Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4054&start_row=1

HIM visit to Russia

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/8/2010 10:42:05 AM

Here is a link to a Russian article about Selassie I's visit to the Russian Patriarch in 1959.

Pravda article

Here is a translation of the article in English (Give Thanks to Ras Lietu for the Translation):

In honour of the distinguished guest.
“Pravda” 13th of July 1959 year

...The Patriarch of Moscow and the entire Russia Aleksei on 12th of July at the patriarchal residence in Moscow had a reception in the honour of the Emperor of Ethiopia Haile Selassie I.
At the beginning of the reception Aleksei, the Patriarch of Moscow and entire Russia, welcoming the head and emperor of the friendly Ethiopian people, presented him with the church order of the grand duke Vladimir of first class.
Head of the Ethiopian government presented to the Patriarch of Moscow and entire Russia with the order of the Holy Trinity and a golden cross.
The Patriarch of Moscow and entire Russia received the guest in the presence of Metropolitan of Crewtinsky and Kolomensky Nikolai and other spiritual persons.
At the reception together with the emperor was princess Aida Desta and high officials from his suite.

On the relations of the Russian and Ethiopian Churches
At the summer of the current year there where events that affirmed and strengthened the old ties between the Russian Orthodox Church and the far away Ethiopian Church.
The first of these events was the visit of Emperor of Ethiopia Haile Selassie I to the Holiest Patriarch of Moscow and entire Russia Aleksei in July of this year, when he was the guest of the government of the Soviet Union. The second one was the coming of the Ethiopian Church delegation to Moscow in August of this year, which was led by the Metropolitan of Harar Abuna Teophilus.
Remembering the meeting between Emperor of Ethiopia with the Patriarch of Moscow, it can be called the feast of Christian interaction. It was in the evening of the 12th of July, when Emperor of Ethiopia Haile Selassie I accompanied by princess Aida Desta, close ones, and with the representatives of the Soviet government, arrived to the Moscow Patriarchate building on the “Chysto” lane.
Receiving the Emperor at the reception hall the Patriarchs, Patriarch Aleksei presented him with the church order of the holy apostolic grand duke Vladimir of the first class and pronounced the following speech:

„In the name of our Russian Orthodox Church I welcome You, Head and Emperor of the friendly to us Ethiopian nation. Your wisdom and Your achievements in administering your government is know to us; Your jealousy for the prosperity of your people; Your filial dedication to the Holy Christian Church. In remembrance of your visit to the Patriarchate and noting Your Majesty’s labours and solicitude for the good of the Holy Church of Your country, we, with the sincere feelings of respect to You, present Your Majesty our church order of the holy apostolic grand duke Vladimir I degree and wish for You many years, with the help of God, in health and spiritual vivacity to lead Your people and Your government to greater prosperity and glory.“
In his turn Emperor Haile Selassie presented to the Patriarch Aleksei a tape and marks of the Ethiopian order of the Blessed Trinity. Then the high ranking guests accompanied by Patriarch and their close ones proceeded to the patriarchate Krestov church, where archimandrite Nikodem wished many years for the high ranking guest.

