's and early 1950's. Alot Of Libyans didnt like Ghadaffi while some did, Somalia are mostly muslim and ethiopians dont want a muslim governemnt to be a neighbor, so they try to intervene. i dont agree with everything America does but if Selassie say ethiopia and america will be friends till about 2047 i really wouldnt be against them, but i'd rather reason about whats going on to find out the truth. I saw a post saying on msnbc the mark of beast is supposed to be coming around 2048, so selassie is smart for saying thats how long they will be friends. The Lamb on The Throne Shall Conquer the Beast.

The Conquering lion Shall Break Every Chain
The Conquering Lion shall Break every one of There Chains
Be Meek...

Rastafari Rule the heart n soul

Messenger: black.amy Sent: 10/30/2011 6:23:22 PM

Please forgive me i am new to this religion. Did I say what would happen when we stop being friends. I mean i am white and have a lot of friends from africa so do you know what will happen when that time is over?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/31/2011 10:29:09 PM

Young Lion, why don't you post exactly what Haile Selassie I said and the surrounding sentences. You have often times in the past misquoted Selassie I or have taken His Word out of context, or stretched his word away from the true meaning.

Haile Selassie I made Ethiopia Friends with many Nations, for the purposes of Initing people, and building a foundation to grow strong together.

Selassie I show I and I.
---------------------------
By the word "neutral" We do not, of course, mean that abstention from political activity which has been for so long the hallmark of a Switzerland. We can no more refrain from political activity in the year 1961 than man today can voluntarily refrain from partaking of the radioactive fall-out which will be bestowed upon him should a nuclear holocaust erupt on this globe. Nor does neutrality mean that without taking sides, we content ourselves with urging that the powers most intimately concerned negotiate in good faith to the solution of the issues in dispute between them; we have passed the point where prayerful pleading serves any purpose other than to debase those who thereby abdicate any responsibility or power to influence events.

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

---------------------------

Stop using Selassie I as and excuse for you to turn a blind eye to the wickedness of babylon, whether it be the England kind or United States kind, or any other Nation kind. Selassie I is not an excuse for you to ignore the things that happen in this world, Selassie I Teaches Responsibility, not ignorance. Look at everything that Selassie I Teaches, not just the parts that you like to see. You have wavered so many times against Selassie I, so if you say you are with Selassie I again, then this time around, study all His Words and take it slow, so you Iverstand what He is saying.

Look at the things done by people and nations and determine your position based on that, so if they do something good, call it good, if they do something wicked, call it wicked.

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I