Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3987&start_row=1

Facebook

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/4/2010 10:06:59 AM

I have been thinking about the social networking site Facebook. Even though millions of people use facebook, I personally do not trust facebook to keep I personal information private. Anyone, including school, business, police, or government could just easily spy on I by looking at facebook. I have heard of business employees being fired over what they write on facebook, and nowadays facebook is linked to almost everything. I don't trust Mark Zuckerburg or his website with I personal information. I know millions of people use facebook with no problems, but still I don't trust it.

------------------------------------------
Facebook is a social networking website launched in February 2004 and operated and privately owned by Facebook, Inc.[1] Users can add people as friends and send them messages, and update their personal profiles to notify friends about themselves. Additionally, users can join networks organized by workplace, school, or college. The website's name stems from the colloquial name of books given to students at the start of the academic year by university administrations in the US with the intention of helping students to get to know each other better. Anyone age 13 or older can become a Facebook user.

Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow computer science students Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.[6] The website's membership was initially limited by the founders to Harvard students, but was expanded to other colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. It later expanded further to include (potentially) any university student, then high school students, and, finally, to anyone aged 13 and over. The original concept for Facebook was borrowed from a product produced by Zuckerberg's prep school Phillips Exeter Academy, which for decades published and distributed a printed manual of all students and faculty, unofficially called the "face book". The website currently has more than 400 million active users worldwide.[7][8]

Facebook has met with some controversy. It has been blocked intermittently in several countries including Pakistan,[9] Syria,[10] China,[11] Vietnam,[12] and Iran.[13] It has also been banned at many places of work to discourage employees from wasting time using the service.[14] Privacy has also been an issue, and it has been compromised several times. Facebook settled a lawsuit regarding claims over source code and intellectual property.[15] The site has also been involved in controversy over the sale of fans and friends.
------------------------------------------

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 7/4/2010 10:38:17 AM

Yes i, the i do well not to trust it

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/14/2010 9:48:13 PM

@ Eleazar

Are you serious? All open networks are monitored by Babylon. Don't think for one moment that the FBI is not monitoring every word that I type on this forum. However I have no fear. If Babylon want me, they are welcome to come and get some.

Warrior of Isra-EL

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/14/2010 10:03:25 PM

Nothing private should be trusted anywhere on the internet.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 7/14/2010 10:52:26 PM

Yes I, On another web site a bredren made a post about it on face book and it got deleted. He then came back explaining how babylon deleted his post for exposing them monoriting facebook and then that one was deleted soon after.

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/14/2010 10:58:02 PM

@ bredren aaron

Youtube does the same thing. If you expose them, they will actualy delete entire accounts. The truth is spreading too fast. Soon they will terminate all free media outlets in an attempt to cripple the words of light. But no matter what Bbaylon try, we will always previal over them. It has alreasdy been written.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I