During dinner the Holiest Patriarch Alexei addressed the Emperor Haile Selassie I with the following welcoming speech:
„Your Imperial Majesty! It is exceptionally joyful for us to see with us and heartically welcome Your person, the Head of the ancient Ethiopia, providing to our country and mutually receiving from our side the most friendly feelings!
We also welcome Her Highness princess Aida Desta and Your Majesty’s entourage of the officials of the government of Ethiopia, a nation that is remarkable with that thru the span of its history it carefully safeguards two treasures: Christian faith and national independence!
Your Majesty! Traveling in Russia, You, obviously have been convinced of the generous hospitality of our people and that for us the coming of the Emperor of Ethiopia is a true celebration of peace and friendship between the nations.
And for us, representatives of the Russian Orthodox Church, the current meeting with Your Majesty is joyful, as a celebration of Christian interaction.
We must say that that the commonality of our Christian beliefs served as the generator of the friendship between Russian and Ethiopian nations even in the last century. At that time in the field of the relations with the Ethiopian Church a known archimandrite, subsequent episcope of the Russian Church, Porphiry Uspensky labored a lot and fruitfully. He contacted the Ethiopian clergy in Jerusalem and on the basis of information received from him the image of the church life in Ethiopia was made.
It is know that in the year 1888, when Russia celebrated 900th year of the baptism of Rus, church celebration on this occasion was attended by the representatives of the Ethiopian clergy.
And representative of the Russian Church, who payed a visit to Ethiopia in 80s and 90s of the last century, did a lot for the convergence of our churches and people. We remember well the brotherly welcome of the Ethiopian Embassy in the year 1895, which consisted of clerics, headed by Metropolitan Harare.
All this indicates, that the basis of those friendly relations which had long been established between our peoples, is our brotherly unity in the Christian faith. Going back to present time, I must express gratitude to Your Majesty and the Primate of the Ethiopian Church, Archbishop Basilios, for the cordial welcome rendered to the two envoys of the Moscow Patriarchate in January of this year. They brought back from Your country the most encouraging impressions, which were detailed in the pages of our church magazine.
The facts of communication which I have spoken of is clear sign of mutual attraction of our churches to the Christian unanimity, which at the present time is so indispensable for the strengthening of the universal peace.
In the name of the Russian Orthodox Church we wish Your Majesty prosperity serving for the unity of our peoples and churches, and thus bringing closer to mankind that longed-for peace, for which Christians all over the world are praying every day in their churches and homes.
May God’s blessings accompany Your labours for the benefit of the Ethiopian people and it‘s Church, which knows You as it‘s faithful son and patron! To the health of His Imperial Majesty Emperor of Ethiopia! Lette nao(?)!”

In reply the Emperor expressed his joy on the occasion of visiting the Head of the Russian Orthodox Church, to which the Ethiopian Church has long experienced brotherly love. Exceptionally joyful and heartical welcome, extended to him by the Russian Church and Patriarch Alexei, is a source of deep satisfaction for him and indicates that the old bond of friendship, which ties Russian and Ethiopian churches, is continually getting stronger for the benefit of it‘s people.
“As the spiritual relationship between our churches, helped the two nations get closer before“ – said the Emperor – “now likewise the agreements concluded with the Soviet state, will fill the spiritual ties of fraternal friendship between our churches, and lead to even greater convergence between them.“ Emperor expressed to the Patriarch the wishes of longevity and prosperity and his hopes for the prosperity of the Russian Orthodox Church.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 9/8/2010 2:01:47 PM

To the King of Kings..and Lord of Lords.. The Conquering Lion of Judah..

Romans 14:11
For it is written, [As] I live, saith Haile Selassie I, EVERY KNEE shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Isaiah 45:23
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me EVERY KNEE shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Most High!!
Selassie I!
JAH!
RasTafari!

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/10/2010 6:47:02 PM

I read on the origins of Nyahbinghi, that there was an article written that said that Selassie I held a meeting with the Heads of the Nyahbinghi in Moscow.

-----------------------
Nyahbinghi throw a stone, the great stone to Babylon....That is the crucial idea of the term Nyahbinghi which means "death to the black and white downpressors". The term jumped to the international publicity in the year 1935 when newspapers in world wide told that Haile Selassie is the head of the mighty cult of the warriors of Nyahbinghi in Africa. Actually, it was five years before this news spread by the papers when HIM was crowned as the King of Nyahbinghi in the secret meeting of 82 African delegates in Moscow.
-----------------------

Messenger: Kebra Tsyon Sent: 9/13/2010 6:40:07 PM

Amen wa Amen! Sebhat le haimanote tekerakariwu. Glory to the Defender of the faith: QADAMAWI HAILE SELASSIE.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/21/2011 10:22:58 AM

Here's a link to an online book about Selassie I's visit to the USSR in 1959:

HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I IN THE SOVIET UNION

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/28/2011 9:22:51 PM

Russian Coal Mine visit

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I